will mavic air EVER support USB-C charging?
2208 4 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Njw83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89767 ft
United Kingdom

I've had the Mavic, loved it but a bit too big and expensive for what I wanted. I've now got a spark and love it.

I'd buy the Mavic Air but for one major fail in its feature line up.... USB charging from a power pack.

I love this feature on the spark as I can throw it in my bag while I'm walking and it will top itself up between shots.
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the inquiry. As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Air does not support USB-C charging. I will send this inquiry to our DJI Engineers for future development on the product.
2018-6-25
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89767 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks.

I wont hold my breath. But it seems a massive fail to have not allowed this for such a small, compact travel drone, it almost seems a no brainer.
2018-6-25
Use props
Ridg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

Njw83 Posted at 2018-6-25 07:18
Thanks.

I wont hold my breath. But it seems a massive fail to have not allowed this for such a small, compact travel drone, it almost seems a no brainer.

This subject has been done to death already (please use the search next time)!

It's quite clear that the MA doesn't support charging via USB, the spark does and that one of it's unique selling points; yes it would be nice if the MA supported it but it would also be nice if it had occusync.

It's unlikely the MA will ever support USB charge so please stop posting the same questions.

As a footnote you can readily get power packs with 2 or 3 pin plugs so you could charge via that or using a 12v solution
2018-6-25
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd just be happy if they would support it not being possessed by evil spirits after an update.
2018-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules