DJI GO Crashing immediately on Open (Android Essential Phone)
16085 22 2018-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_oskrzRWQdt44
lvl.1
United States

Been using my Mavic Pro along with Essential Phone since December.  Went to fly drone today (first time in about two weeks) and the app will no longer open.  Crashes immediately when trying to launch it.  I guess there was an update since I last flew and this latest update has rendered my drone a paperweight.  Even tried to unistall & reinstall DJI Go and same exact result.

Any ideas?
2018-6-23
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Roll back to 4.2.14  The app is seriously flawed. Litchi is another option
2018-6-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, sorry to hear that. Try cleaning up the cache files on your app and make sure you have enough memory space on your phone. You can also try using a recommended device listed below.

2018-6-23
Use props
djiuser_oskrzRWQdt44
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-23 08:20
Hi, sorry to hear that. Try cleaning up the cache files on your app and make sure you have enough memory space on your phone. You can also try using a recommended device listed below.

[view_image]

Thanks - but the issue is not with the phone or cache.  I uninstalled the app entirely and reinstalled fresh from play store so there shouldn't have been any cache...  Memory on the phone wasn't an issue last 6 months either...   

As the other poster stated - will try to roll back to previous version to confirm 100% the problem is with the latest update.

Thanks guys!
2018-6-23
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... -release/#downloads

uninstall GO4 app on your device. Install the 4.2.14 app. Go to Google Play store and disable auto updating for Go4.
2018-6-23
Use props
djiuser_oskrzRWQdt44
lvl.1
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-6-23 08:27
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-2-14-release/#downloads

uninstall GO4 app on your device. Install the 4.2.14 app. Go to Google Play store and disable auto updating for Go4.

Thanks!  Just rolled back to 4.2.14 and it seems to be fine again.  Sad that DJI messed up the app so bad - totally unacceptable...
2018-6-23
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_oskrzRWQdt44 Posted at 2018-6-23 08:38
Thanks!  Just rolled back to 4.2.14 and it seems to be fine again.  Sad that DJI messed up the app so bad - totally unacceptable...

Glad it's working!  Ignore all the mess from the masses....

Oddly enough there are now quite a few with iOS having similar faults. The numbers of users experiencing these problems are growing fast.

FB groups have about 50 posts and more in those posts having the issue of dropouts, bad feed, and disconnects. Spark, MP, etc. Oddly enough, few MA user complaints.  So to many they kind of think the MA added to the app has long since created more problems in Go4 for other products.

Issues :
Disconnecting
Distorted choppy video transmission
DNG files not saving, photos not saving in cache when enabled (not sure about that one)
Dlog not working properly
Tap to focus (MP) not always working (ios and android)
Manual focus not going to infinity (ios and android).

Spark gesture modes not always working, Spark flying at people when in gesture mode (as in attacking).

Yes the App is filled with problems now. Hope the people at DJI are fixing this asap. Forums are exploding with DJI app failures and users either wanting to return their products, or others saying they are not going to buy another future product. Bad juju.
2018-6-23
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

Hi, sorry to hear that. Try cleaning up the cache files on your app and make sure you have enough memory space on your phone. You can also try using a recommended device listed below.

[view_image]

Rolling back to earlier version is solving most issues. It's not a cache problem, sd card format problem, or cable problem.

My devices are S3 Tab, Note 8. Spec is way beyond what Go4 requirements are. All worked perfectly up until 4.2.16 and after. 4.2.20 is the absolute worst.

I have a Mini 4, but I use these other tablet and phone because the video and photos look better on those screens, and the screens handle bright days better than a Mini 4.

Go over to Mavic Pilot forums, Facebook groups for MP, and Spark and watch the amount of complaints piling up by the hour as more have nicer days to take the air, only to be met with an app that is severely faulted.

I also like many in those groups find it very odd that other products that are very common in retail stores, and amazon are not tested. Note 8 is well beyond min spec, so is the 2017 S3 tab.

I considered the larger Crystal Sky, but my friend flyer in our drone community here has been reporting the same laggy video and distorted video feed. I and many others I know in our club of now close to 75 people are holding off on a CS until this is fixed.

For many MP users in our local club, dozens of users on Mavic Forum, FB groups, uninstalling 4.2.20 and reverting to 4.2.14 fixed their issues.
2018-6-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-6-23 10:44
Rolling back to earlier version is solving most issues. It's not a cache problem, sd card format problem, or cable problem.

My devices are S3 Tab, Note 8. Spec is way beyond what Go4 requirements are. All worked perfectly up until 4.2.16 and after. 4.2.20 is the absolute worst.

I and many others I know in our club of now close to 75 people are holding off on a CS until this is fixed.

Going by all different firmware / software problems that are being reported with various products, and new DJI product about to be released - I would not hold my breath on a fix for CrystalSky.

2018-6-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hi, I'm sorry for all inconvenience. We are aware of the issue and our engineers are still working on the new version. I will let you know if there's an update about this.
2018-6-26
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-26 03:10
Hi, I'm sorry for all inconvenience. We are aware of the issue and our engineers are still working on the new version. I will let you know if there's an update about this.

Thanks please do!
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You're welcome. Yes, I will.
2018-6-27
Use props
arjuino
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118281 ft
India

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-27 01:11
You're welcome. Yes, I will.

I'm currently running Android Pie on Google Pixel 2XL. The app crashed before launching. I tried rolling back app to previous version. But it's not helping. Pls advice.
2018-8-17
Use props
Scotty Marchbanks
New

United States

arjuino Posted at 2018-8-17 22:20
I'm currently running Android Pie on Google Pixel 2XL. The app crashed before launching. I tried rolling back app to previous version. But it's not helping. Pls advice.

Same here...Pixel XL...fine on other devices S2tab nougat...and oddly other Oreo devices but no go on Pixel XL custom brom pixel dust...yeah it's a sweet custom room id love this one to work and feel that by reading it may be fixable by rolling back....mavic air...
2018-8-23
Use props
Scotty Marchbanks
New

United States

Same problem...where to get version 4212?
2018-8-23
Use props
Scotty Marchbanks
New

United States

Scotty Marchbanks Posted at 2018-8-23 16:00
Same problem...where to get version 4212?

V 4214 meant..lol..sorry can't find the edit button...I prob can find but alit of times I worry about crap from the public apk sites...unless it's confirmed to be safe...lol ..thanks guys..
2018-8-23
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
United States

Scotty Marchbanks Posted at 2018-8-23 16:03
V 4214 meant..lol..sorry can't find the edit button...I prob can find but alit of times I worry about crap from the public apk sites...unless it's confirmed to be safe...lol ..thanks guys..

apk mirror
2018-8-23
Use props
djiuser_v7kKJrac6AZu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251644 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I am using LG V20 and have the same problem after upgrading to the new Android. Dji Go4 cannot connect the Marvic 2 zoom. Tgen I turned off the buetooth function. It wirks again.
2018-10-22
Use props
AcientOak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11204 ft
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-6-23 08:27
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-2-14-release/#downloads

uninstall GO4 app on your device. Install the 4.2.14 app. Go to Google Play store and disable auto updating for Go4.

I know that this is an older post but I cannot find anything more recent.  So I did the rollback. It is no longer crashing but is now telling me Failed to get resource file. Please check your network connection and retry. Any help would be appreciated.
2020-3-18
Use props
AcientOak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11204 ft
United States

AcientOak Posted at 3-18 09:18
I know that this is an older post but I cannot find anything more recent.  So I did the rollback. It is no longer crashing but is now telling me Failed to get resource file. Please check your network connection and retry. Any help would be appreciated.

I am also using a Samsung Galaxy Tab SM-T320
2020-3-18
Use props
moshe oz
New

Israel

Hi, sorry to hear that. Try cleaning up the cache files on your app and make sure you have enough memory space on your phone. You can also try using a recommended device listed below.

[view_image]

I am using OnePlus 3t android 9.0.6
After dji go update i can't use it any more.
Any solution??
2020-9-30
Use props
ConnorSchulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-26 03:10
Hi, I'm sorry for all inconvenience. We are aware of the issue and our engineers are still working on the new version. I will let you know if there's an update about this.

Where's the update buddy???

This company is fucking pathetic, I now have a $2000 grounded drone due to your incompetency.
2022-3-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ConnorSchulte Posted at 3-26 04:29
Where's the update buddy???

This company is fucking pathetic, I now have a $2000 grounded drone due to your incompetency.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what issue did you experience with your unit? Also, what drone are you using? Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules