2,4 Ghz
1240 10 2018-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jajaken
lvl.1
Flight distance : 866 ft

Hi,

I want to fly my drone in 2,4 Ghz but i am not able to switch from my regular 2,5 Ghz. I can change the settings and when it wants to reconnect it stays disconnected. Tried different things but nothing helps
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Choose the 1-11 Channels on FCC and 1-13 on CE Mode. From the Settings, the Custom and click on the Channel that has less Interference from the range I told you, those are all 2.4GHz.

2.412 – 2.462 GHz (unobstructed, free of interference)
FCC: 1.2 mi (2 km); CE: 0.3 mi (500 m)

5.745 – 5.825 GHz (unobstructed, free of interference)
FCC: 1.2 mi (2 km); CE: 0.18 mi (300 m)

If you have 1-13 Channels you are EC, if you have 1-11 Channels you are FCC mode. These are the 2.4GHz.

Others Channels >13 - meaning 14 / 15 / 16 are all 5.8GHz Buddy !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this won't help, do a Reset Wifi, Power on Spark and the Press the Power Button for 9 Seconds until you hear 3 Beeps.

2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi, Jajaken. What is the model of your device? Did you fly your spark with RC? I would recommend you enter the wifi setting of DJI GO 4, then tap custom and choose the lowest channel. I would recommend you turn off all the bluetooth devices. Thank you.
2018-6-24
Use props
Jajaken
lvl.1

Did all that. Nothing is on to interfere. Took channel 1 it then disconnects and everything seams fine but i won't reconnect again. I have an RC controller as well

What do you mean with the wifi setting of DJI GO 4?
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Jajaken Posted at 2018-6-24 08:00
Did all that. Nothing is on to interfere. Took channel 1 it then disconnects and everything seams fine but i won't reconnect again. I have an RC controller as well

What do you mean with the wifi setting of DJI GO 4?

The Bars indicate Wifi Interference. Choose the best channel with the Lowest Bar in Green.

Did you ever use OTG Cable ?

You can connect the Phone to the Remote via OTG, then the Remote to the Spark via 2.4GHz.

If you don't use OTG Cable, you will be most probably connection the Phone to the Remote via 2.4GHz and then the Spark to the Remote via 5.8GHz, as you are using both Wifis.

Try to use an OTG Cable, I think you will solve this.

Best Version for OTG Cable Support are 4.1.15 or 4.2.12 you can find them here -  Always Android Operating System -

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/

2018-6-24
Use props
Jajaken
lvl.1

Yes i used otg, but stopped doing that because DJI makes it more and more difficult to fly that way.
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Jajaken Posted at 2018-6-24 08:28
Yes i used otg, but stopped doing that because DJI makes it more and more difficult to fly that way.

If you live in USA you wont have problems not using OTG Cable, as both 5.8 and 2.4 are almost same Power Output.

In CE Mode, Europe and other countries you will have Problems especially when the Spark is at some Distance. Also in many countries 5.8GHz is not supported.

No OTG means the the Spark and Remote will use both 2.4 and 5.8 Wifis.

Good Luck Buddy ! Have a Nice Day !

2018-6-24
Use props
Jajaken
lvl.1

Thank you, so basically i have to fly with otg cable to fly my drone on 2,4 ghz, live in Belgium. Or maybe i have to make my spark believe it flies in the states. I really can not fly over 300 metres far. So annoying. Have a good day as well
2018-6-24
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Jajaken Posted at 2018-6-24 11:18
Thank you, so basically i have to fly with otg cable to fly my drone on 2,4 ghz, live in Belgium. Or maybe i have to make my spark believe it flies in the states. I really can not fly over 300 metres far. So annoying. Have a good day as well

Exactly. There a lot of Options available unfortunately not so Straight Forward.
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jajaken Posted at 2018-6-24 11:18
Thank you, so basically i have to fly with otg cable to fly my drone on 2,4 ghz, live in Belgium. Or maybe i have to make my spark believe it flies in the states. I really can not fly over 300 metres far. So annoying. Have a good day as well

We're sorry that the OTG cable is still not fully supported. Could you connect the RC and mobile device via WiFi to check whether the channels are changeable or not? Thank in advance!
2018-6-24
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

you can still switch to 2.4 by using version 4.1.14 (with no otg cable)on WIFI ,then update app to 4.1.15. and connect with an otg cable.
@ DJI Susan Latest versions > then 4.1.15 doesn't work to change to 2.4GHZ anymore.... So DJI must fix this
2018-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules