Ronin M footage - am I expecting too much?
996 3 2018-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DPJ-CO
lvl.1

Hello,

I have been using the Ronin M for the last 6 months, a few times a week.
I have never been impressed with the stabilization of this device and even had moments the footage was so bad, it couldn't be saved software wise.

The Ronin has been updated, fine tunes, balanced, been doing the ninja walk, etc. but the results are just below what I expect.
My question, can someone share raw footage for me to compare? I would like to know if the devices is performing normally. Maybe I have too high of an expectation of the Ronin-M, but the Zhiyun Crane gets better results with this setup, wich seems odd.

Shooting with a Sony 6500 (5-axis internal stabilization), Rokinon 12mm Cine + thumb controller and 7" field monitor. Footage shot on a Segway to avoid walking motion.

Link to a clip with the setup above, on a Segway:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/avkly1bx4qze3u9/C0045.MP4?dl=0

2018-6-23
Use props
DPJ-CO
lvl.1

oh well, as no-one seems to have an idea, the DJI is going to be replaced by something that gives me a result I can actually use. Anyone in the market for a Ronin M with 2 batteries, Nanuk 940 case and Thumb controller?
2018-6-26
Use props
bob_angie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321519 ft

DPJ-CO Posted at 2018-6-26 16:57
oh well, as no-one seems to have an idea, the DJI is going to be replaced by something that gives me a result I can actually use. Anyone in the market for a Ronin M with 2 batteries, Nanuk 940 case and Thumb controller?

Hello sir,

I've seen quite a few reviews and videos of the Ronin-M and none of them seem to have the issue you're experiencing, it doesn't appear to be shaking in a lot of directions, there just seems to be a little bounce and vibration which leads me to believe there's a balancing issue on the tilt axis. Have you taken the time to follow the official balancing instructions or maybe follow a youtube tutorial? I know for sure it's not intended to look like that so there must be a solution somewhere. Does the issue persist in different operating modes? Like handheld vs. on the Segway? Is there any way you can film the gimbal in operation, when the issue is happening, so we can see what is happening to the motors or the camera itself? Perhaps there's an issue with your device, have you reached out to DJI to have your product diagnosed?

The Ronin-M is a great device and great investment, would hate to see you sell it before exploring all your options, I'm sure once you get it running you'll be able to continue getting great shots.
2018-6-26
Use props
PhilippN
lvl.2

Czechia

Same problem with the micro-jitters. No one seems to have a solution.
2020-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules