Warrenty ...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skypix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3250761 ft
  • >>>

Doe's the warrenty on a drone begin from activation date or purchase date ?
2018-6-23
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Per the DJI warranty:

"The warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, unless otherwise agreed upon between you and DJI."
2018-6-23
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

What if you buy from a dealer?  Dji has no idea when one of their products has been delivered from another source.  I thought it began when activated.
2018-6-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, We do have different policies for different regions. Please check the link https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer. If you already have the drone with you, please provide me your serial number so that I can provide you the excat details.
2018-6-23
Use props
Skypix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3250761 ft
  • >>>

Purchased in Europe
2018-6-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Surely it would say on the invoice the day it was purchased, normally goods are warrantied from the day of purchase, i cannot see DJI going by activation, what if someone didnt activate it for at least a month due to what ever reason
2018-6-23
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-6-23 03:55
What if you buy from a dealer?  Dji has no idea when one of their products has been delivered from another source.  I thought it began when activated.

"I thought it began when activated."
That is how it used to be, it was changed during fall or winter but i can't find the thread informing that change anywhere.
From the sound of it it was changed so even if you had been under the old policy of registration it from then on would be the purchase/receive date that counts, i think that is not a fair way to change policies.
2018-6-24
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-23 20:27
Surely it would say on the invoice the day it was purchased, normally goods are warrantied from the day of purchase, i cannot see DJI going by activation, what if someone didnt activate it for at least a month due to what ever reason

"what if someone didnt activate it for at least a month due to what ever reason"
Then it would still be new, what is the point of having the activation if not to timestamp when the equipment is starting being used.
In my own situation it took 14 days to have it activated so i could actually use it, this due to lack of Wifi that no where was stated to be a requirement for buying and using a RTF advertised drone.
2018-6-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That is not how things work over here in the UK, your warranty starts on the day of purchase!
2018-6-24
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-24 10:44
That is not how things work over here in the UK, your warranty starts on the day of purchase!

Yes the same here, but normally you can use your purchases without the need for connecting them to the internet in order to active and register.
It was my understanding when i bought mine that this activation thing was all about the warranty, for the same reason they keep asking for the serial where a proof of purchase else should do.
2018-6-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think that just means that it would need to be activated if you had to make a claim, that way it is activated to the buyer,  i am fairly sure but could be wrong (been know once or twice )that your 12 months will start from the day it was bought, i bet that if you activated it a month after purchase, giving you, in effect 13 months warranty, that if you tried to claim during that 13th month, you would be knocked back, could do with DJI to confirm or deny really, but that would be my understanding, again, i could be wrong....
2018-6-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Starts date of purchase and you'll need to send DJI a copy of your receipt of purchase when raising the ticket to ship it.
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules