2496 45 2018-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

NO, IT DIDN'T CRASH!
I threw the stupid thing as far as I could throw it.
OK, I gathered up the bits for the photo, but I feel realy good about destroying this total waste of space and time.
It takes a lot to tip me over the edge, but I have had enough of being messed about by people who can only suggest reinstalling the software / firmware.
I did all that, many times.
I had everything working perfectly and ready for a flight the next day.
I lit everything up and it just showed DISCONNECTED.
I tried many times to reconnect, but it just wouldn't.
I picked up all the total junk and threw it out on the lawn.
One way or another the stupid drone was going to fly. And it did.
Have I any regrets, not one.
No more will I fly, wondering if it will go beserk and injure someone, even though I might not be near them.
No more will I wonder if this is its last flight before a flyaway.
No more will I waste my time flying a dangerous, unreliable drone.

20180623_130352.jpg
2018-6-23
Use props
Grapejuice Pix
lvl.2
United States

Hey, I’m sorry you had such a bad experience with your drone and customer support. I’m sure there was a more productive solution out there somewhere than smashing it but I understand your frustrations. I hope this doesn’t turn you off from flying drones in the future. If you’re done with DJI, maybe try the Parrot ANAFI or they Typhoon H or something.
2018-6-23
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft

Sounds like the problem is you and your device, not the drone. I would have had it working flawlessly. Want to sell it cheap? I’ll fix it and it will be perfect for someone that has more patience than a 2 year old.
2018-6-23
Use props
Folkestone
First Officer
Flight distance : 843199 ft
United Kingdom

That's sad to see.

Disconnected on the phone on mine was fixed with a new wire from the remote to the phone. DJI does seem to supply poor quality cables with their products.
2018-6-23
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to see this.
2018-6-23
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Someone has "issues"!
2018-6-23
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft

Hmmm. I think it will still fly.
2018-6-23
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft

send me the battery.  and the props.  hell, send me the whole thing if you don't want it.
2018-6-23
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

I can understand your frustration, I've been there.  Not with my MPP but with a drip coffee maker.  Long story short I ended up throwing it out the kitchen window .  When the wife got home she said where's the coffee maker and I said, "in the back yard where it belongs."  

Maybe give the Autel Evo a try when it goes on sale in a couple days.  I've heard they have very good customer support.
2018-6-23
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would have just sold it for around £600 and bought something nice for myself to cheer me up.  I don't really believe you when you say you have no regrets.
2018-6-23
Use props
Velospinner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 532671 ft
  • >>>

Folkestone Posted at 2018-6-23 04:40
That's sad to see.

Disconnected on the phone on mine was fixed with a new wire from the remote to the phone. DJI does seem to supply poor quality cables with their products.

yes, the same here. Issue went away by using another USB cable.
2018-6-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

From picture, I think I can see the problem, and possible solution.

Suggest, refreshing the firmware.
You might have to downgrade firmware, then reinstall current firmware.

If that does not help, suggest you try steps 2-7 listed here Please perform the following as well.

2018-6-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Grapejuice Pix Posted at 2018-6-23 04:26
Hey, I’m sorry you had such a bad experience with your drone and customer support. I’m sure there was a more productive solution out there somewhere than smashing it but I understand your frustrations. I hope this doesn’t turn you off from flying drones in the future. If you’re done with DJI, maybe try the Parrot ANAFI or they Typhoon H or something.

Sometimes it is best to cut your losses and move on.  
2018-6-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Far_North Posted at 2018-6-23 07:35
I can understand your frustration, I've been there.  Not with my MPP but with a drip coffee maker.  Long story short I ended up throwing it out the kitchen window .  When the wife got home she said where's the coffee maker and I said, "in the back yard where it belongs."  

Maybe give the Autel Evo a try when it goes on sale in a couple days.  I've heard they have very good customer support.

Long story short I ended up throwing it out the kitchen window .

If only you guys had Second Amendment, you could have had a lot more fun than throwing coffee maker out window.  

2018-6-23
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

More app related issues. Sorry, but you could have rolled back the app to earlier version to see if that helped. Many many similar complaints all over drone forums and Facebook groups.
2018-6-23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

send me the drone. after all the issues that i have had and still believe in the Pro. You really should have tried more to get this working. There is no issue that cannot be resolved. If BullDog could get his working and stop complaining I dont see why you could not.
2018-6-23
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-23 08:11
Long story short I ended up throwing it out the kitchen window .

If only you guys had Second Amendment, you could have had a lot more fun than throwing coffee maker out window.

Haha so true.   
2018-6-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

It looks fairly intact to me, perhaps worth a rethink, if using lightning connection supplied then it is very susceptible to any movement on left hand grip of RC. a safer option is to use your own cable connected to lower USB. With device mounted on independent clamp, that way there is little or no movement of lightning connector. But the controller looks a bit worse for wear.
2018-6-23
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

I truly admire your commitment. Onward!
2018-6-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-6-23 09:52
It looks fairly intact to me, perhaps worth a rethink, if using lightning connection supplied then it is very susceptible to any movement on left hand grip of RC. a safer option is to use your own cable connected to lower USB. With device mounted on independent clamp, that way there is little or no movement of lightning connector. But the controller looks a bit worse for wear.

if using lightning connection supplied then it is very susceptible to  any movement on left hand grip of RC. a safer option is to use your own  cable connected to lower USB.

Suggested new advice steps:

1) Upgrade to lastest firmware
2) Reseat USB cable
3) Refresh firmware
4) Try another USB cable
5) Downgrade firmware, and reload latest version of firmware (good luck if it's .0400).
6) Replace USB cable with new cable

2018-6-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-23 10:12
if using lightning connection supplied then it is very susceptible to  any movement on left hand grip of RC. a safer option is to use your own  cable connected to lower USB.

Should that not be addressed to the OP ?
2018-6-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-6-23 10:31
Should that not be addressed to the OP ?

Nothing bad or insulting towards you.

It was suggestion of trying USB cable, relating to DJI needing to get away from standardized: Refresh, reload, re-update fw / software.   
2018-6-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-23 10:59
Nothing bad or insulting towards you.

It was suggestion of trying USB cable, relating to DJI needing to get away from standardized: Refresh, reload, re-update fw / software.

I based my comment on my own experience with my Mavic Pro controller, there were a number of occasions where the display disconnected because of movement of the lightning cable connected to my iPhone 6s plus. If the handles on the RC did not rock about when gripped while operating sticks then I wouldn't have been aware that this was the cause of my disconnects. To resolve the problem I use my iPad pro in its cradle connected to lower USB. Or my iPhone6s plus in cradle.

All in all my Mavic Pro works well with all on latest firmware etc.
2018-6-23
Use props
Free2be
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229570 ft

Bad to read and even the poor DJI support..
How long do I read the many problems with the software version.
To know that engineers are of the most stubborn kind.
2018-6-23
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

It can sometimes be totally frustrating when everything is against you. Could it have encountered a better ending? Probably... Am I surprised? Not really...
2018-6-23
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

Folkestone Posted at 2018-6-23 04:40
That's sad to see.

Disconnected on the phone on mine was fixed with a new wire from the remote to the phone. DJI does seem to supply poor quality cables with their products.

Did you bought DJI cable or other vendor?
2018-6-23
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Italy

Velospinner Posted at 2018-6-23 07:43
yes, the same here. Issue went away by using another USB cable.

DJI cable or not?
2018-6-23
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Italy

Sorry where are remote antenna?
2018-6-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-6-23 11:42
Sorry where are remote antenna?

It looks like they got destroyed when he threw it out the widow.
2018-6-23
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft

Looks salvageable - maybe the intent was not so much to 'destroy' but to 'create'?. ;-) I have to say the only times I've had issues with the MPP was when there was heavy local magnetic interference, and when I was 'on the edge' with a higher than recommended blustery wind speed. Maybe the Phantom platform is a more 'stable' one for your needs?
2018-6-23
Use props
Danger Lampost
lvl.4

United States

May I suggest that it's only because you enjoy flying your drone so much when things go well, that you destroyed your drone when things did not go well?

You know how when people crash their drone and then post on here, a bunch of people will post "I'm sorry for your loss," just like someone died? Well, what died here is your joy of flying, not your drone. I hope you get that back one day.
2018-6-23
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>

Expensive temper tantrum.
2018-6-23
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

One of the least subtle attention seeking pointless threads ive seen.
2018-6-23
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Perhaps a grass trimmer at least?  Gotta be somehow we can put to use.  The props still seem good to go so am sure they can trim a little grass.  Or better yet a weed wacker.  
2018-6-23
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

Reminds me of the fix this guy had for his error code:

Fix at 1:55:00
2018-6-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s all very ironic.
Your drone is not working right, option to send into dji for warranty replacement or repair, so you break it , then you post here, dji this is the end, well it certainly is the end of your Mavic Pro your warranty and if you had Care refresh , that to by posting to the dji owned forum.
Result dji don’t have to repair or replace your drone.
You have  , Nothing Nada, Zilch, who do you think is better off here, now just think about it for a minute.

“Irony is wasted on the stupid”
2018-6-23
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Danger Lampost Posted at 2018-6-23 14:18
May I suggest that it's only because you enjoy flying your drone so much when things go well, that you destroyed your drone when things did not go well?

You know how when people crash their drone and then post on here, a bunch of people will post "I'm sorry for your loss," just like someone died? Well, what died here is your joy of flying, not your drone. I hope you get that back one day.

that's deep.

Here i was just thinking that he was ticked off because he had problems, then emotions got the better of him.

@alansdronepics, If the joy of flying and the inability to do so is what drove you to snap, then i believe the joy is still there.   
I hope you still have your phantom, or another drone to put in the air.  If not, I hope you find the device that you're looking for.

2018-6-23
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-23 16:34
It’s all very ironic.
Your drone is not working right, option to send into dji for warranty replacement or repair, so you break it , then you post here, dji this is the end, well it certainly is the end of your Mavic Pro your warranty and if you had Care refresh , that to by posting to the dji owned forum.
Result dji don’t have to repair or replace your drone.

Language/grammar police here...

That's not irony.  There is nothing ironic about that.  That is anger manifested into action.  I don't think he stated that "this is the end" looking for assistance, or expecting DJI to DO anything.  I think he is just making a point.  It's like breaking up with your girlfriend, and then publicly posting it so everybody knows.
2018-6-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Assuming this isn't a prank, similar to tail of droner owner getting beaten up after his Mavic Air went renegade hitting a Harley, damaging $6,500?? custom paint job.  

It is a sad statement on overall predicment.  

Problems with .0300 firmware for M.P., (problems with .0400 firmware for M.A.), issues with GO-4, with rubberstamped try this, less than helpful support from higher up, DJI Corporate failing to come forward, DJI leaving Mavic customers (J.Q. Public) to deal with technical issues, problems dragging out till DJI's customers are unhappy to mad - has made things worse than need be.
** Need further proof of death.  Print of today's latest Post, pictured next to corpse.   

2018-6-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-23 16:57
Language/grammar police here...

That's not irony.  There is nothing ironic about that.  That is anger manifested into action.  I don't think he stated that "this is the end" looking for assistance, or expecting DJI to DO anything.  I think he is just making a point.  It's like breaking up with your girlfriend, and then publicly posting it so everybody knows.

Irony would be:  Mavic Air being flown at DJI's ''See the Bigger Picture'' announcement, dropping it's connection, and going Beserkers.
2018-6-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules