Should I stay or should I go now
1775 23 2018-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 938012 ft

Lost my Mavic pro a month ago. I have been thinking about repleacing it with a Refurb. I went to DJI store today and it said refurb is $659. Ok click add to cart. Now the cart shows its $799. Chatted with DJI they say bug in web site. Working on it. Not sure when will be fixed. Should I wait or Buy an Autel EVO for $200 more? I hate to just waist my 4 Mavic batteries, controller etc. But if the Mavic would have had rear collison sensors I would not have lost it. The Evo has them. OTher than that I love the Mavic Pro. It was a great drone.

2018-6-23
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Personal choice.  Do you WANT the EVO?  Or do you want the Mavic?  If you are willing to buy the Evo, are you willing to wait until July 18 to see what the announcement is?  If it's a Mavic Pro II, you can bet that it will have the rear sensors as well as a slew of other upgrades.  But in that case you're still stuck with your batteries, controller, etc.  OR, if you wait and the announce a Mavic Pro II, you can probably score yourself a new Mavic Pro for a reduced price, instead of a refurb.    You gotta weigh all of those options, and make your decision.  
2018-6-23
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft

Depends on need over the next few weeks. If it were me, I'd go for a refurb'd Platinum - newer stock, and the other benefits of longer flight time and quieter operation. I think any MP2 will not be out until September.
2018-6-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

I went to DJI store today and it said refurb is $659. Ok click add to cart. Now the cart shows its $799. Chatted with DJI they say bug in web site.

Regardless of where bug is on DJI's web site.  DJI should honor the $659 store price.  

2018-6-23
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Agreed that this is a personal choice.
Coming from other drone companies to Dji
I personally would go with the refurb.
With Dji you know what your getting.
2018-6-23
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-23 14:19
I went to DJI store today and it said refurb is $659. Ok click add to cart. Now the cart shows its $799. Chatted with DJI they say bug in web site.

Regardless of where bug is on DJI's web site.  DJI should honor the $659 store price.

My problem is if if says 659 on one page but the cart shows 799 I have to pay 799. So I will just have to wait.

I know the Mavic is a good drone. I don't know about any other brand so I probably will just wait for the price to be corrected. I really like the rear sensor option of the other.

As for a Phavic or MP2 it will be riddled with bugs for months after it is released. At least all of the previous models were. The MP has been pretty much stabilized.

I did not see a refurb of the MPP. Would my old controller and batteries work on the MPP. I was running the new MPP props on my old MP and they worked well.
2018-6-23
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Get the refurb.  I bought my refurbished Mavic Pro for $679 and have put more than 1300 miles on it without issue.  I absolutely have zero regrets getting my MP even it being a refurb.  I would seriously wait for them to correct it better yet open up a case that they should honor the price because they had a glitch on their site.  Their fault not yours.  That is what I would do.  
2018-6-23
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

Here I will help you.  https://www.dji.com/support  I am serious I would open up a case to get the price that you should of gotten.
2018-6-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the lost drone if may I ask did you manage to contact our support for our team to create an investigation case for what was happened to your Mavic Pro?
2018-6-24
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
United States

Looks like they fixed the Website. Now both pages say $799. That's to bad. I would have bought it for the $659 they had listed.
I did find a used one at B&H Photo with a 90 day warranty for $649 but that say I cannot put DJI Care on it. So thats a no go.
Guess I will just have to wait till something new comes out and the price comes back down.

DJI Tony,
Drone was lost to pilot error. No reason to contact support. I know where it is I just cant access it.
2018-6-25
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

AuroraHunter Posted at 2018-6-25 09:08
Looks like they fixed the Website. Now both pages say $799. That's to bad. I would have bought it for the $659 they had listed.
I did find a used one at B&H Photo with a 90 day warranty for $649 but that say I cannot put DJI Care on it. So thats a no go.
Guess I will just have to wait till something new comes out and the price comes back down.

You actually can still get DII care for it you just need to create a video showing that it is in working order.  Before paying a single $ I would see if you could test it out possibly?  Here is how you can make a video and get dji care for it.  https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
2018-6-25
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-25 09:22
You actually can still get DII care for it you just need to create a video showing that it is in working order.  Before paying a single $ I would see if you could test it out possibly?  Here is how you can make a video and get dji care for it.  https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload

DJI Care Refresh can only be bound units that meet the following criteria:-Brand new -Activated less than 48 hours-Repaired in an official DJI Service Center

Have not found anywhere that says I can buy a used drone and put insurance on it. I thought the video was only for extending the Care Refresh previously purchased.
2018-6-25
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-6-25 22:43
Since you have batteries & the RC, look for the bird-only, which is $759 new & includes a new battery, memory card, & a set of props.

Last I looked they were selling just a refurb Mavic for $799. Have not seen new ones for $759. Could you provide a link
2018-6-26
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-6-27 06:59
There ya go.  Brand new Mavic Pro, bird-only, includes battery & 16 GB memory card.  No RC or charger.  Shows out of stock. When I ordered mine I did an in-stock alert & ordered when it popped up as available.

Mavic Pro bird-only (new)

Kinda odd that they would sell a new one for $40 less than a used refurb.
Guess we shall see.
thanks.
2018-6-27
Use props
_zine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49521 ft
Australia

I would seriously consider the Autel Evo ... I’m in a similar situation, and waiting to see what DJI unveils at the next event.
If you are desperate to get a drone now, go for the Autel and sell your DJI accessories on fleebay
2018-6-29
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-7-1 08:51
Added photos of the new bird-only packaging to my previous post.

I'm on the list if it comes back in stock.
2018-7-1
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

AuroraHunter Posted at 2018-6-27 08:03
Kinda odd that they would sell a new one for $40 less than a used refurb.
Guess we shall see.
thanks.

Makes sense since it does not come with the RC.  I tell you though I am a huge fan of refurb.  I have a refurb and have put 1600 miles on it with no issue.  
2018-7-1
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4

SparksBird Posted at 2018-7-1 16:08
Makes sense since it does not come with the RC.  I tell you though I am a huge fan of refurb.  I have a refurb and have put 1600 miles on it with no issue.

I was going to buy the refurb at $649 but they jumped the price on me to $799. If the new ones ever come back in stock they are $759.
2018-7-1
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

AuroraHunter Posted at 2018-7-1 16:14
I was going to buy the refurb at $649 but they jumped the price on me to $799. If the new ones ever come back in stock they are $759.

I expect that price to go down here soon though once the new announcement one comes out whatever it is.  That price for the refurb constantly changes also check Amazon though it is from DJI also that is where I got mine for $679.  
2018-7-1
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

I was going to buy the refurb at $649 but they jumped the price on me to $799. If the new ones ever come back in stock they are $759.

In stock July 4th can get for $719 if you want.   https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Refur ... vic+pro+refurbished
2018-7-1
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
United States

And remember you can buy DJI Care Refresh within the first 48 hours with a refurb same as a new unit.  
2018-7-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

just wait till july 18
2018-7-3
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

There ya go.  Brand new Mavic Pro, bird-only, includes battery & 16 GB memory card.  No RC or charger.  Shows out of stock. When I ordered mine I did an in-stock alert & ordered when it popped up as available.

wow that was nice
2018-7-3
Use props
AuroraHunter
lvl.4
United States

I was notified yesterday that the New Mavic without remote was back in stock. So tonight I bit the bullet and bought it. Looks like its 10 to 15 days before they actually ship it. I guess they didn't really have it in stock.
I had $19 in loyality cash I was going to apply toward it and the screen said that it would apply on the next screen. Well it didn't so now I still have that $19 in cash. And soon I will have $27 in cash I apparently can't spend according to the credit page.  

I was going to save a bit longer and pick up a Refurb Phantom 4 Pro and a couple extra batteries. With maybe a Mavic 2 with a larger sensor on the horizon maybe by the end of the year I decided to go with the cheaper option of the Mavic Pro.
2018-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules