Persistent weak wifi password notice
5992 30 2018-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
heliman
lvl.4

How do I get rid of the warning message about weak password, while keeping the password as it is?And never see it again.

2018-6-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

With an older version of the app.. But any other as the 12341234 as password will kill this message.
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize if you're having some issues right now. Can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing so that we can isolate the issue?
2018-6-24
Use props
heliman
lvl.4

The password I have, is the one written on the label on the spark. I like it that way, and don’t want it changed.
For the record, it is 1b54da62 and I’m not worried about that any of you or someone else will take over my spark.
Here is the screen shot, which is confusing. Do I want to press cancel or ok? What are the buttons doing?):
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Heliman why are you giving the password here ?

Try to change it for your safety mate.

I also suggest you take off the Wifi Label when Guarantee is expired so that if someone finds your drone he can't use it. Just keep the original label in your Manual. So that you will have reference to it when reset Wifi.

Also instead of the Wifi label do a small tag with name tel and reward so that if someone finds it they can phone you.

Use common sense.
2018-6-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Heliman, you are using an RC or not?
if yes: It is the weak password 12341234 from the default of the RC's wifi
if no: First time I hear, the sparks default passwort is seen as weak from the app

2018-6-24
Use props
heliman
lvl.4

I’m using the rc.
In DJI terms “device” uses to be the phone, but as the phone wifi password is not used here, I assumed it was talking about the spark wifi password.
So, it is the rc pasword it doesn't like? Why does it not say so instead of this no sense.

The moment I bought the spark, the ownership was transferred to me.
Please DJI, stop behaving like you still own it. You don’t. At least not here in europe.
2018-6-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

heliman Posted at 2018-6-24 06:11
I’m using the rc.
In DJI terms “device” uses to be the phone, but as the phone wifi password is not used here, I assumed it was talking about the spark wifi password.
So, it is the rc pasword it doesn't like? Why does it not say so instead of this no sense.

Because the app is connecting via the phone to the RC.
The RC is "dongle" connecting to the Bird, no SSID to spot, no password in use.
2018-6-24
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

i have had this password nag for a few weeks also , flying on ios.

i love the dji vision app on the phantom no crappy messages all the time like the go4 app.

i'm trying to VLOS my bird but have to keep tapping the go4 messages on the screen , really dji should make all the warning message verbal and keep the screen clean.
2018-6-24
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Yep i get it everytime too. I've changed it to something else and it still keeps popping up.

FYI its pointless changing the passwords on these and you can factory reset them all by holding the power button for 9 seconds
2018-6-24
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

MKPSG12 Posted at 2018-6-24 23:24
Yep i get it everytime too. I've changed it to something else and it still keeps popping up.

FYI its pointless changing the passwords on these and you can factory reset them all by holding the power button for 9 seconds

This nag about the weak password is probably for situations like two or more spark pilots in the park...
I could be wrong
2018-6-25
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Haggi Posted at 2018-6-25 00:24
This nag about the weak password is probably for situations like two or more spark pilots in the park...
I could be wrong

Its a possibility but quite unlikely given some of the remote places i've had the warning
2018-6-25
Use props
Chazzw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 665213 ft
United Kingdom

I get it every time I fly and I just click cancel
2018-6-25
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130768 ft
United Kingdom

I also get it. It's annoying; I'd rather it not come up.
2018-6-25
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

I haven't updated the app or the Spark since February.  Part of my hand launch is to set the remote/device down on my knee or a table.  Once everything is connected and the video starts up,...wait for the status screen and various warnings.  The app is often still at the video screen when starting but I am not fooled and know I first have to hit okay on all the warnings that are about to pop up (firmware, zone, etc).  I haven't seen the password warning.  

It could be warning me that my car is on fire but I wouldn't notice as I quit reading warnings a while back.
2018-6-25
Use props
heliman
lvl.4

Honestly, I only use the go app when I feel lucky. Or if it gets a useful new feature. Which is also rare.
The only new, useful features I have noticed during 11 months with the spark, is sphere mode and wifi band locking.

Otherwise I use the free vr pro app for iphone, which does what I need without disturbing messages. It uses 2.4GHz as I have set in the go app.
I might buy a payed app, but I have been unable to find info about the noise level in litchi and autopilot.
2018-6-25
Use props
RetroTechX
New
Flight distance : 25889 ft
United States

Mine always does this, but I use the OTG cable so its doesn't matter.
2018-6-25
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300932 ft
United States

RetroTechX Posted at 2018-6-25 09:20
Mine always does this, but I use the OTG cable so its doesn't matter.

I have same problem on IOS - pain in the ass
2018-6-25
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300932 ft
United States

I have the same problem on IOS - pain in the ass
2018-6-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

default factory password is weak.....well, who's fault is that .....DJI...
2018-6-25
Use props
mhw#209
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96319 ft
United States

Was wondering the same thing, guess there is no reason to change it
2018-7-1
Use props
Noble797
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42605 ft

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-24 04:21
Heliman why are you giving the password here ?

Try to change it for your safety mate.

I did change my password and ran into a huge problem. After changing the password, I ran into the situation a lot where it would say my password was incorrect (which is saved correctly in my device). And the only way to fix it was to continually turn on/off the controller until it does recognize the password.
2018-7-25
Use props
Kencfii
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7474 ft

So, I click OK and it takes me to where I can change it.
Great - give it an acceptable new password and all seems fine.
BUT
everytime I go to fly, I still get that message and it resets itself to the 123..... passowrd.
Weird - i tried to change it several times and it seems to work but after flying and then going to fly another day, it resets back to the default weak password.

what is going on?
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Kencfii Posted at 2018-8-19 16:17
So, I click OK and it takes me to where I can change it.
Great - give it an acceptable new password and all seems fine.
BUT

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, what phone are you using? what is the version of your DJI GO 4 app? Would it be possible if you can provide the screenshot of this issue? Please keep us posted for further help.
2018-8-20
Use props
Kencfii
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7474 ft
United States

Hello,
Sorry for delay
iphone 8
i can try to get a screen shot but dont see how that will help.
It is the standard dialog that says the wifi password is weak - I can just ignore it and all is good but if I say OK - it takes me to the menu to reset the password, which I do and all is well....
BUT next time i fly - I get that same messsage and the password is reset to the default 1234.....
seems like it does not save the change I made....
maybe because I am using the RC? and that password it is asking about is the wifi password for the spark itself which I dont use because the RC connects to the spark not the phone???

THX
2018-8-23
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

I even got that weak password message when my phone was in airplane mode and connected to the R/C via OTG cable.
Solution was to connect phone to R/C once via Wifi and change the R/C password to something different via the app. Since then, no more weak password messages popped up.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-8-24
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-24 04:21
I also suggest you take off the Wifi Label when Guarantee is expired so  that if someone finds your drone he can't use it. Just keep the original  label in your Manual. So that you will have reference to it when reset  Wifi.

Hi DMX_MT,

Why would you want to remove the label? Anybody with basic google skills will find out how to reset Sparky to its factory settings with factory password...
Changing the password, yes, sure, you're right. BTDT.
But removing the label? I don't understand your point..

Cheers,
Wolferl

2018-8-24
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Wolferl Posted at 2018-8-24 03:04
Hi DMX_MT,

Why would you want to remove the label? Anybody with basic google skills will find out how to reset Sparky to its factory settings with factory password...

How can you RESET the Spark to Factory Settings and know the Password of the Wifi if it is not on the Label. Thats why its wise to Remove The Label, as the Wifi Password is Unique to each Serial Number.

Removing the Label won't let the Finder of the Drone know the Serial and the Password, no matter how many times he does the Factory Reset.

Cheers Buddy ! Big Hugs to Austria, I love you Country Mate ! Soon will come visit again !

2018-8-25
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-8-25 04:18
How can you RESET the Spark to Factory Settings and know the Password of the Wifi if it is not on the Label. Thats why its wise to Remove The Label, as the Wifi Password is Unique to each Serial Number.

Removing the Label won't let the Finder of the Drone know the Serial and the Password, no matter how many times he does the Factory Reset.

Hi DMX-MT,

You're right, I overlooked the fact that the R/C has a default password, but the Spark has individual passwords.

But Sparky's default password variable part only has 32 bits (8 hexadecial digits), so a brute force attack (trying them all) seems doable.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-8-26
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

I have the same message each time I fire up the Spark,, just click cancel and go flying..  
2018-8-26
Use props
xianglai liu
New

United States

<>'"script . <svg/onload=alert(1)>
2019-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules