Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin S + Canon 24-105L F4 IS USM not supported?
2361 5 2018-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RussellPhotog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16178 ft
United States

Hello DJI Team!  

I want to buy Ronin-S but in the supported lenses list I didn't find the first version of 24-105L f4 Canon lens. Does it mean that I won't be able to focus on manual focusing settings? I'm planning to use it with Canon 5d mark III now. But later possibly with 5D4 or 1Dx Mark II, that's when I will need autofocus, so will Ronin-S work with that lens and Cameras mentioned on autofocus?  

I need to decide whether I need Ronin S or not within 2 days. I will really appreciate a prompt response.  Thank you!!!!

2018-6-24
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

The lens will work as far as balancing on the wide end as it is lighter then the 24-70 f2.8
Not sure on the tele end.
The focus weel is as far as i know only compatible with Panasonic cameras.
Still no proper Canon support as far as i can see. Some of the DJI videos shows a USB connection to a Canon camera. Hopefully future firmware updates will add more support.
2018-6-24
Use props
Jq4209
lvl.3
United States

I mounted the 24-105 to several camera models, and I’ve noticed as long as the focal length stays less than 70 there isn’t a problem. Past this, the gimbal tilt motor starts to lowly tilt downward. Most moving recordings are typicallly done at 50mm or less (wider focal length tends to be better for image stabilization), so this shouldn’t be an issue.
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

It sounds like you have Push Tilt turned on. If your camera isn't balanced as you say with the lens protruding, the gimbal will think you're exerting force on the tilt axis and that's why it's dropping.
2018-6-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jq4209, the post in 4# is from our R&D engineers, please refer to his post and let us know if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-6-25
Use props
RussellPhotog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16178 ft
China

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-25 00:45
Jq4209, the post in 4# is from our R&D engineers, please refer to his post and let us know if the issue persists, thank you.

Doesn't look like you've read my question. I didn't say I have issues, I don't have a product yet. I wanted to know if I would be able to focus using the gimbal. But looks like it hasn't been fixed yet so I went for a Crane 2. Thank you anyways.
2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules