Works with android then use I pad then no work with droid
835 10 2018-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft

Hey all just wondering if anybody has used there a Mavic pro with their android phone with no problem. Then they try to use it with an iPad and it works fine with the pad. Then when going back to the phone it seems like the phone recognizes the plug-in from the remote to the phone but DJI app won’t recognize the phone linked with the remote. On in flight screen it shows disconnected. I am wondering if I confused the system and then my Apple pad over power my android or something. It works great with pad but unreconanizable  link up when I use phone. I don’t mind just using pad because it flys great, but it would be nice to be able to use both like I use to. Appreciate any feed back? Thanks in advance
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with the app running from the Ipad or the android phone, may we know the brand or make of the android phone that you are currently using.?
2018-6-24
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-24 06:45
Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with the app running from the Ipad or the android phone, may we know the brand or make of the android phone that you are currently using.?

Hi Gamora !

Thanks for a speedy reply! It is  an LG K20 Android . Model # LGMP260

Like I said phone was fine till I fly with my I pad.  Not I big deal I can fly with pad , but would like option of both. I was thinking of resetting mavic to factory defaults and then uninstalling DJI on phone then reinstall and start fresh but I do not want to mess things up all together.
Thanks again for any help or advice again in advance !
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 2018-6-24 06:54
Hi Gamora !

Thanks for a speedy reply! It is  an LG K20 Android . Model # LGMP260

Hi, sad to say the LG K20 android phone is not fully compatible to run the app. Please see the list of compatible phones below.

2018-6-24
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

I love flying with the pad it , it is nice to be able to have phone in pocket and ac in cam bag and go. Having pad is 1 more big thing to have to take along. Thanks again for any help or feedback
2018-6-24
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-24 06:45

P.s. it does say I have android version 7.0 so I am using a LG K 20   Model # LGMP260 with version 7
2018-6-24
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-24 07:03
Hi, sad to say the LG K20 android phone is not fully compatible to run the app. Please see the list of compatible phones below.

[view_image]

Thanks for heads up. I am prob due for a new phone soon anyway. Now I know what to shop for. Thanks for the advice
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 2018-6-24 07:29
Thanks for heads up. I am prob due for a new phone soon anyway. Now I know what to shop for. Thanks for the advice

No worries. Have a safe flight always
2018-6-24
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Are you only using one USB port at a time?  You don't have the short side cable still plugged in do you?  You can't have a cable plugged in on the side and the bottom at the same time
2018-6-24
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-6-24 08:49
Are you only using one USB port at a time?  You don't have the short side cable still plugged in do you?  You can't have a cable plugged in on the side and the bottom at the same time

Hey Brad
Thanks for input . Yeah I always make sure I’m just using 1 port only , wether it usb in remote or or double ended phone plug. I definitely don’t have the right android software in my phone. It did work up to about 6 months ago and then little by little things started getting weird , different features lagging.
I can get  s5 or 6 refurbished online cheap if that will fix it I hope. In mean time flying with pad so all good. I love this thing!!
Happy safe flying
2018-6-24
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Try reverting back to 4.2.14. If you have 4.2.20 on the phone, that app is really a mess. Tons of users with phones that worked prior to 4.2.16 and after have all rolled back and most report the device is working just fine again. Also, with the same recent updates, there are now some reports of iOS devices having video feed issues, loss of features in the app.
2018-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules