Huawei P20 Pro and spark
4358 13 2018-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nanske
lvl.1

Belgium

I can control the Spark with my Huawei P20 Pro, but ONLY with Wifi. I would like to control it with cable.
I have an OTG connector, USB Debugging enabled, yet, it doesn't connect.

Anybody any suggestions? I prefer cable instead of wifi (more stable).

2018-6-23
Use props
BMelody
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3146 ft
United States

Have you tried turning the OTG cable around? The cable has a host (controller) end and a non host (phone) end. If the cable is in the wrong direction it will not work. Also when using with my  Spark I have everything turned on and wait until I get the green LED is illuminated on the controller then I unplug the OTG cable at the controller for a second and plug it back in again. At that point the app will sync and I will get GO FLY.
It is very different when flying my Mavic Pro.

Also what version of DJI GO are you using? Some versions of DJI GO does not support OTG. Versions between 4.1.15 and 4.2.12 will not work. Versions above 4.2.12 are buggy and in my opinion should not be used. I am currently using 4.2.12 in 3 of my devices. However I am going to use 4.1.15 in my Epson BT-300.

~Bill
2018-6-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with your DJI Spark, sad to say the mobile device you are currently using which is the Huawei P20 is not supported to run the app. Below is the list of compatible devices.  

2018-6-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

If the phone charges the Rc: switch the plugs!
The RC "has to" charge your phone, that is the right direction.

Second thing:
Put the outgoing cable of the OTG cable in the phone, first.
Start the RC, as soon LED is steady connect the ingoing side to the RC
2018-6-23
Use props
nanske
lvl.1

Belgium

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-6-23 05:49
If the phone charges the Rc: switch the plugs!
The RC "has to" charge your phone, that is the right direction.

It's  indeed going the other way around. But I cannot switch the cable, my phone is micro c connection. (using an OTG adapter-.
When I connect the phone, I have get a screen with following options:
- Transfer Photos
- Transfer Files
- Charge only
- Reverse change (supply power to a connected device
- Input MIDI

I tried all of them, but it always switch automaticly to the 4th one...
I think I can only use the wifi connection.
2018-6-28
Use props
nanske
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-23 05:25
Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with your DJI Spark, sad to say the mobile device you are currently using which is the Huawei P20 is not supported to run the app. Below is the list of compatible devices.  

[view_image]

App works fine if I connect the RC and Huawei via WIFI.
It's only the cable which doesn't work.
2018-6-28
Use props
nanske
lvl.1

Belgium

BMelody Posted at 2018-6-23 05:18
Have you tried turning the OTG cable around? The cable has a host (controller) end and a non host (phone) end. If the cable is in the wrong direction it will not work. Also when using with my  Spark I have everything turned on and wait until I get the green LED is illuminated on the controller then I unplug the OTG cable at the controller for a second and plug it back in again. At that point the app will sync and I will get GO FLY.
It is very different when flying my Mavic Pro.

Version. DJI Pro 4, but I cannot find the exact release number :-(
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

nanske Posted at 2018-6-28 10:58
Version. DJI Pro 4, but I cannot find the exact release number :-(

As of the moment, the usage of the OTG cable is for you to connect your DJI Goggles, however, it's not yet optimized when in terms of connecting our phones and rest assured that once it's already tested and optimized we will inform our customer, I would suggest paying attention to our website as well for any updates.
2018-6-28
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi nanske,

For my Saprk i use a OTG cable and a USB cable to connect to my phone.
To make it clear its like : RC > OTG cable > USB cable > phone.

Not all standard USB cables (i have so many...) do work, so did you try different cables?

cheers
JJB
2018-6-28
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

For Huawei P series, USB connection to RC is a breeze. I use Huawei P9_Plus and Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4 2018. Not a problem with USB connection to RC。I did not experience any disconnection, video lagging, broken video, app crashing and etc., so far. Huawei is the perfect match for flying with DJI GO 4 app. I run DJI GO 4 app, 4.2.12 and disable auto-update.
I fly with different operating options in Huawei, e.g. bluetooth on/off, aeroplane mode on/off, 4G on/off and etc. I did not find any difference on reliability. Wifi and USB, both options are just working fine.
My other friend fly his Mavic Air with iPad Mini 4, he occasionally experienced "video lagging". He flew with latest version of DJI GO 4 app. He was unsure whether the video lagging was due to iPad Mini 4 or signal interferences. He was surprised to see the video was very smooth on my Huawei devices, i.e. P9_Plus and MediaPad M5 8.4 2018. I disabled all background app running in my Huawei devices, before flying. Furthermore, I wear a bluetooth enabled smart sports watch everytime I fly.

My Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4 2018 is exclusively for running DJI GO 4 app and my Huawei P9_PLus is my phone for daily use. I compared iPad Mini 4 with Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4 2018, and finally brought Huawei. It is because the screen of iPad Mini 4 is very dim and hard to see in direct sunlight. My friend is a bit disappointed at the screen of iPad Mini 4. He is an Apple fans and he only uses Apple products. :-)

Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4 2018 is in the same price range as iPad Mini 4. At first, I worry that the latest version of Android in Huawei MediaPad may not work with DJI GO 4 app. After couple of flights in close range, my worry went away. Happy flying hereafter. :-) :-)
2018-6-28
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Ricky,

Does this M5 tablet have a GPS module? So the little compass in the GO 4 app does function?

cheers
JJB
2018-6-28
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-28 23:00
Hi Ricky,

Does this M5 tablet have a GPS module? So the little compass in the GO 4 app does function?

Yes. GPS, GLONASS and BeiDuo system. 4G LTE version.
2018-6-29
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ricky Aerial Photography Posted at 2018-6-29 06:30
Yes. GPS, GLONASS and BeiDuo system. 4G LTE version.

Thanks, don`t know what BeiDuo is but did find your tablet on the internet, looks really great!
2018-6-29
Use props
n|ck
New

United Kingdom

Usb otg and p20 pro still doesn't work then? I just bought a new cable otg usb mini to usb c .

Still doesn't work. DJI please?
2018-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules