Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI sending repairs to INFO COMM, Texas Repair Center
12Next >
12327 53 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ethankailey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4514 ft
United States

Thought I share this tid bit of information while I'm waiting for my repair on Mavic Air PRO.

Several weeks ago, when I requested a repair due to "potential" malfunctioning of Obtsacle Avoidance, thus crashing into a tree, I received a return label addressed to a DJI facility in Texas.  Since I'm only away 10 minute drive to the DJI US Loc. in Cerritos, I called immediately to see if I could send it to their address instead.  Rep stated that all Mavic and Spark's repairs were handled by their location in Texas instead.

After googling the DJI Texas location from the return label, and a help from a fellow poster (Brad Bilger), we found it to be a INFO COMM which handles most of the ASUS repairs.  

On the phone with the manager from DJI Tech support hotline (Name: John, Station Number NA665).
I specifically asked if the location that I've sent my drone for repair  was owned by DJI and was told repeatedly that DJI downright owned the  facility.  All Mavic and Spark issues/repairs are sent to this address due to the number of repair requests they receive everyday with these models.  

Since I wanted to know the whereabout my $1k drone is, and mainly who is conducting the repair, I decided to call INFO COMM directly ((972) 906-7800).  Interestingly enough, I was told that DJI does not own INFO COMM but do have a "small room"  towards the back of the building that does all it's repairs.  This explains why INFO COMM is hiring for DJI Repair Technicians for it's location.  https://www.jobs.net/jobs/sms-in ... 3V4X772TZ8C4P2PPK6/

In the grand scheme of things, I don't have to explain to you good people about the ramification of DJI sending our drones to a subcontracted repair center.  To be brief, we will get stuck with higher repair bills, highly percentage of denied warranty repairs, to start with.  

As I wait for the finalized outcome of my case  CAS-1874338-S1G9V3, I have a feeling that  I'm going to receive some bad news and inflated repair cost if not covered by the warranty.

(By the way, I hate being lied to...)

2018-6-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

All Mavic and Spark issues/repairs are sent to this address due to the number of repair requests they receive everyday with these models.

Has it always been this way?  Or is this something as of recent?
2018-6-25
Use props
JERRY K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 308327 ft
United States

All airs go to this location- My drone was rotating to the right on descent so I sent it in. They sent me back a new air along with a new rc-- They were great!!
2018-6-25
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Color me pink, DJI lied to a customer? Really?

Sarcasm aside, this doesn't surprise me one bit, considering a displayed lack of communication and ethics when it comes to disclosing the faults in their products and support.

Will keep my fingers crossed that you don't get shafted (so to speak) and get things resolved satisfactorily!
2018-6-25
Use props
3-D
Captain
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

My MA also had to go to TX  to their repair facility.  There was never any question that DJI doesn't own the facility.  It's not even listed on their Service Center Page.  It is not listed as either a Recommended Service Center, or the Authorized Service Center.  However, because I am following the DJI process, and have documented each step in the process, I'm confident that I'll either get my aircraft back or the cost of it.  Even if I have to make a little noise.

Good luck with your repair.  I hope you don't have any problems.
It seems that they have already done the assessment and you are waiting for the quote.  Again, good luck!
2018-6-25
Use props
marklyn59
First Officer
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

My last and very recent repair was sent to this location (Grapevine, Tx) and instead of a repair I received a "R" (refurbished) drone back.  It has done one glitchy thing since I got it back but nothing I can prove had anything to do with a former repair/refurb of the drone I got. I've only been able to fly it once but intend to fly it several more times very soon in case there are other issues.
All that aside, if the repair facility is now owned/manned or QC'd by DJI staff then I would not like that at all.  The financial investment we all chose to pay instead of purchasing a more inexpensive drone should dictate that only DJI techs touch my drone in any way.  Very concerning to me and I will definitely keep tabs on this thread.
2018-6-25
Use props
3-D
Captain
  • >>>
United States

marklyn59 Posted at 2018-6-25 11:43
My last and very recent repair was sent to this location (Grapevine, Tx) and instead of a repair I received a "R" (refurbished) drone back.  It has done one glitchy thing since I got it back but nothing I can prove had anything to do with a former repair/refurb of the drone I got. I've only been able to fly it once but intend to fly it several more times very soon in case there are other issues.
All that aside, if the repair facility is now owned/manned or QC'd by DJI staff then I would not like that at all.  The financial investment we all chose to pay instead of purchasing a more inexpensive drone should dictate that only DJI techs touch my drone in any way.  Very concerning to me and I will definitely keep tabs on this thread.

it doesn't look like they are DJI employees.  Just take a look at the job description.

And receiving an R- instead of my original is probably my biggest fear with this process.
2018-6-25
Use props
ethankailey
lvl.1

marklyn59 Posted at 2018-6-25 11:43
My last and very recent repair was sent to this location (Grapevine, Tx) and instead of a repair I received a "R" (refurbished) drone back.  It has done one glitchy thing since I got it back but nothing I can prove had anything to do with a former repair/refurb of the drone I got. I've only been able to fly it once but intend to fly it several more times very soon in case there are other issues.
All that aside, if the repair facility is now owned/manned or QC'd by DJI staff then I would not like that at all.  The financial investment we all chose to pay instead of purchasing a more inexpensive drone should dictate that only DJI techs touch my drone in any way.  Very concerning to me and I will definitely keep tabs on this thread.

INFO COMM is hiring.

Tech - L1 Drone Repair
at SMS InfoComm Corporation

Job Description

Summary

Technician manually diagnoses issues with electronic devices. Position accurately diagnoses and troubleshoots device issues and makes necessary repairs.

Our drone being fixed by Level 1 Repair tech.  Anyone that can use a screwdriver is a Level 1 tech.
Qualifications

Education and/or Experience

Must be high school graduate or equivalent.
    A+ certification is needed.
    Unmanned aircraft experience preferred.
    Basic computer skills are necessary.
2018-6-25
Use props
ethankailey
lvl.1

Just got the repair bill from DJI for failure of Obstacle Avoidance  and crashing into a tree.

$403 repair bill for my Mavic Pro.  

Item         Quantity         Unit Price(USD)         Total Price(USD)
Mavic Intelligent Flight Battery (20)         1         89.00         89.00
Middle Frame Module         1         4.00         4.00
Rear Right Motor Arm         1         19.00         19.00
Gimbal Arm Module         1         59.00         59.00
Upper Cover         1         1.00         1.00
Gimbal and Camera Module         1         101.00         101.00
Repair Service Fee         2         65.00/H         130.00
Freight:                         0.00
Total Amount:                         403.00
DJI Care deduction:                         0.00
Total Payment:                         403.00

So basically, I'd be better off just buying another drone since for $403, I'll probably get a refurbished drone back without the remote, obviously.
2018-6-25
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

ethankailey Posted at 2018-6-25 11:52
INFO COMM is hiring.

Tech - L1 Drone Repair

OMG...

See, THIS is why I don't trust DJI to touch my drone! Being in the IT industry, I know the type they hire to do the job, and I would NEVER trust my drone after getting it back from "repairs", and would demand new instead!
2018-6-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

JERRY K Posted at 2018-6-25 10:27
All airs go to this location- My drone was rotating to the right on descent so I sent it in. They sent me back a new air along with a new rc-- They were great!!

That is good to hear.
2018-6-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

ethankailey Posted at 2018-6-25 11:52
INFO COMM is hiring.

Tech - L1 Drone Repair

Based on ''Repair Service Fee'' of 65.00/H from your Bill, must be a low paying Tech job.
2018-6-25
Use props
3-D
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-25 12:06
Based on ''Repair Service Fee'' of 65.00/H from your Bill, must be a low paying Tech job.

and based on this bill, My upcoming bill should be around $200
2018-6-25
Use props
3-D
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ethankailey Posted at 2018-6-25 11:57
Just got the repair bill from DJI for failure of Obstacle Avoidance  and crashing into a tree.

based on this, if you actually pay that $403, you'll probably get a refurb anyway!
2018-6-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ethankailey Posted at 2018-6-25 11:57

So ok , you broke gimbal and camera $101. Battery $89. One of the motor arms $19. Gimbal arm module $59 . Some other small parts and two hours labor .
You crashed your drone, maybe you might explain where you were over charged. You did have another thread explaining that crash was not your fault, many tried to help but you refused to put up your logs.
I believe your logs may have shown , that you had a case for warranty, but how can anyone help here.

I sent an iPhone 7 to Apple repair centre here in Ireland two months out of warranty cost battery €125 plus labour cost €92 , should have sent it in before warranty was up, my fault suck it up, if dji send you a repaired or new drone or refurbished it will still be under warranty. If you want to discuss refurbished drones talk to sparkbird , he will tell you how good they are.
2018-6-25
Use props
ethankailey
lvl.1

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-25 12:29
So ok , you broke gimbal and camera $101. Battery $89. One of the motor arms $19. Gimbal arm module $59 . Some other small parts and two hours labor .
You crashed your drone, maybe you might explain where you were over charged. You did have another thread explaining that crash was not your fault, many tried to help but you refused to put up your logs.
I believe your logs may have shown , that you had a case for warranty, but how can anyone help here.

Reason I didn't post the log is because I didn't save the file before I sent it in.  Once I get it back, I will post it.  
2018-6-25
Use props
HyLenz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

My mavic pro went to Texas and i got a new one, not refurbished, back in about a week and i had no warranty. The quote was for $230 for a couple broken arms and camera/gimbal assembly, which i gladly paid as Drone Nerds wanted $700+ for the same work, and the parts in the quote were the same. I was completely satisfied with the way DJI Texas handled the repair and could care less who actually owns the shop. As far as inexperienced techs working on your drone, i never gave it a second thought. It would have to come back fixed or replaced no matter who worked on it.
2018-6-25
Use props
3-D
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HyLenz Posted at 2018-6-25 12:48
My mavic pro went to Texas and i got a new one, not refurbished, back in about a week and i had no warranty. The quote was for $230 for a couple broken arms and camera/gimbal assembly, which i gladly paid as Drone Nerds wanted $700+ for the same work, and the parts in the quote were the same. I was completely satisfied with the way DJI Texas handled the repair and could care less who actually owns the shop. As far as inexperienced techs working on your drone, i never gave it a second thought. It would have to come back fixed or replaced no matter who worked on it.

I'm in agreement with this.  Fixed is fixed.  Replaced is replaced.  
As a twenty-something kid, I was responsible for a multi-million dollar data center.  I was making $13/hr.

So the cost of the labor force doesn't matter to me.
The only thing that matters to me is the aircraft.  If it comes back fixed, I won't have anything to complain about.  If it comes back not fixed, I'm going to let them know about it.

My problem is the lack of transparency.  Why try to deceive?  Why not just say it's a repair facility?  DJI is handling the repair, so they should just say what it is.  

As far as them using other facilities causing the prices to go up, I will have to disagree.  In most cases, outsourcing tech work like this lowers the cost.  (at least to the company)
2018-6-25
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

ethankailey Posted at 2018-6-25 12:46
Reason I didn't post the log is because I didn't save the file before I sent it in.  Once I get it back, I will post it.

The flightrecord is on your mobile device. Did you send that in too?
2018-6-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

HyLenz Posted at 2018-6-25 12:48
My mavic pro went to Texas and i got a new one, not refurbished, back in about a week and i had no warranty. The quote was for $230 for a couple broken arms and camera/gimbal assembly, which i gladly paid as Drone Nerds wanted $700+ for the same work, and the parts in the quote were the same. I was completely satisfied with the way DJI Texas handled the repair and could care less who actually owns the shop. As far as inexperienced techs working on your drone, i never gave it a second thought. It would have to come back fixed or replaced no matter who worked on it.

It would have to come back fixed or replaced no matter who worked on it.

True.  But there are those Techs who put all screws back, don't use 450 Ft-Lb impact wrench on 1/2" grade B nuts, and run Q.A. tests before checking boxes.  
2018-6-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-25 13:00
I'm in agreement with this.  Fixed is fixed.  Replaced is replaced.  
As a twenty-something kid, I was responsible for a multi-million dollar data center.  I was making $13/hr.

As a twenty-something kid, I was responsible for a multi-million dollar data center.

Man you got a really good memory!   I didn't know they had Data Center's that many decades ago  
2018-6-25
Use props
HyLenz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-25 13:56
It would have to come back fixed or replaced no matter who worked on it.

True.  But there are those Techs who put all screws back, don't use 450 Ft-Lb impact wrench on 1/2" grade B nuts, and run Q.A. tests before checking boxes.

...and you will find there are some techs that do poor quality work in any workforce, no matter who's name is on the product or who owns the shop.

In the end, if there is continuous incompetence among the workforce, it will bubble to the top and the manufacturer will not last in market. With 70-80% market share, I don't think this is the case for DJI.
2018-6-25
Use props
ethankailey
lvl.1
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-25 13:05
The flightrecord is on your mobile device. Did you send that in too?

I just got hit with $400 repair bill so I ask for some decency and no insults are needed.

I work with group of volunteer in my spare time that works with handicapped kids and we use either the DJI Osmo or the Mavic time to time to use the drone to film with their accomplishments in sports.  I'm not an avid flyer with thousands of logged miles filming those beautiful scenery like many,  so my knowledge might not be the likes of you.

Reason I said I would share the log once I get back the Mavic is because it's my stupidity in believing the company such as DJI would do the right thing.   But instead, my drone is sent to a facility in Texas, which DJI states that it owns, pulls data from month prior to the actual incident and says it cannot honor the warranty since the log shows previous crash???   

Oh and for the sake of argument, iphone that was used and linked with the Mavic is in Paris (my wife).  She's helping out with autistic kids to visit Pompidou Center.   Right now, I'd feel stupid asking for the log from her phone so I can post it on a public forum.  She has better things to there.

So I appreciate your help, but no need of insults.  I get plenty of that from my kids.

2018-6-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

ethankailey Posted at 2018-6-25 14:09
I just got hit with $400 repair bill so I ask for some decency and no insults are needed.

I work with group of volunteer in my spare time that works with handicapped kids and we use either the DJI Osmo or the Mavic time to time to use the drone to film with their accomplishments in sports.  I'm not an avid flyer with thousands of logged miles filming those beautiful scenery like many,  so my knowledge might not be the likes of you.

After seeing tacky remark, and watching what a few did when someone else was baited into posting his/her log; I would not bother posting your FlightLog.
2018-6-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ethankailey Posted at 2018-6-25 12:46
Reason I didn't post the log is because I didn't save the file before I sent it in.  Once I get it back, I will post it.

Look I don’t know what happened to your drone, neither does anyone on this thread, but the cost that has been itemized, seems very fair to me, yes you could add to it and buy a new one it’s your prerogative.
But we seem to have the usual thing going on in your thread now, that without knowing what happened , there are some quick to make judgement and not knowing how it’s going to be repaired more judgements.
I believe because dji will be continuing your warranty, they must have a standard in place and particularly with drones , that your drone will be either repaired to a high standard or you will receive a refurbished as new drone.
Anyone who tries to degrade people working for whatever rate, has a very low opinion of working class people.
2018-6-25
Use props
ethankailey
lvl.1
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-25 10:59
Color me pink, DJI lied to a customer? Really?

Sarcasm aside, this doesn't surprise me one bit, considering a displayed lack of communication and ethics when it comes to disclosing the faults in their products and support.

Thanks for the kind words.  I run a company that believes in ethics and used to do business with shake of a hand.  I worked my butt off for years building my business with credibility and honesty.  Last month, we took a $15K hit on a order where we miscalculated the production time and had to fly components from overseas by AIR to keep our promise and the deadline.    We stand behind our products and the promises that we make are good as gold.   You don't sustain the success of it's company based on lies.  

2018-6-25
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Canada

ethankailey Posted at 2018-6-25 14:41
Thanks for the kind words.  I run a company that believes in ethics and used to do business with shake of a hand.  I worked my butt off for years building my business with credibility and honesty.  Last month, we took a $15K hit on a order where we miscalculated the production time and had to fly components from overseas by AIR to keep our promise and the deadline.    We stand behind our products and the promises that we make are good as gold.   You don't sustain the success of it's company based on lies.

Very true, and it's a method of doing business I was raised with my whole life and abide by as much as humanly possible in this day and age of making quick bucks and sh__ting on the little guy if needed.

Pay no attention to those here posting insults or snarky commentary towards you.

Keep your chin up, ignore the haters, and keep on fighting the good fight!
2018-6-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JERRY K Posted at 2018-6-25 10:27
All airs go to this location- My drone was rotating to the right on descent so I sent it in. They sent me back a new air along with a new rc-- They were great!!

Yes it was and if others sent there’s in just like you did they would be happily flying them now.
Good job.
2018-6-25
Use props
3-D
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-25 14:02
As a twenty-something kid, I was responsible for a multi-million dollar data center.

Man you got a really good memory!   I didn't know they had Data Center's that many decades ago

haha!  you got jokes!

But there are a few things that are seared into my memory.  Like the time i had to sit on the floor and make Cat5 cables for 200 machines because they wanted custom length cables.  Like the time i didn't really think the red button at the door would ACTUALLY shut the place down.  You know..  little things.  
2018-6-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-25 16:23
haha!  you got jokes!

But there are a few things that are seared into my memory.  Like the time i had to sit on the floor and make Cat5 cables for 200 machines because they wanted custom length cables.  Like the time i didn't really think the red button at the door would ACTUALLY shut the place down.  You know..  little things.

Never had to make Cat5 cables up at work.  But early in my career I got roped into making some very specialized jumpers.  Had to do soldering under a Stero-microscope and maintain twist per inch of wire pairs.  Bad language abound..
Have you used the no pre-trimming Cat5 & Cat6 push through connectors?  So sweet!
2018-6-25
Use props
3-D
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ethankailey Posted at 2018-6-25 14:09

Dude.  It's unfortunate that things seem to often take a turn like that, but Just as Edison says,

Keep your head up.  Keep your ethics in tact, and stand for what you believe.  If you feel like you are entitled to warranty repair, then you fight for it.  No matter what anyone in here says.  (self included)

The fact is that nobody in here was with you when you crashed.  Only you know what happened.  There is no need to post your logs.  There is nothing that anyone here can do that is going to change what DJI has already seen/done. Outside of the Admins, we are a bunch of pilots that can read the logs, and tell you what we think happened.  Nothing that WE say carries any weight with DJI.
2018-6-25
Use props
3-D
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-25 16:32
Never had to make Cat5 cables up at work.  But early in my career I got roped into making some very specialized jumpers.  Had to do soldering under a 2D microscope and maintain twist per inch of wire pairs.  Bad language abound..
Have you used the no pre-trimming Cat5 & Cat6 push through connectors?  So sweet!

i've seen them, but haven't used them myself.  I stopped making cables.  I've got those eager juniors to do that stuff now.  
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi ethankailey, sorry for the crash accident and the confusion about the repair center, there are two official repair centers currently in the Noth America in order to shorten the repair time frame and improve customer's experience, they all belong to DJI and the after-sales services are the same, no worries about that.

For your case, our repair center has analyzed the flight log and no product malfunction was found.
1. Unit took off with normal GPS signal, unit was responsive.
2. At t=273s, user triggered RTH, unit was 36.93m away from home location.
3. At t=285s, unit initiated auto landing, Obstacle avoidance is disabled in auto landing.
4. At t=308s, unit clipped tree in the air during auto landing and fell.
Pre-set RTH height/ go_home: 30m
Force impact date: 2018-05-12
Conclusion: User was not familiar with RTH logic. Hazardous flight environment. Thanks for your understanding, if you have any questions about that, please keep us posted.

2018-6-25
Use props
ethankailey
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-25 23:19
Hi ethankailey, sorry for the crash accident and the confusion about the repair center, there are two official repair centers currently in the Noth America in order to shorten the repair time frame and improve customer's experience, they all belong to DJI and the after-sales services are the same, no worries about that.

For your case, our repair center has analyzed the flight log and no product malfunction was found.

DJI Mindy,

First of all, I did not authorize you to post of any pictures from my files in a public forum.   IF I WANTED TO POST IT, I WOULD DO IT MYSELF.  Posting a personal flight information and pictures are not your right and you have just violated and breached consumer confidentiality to a new low.  It might serve well in China, but this is U.S., last time I checked.  If you feel that the report is relevant to my case, you could've sent it to as PM.

Second of all, this is a picture/flight log is from May 12th flight, where it did clip a tree but landed safely without any damages to the drone.    Lucky for me, my good neighbor, a RETIRED CAPTAIN OF POLICE in my city, witnessed the whole incident.  If you would like a statement from him, please let me know.

Most of all, I've stated this time after time, even with the supervisor (Ms. Safa, Desk ID NA520) that the incident of non working Obstacle Avoidance and crash happened on June 7th, which I'm sure the tech had chance to review.  But, instead of addressing the files from the mentioned June 7th crash, I'm told that DJI cannot honor the warranty due to the log from May 12?  If the drone sustained any noticeable damages that prohibited a proper function to fly in a safe manner in June 7th, it would definitely have shown on the June 7th use of the drone's file/log of malfunction error.

I have two beautiful kids and time to time, they test the extent of their honesty by twisting the facts to get themselves out of trouble.  I'm going to tell you same thing that I tell my kids...  "STOP".

As Administrator of this Forum, and hired employee of DJI, you are given a specific role and the words you write on the forum can also be accountable for.

To go further,

#1.  Nothing about the repair center in SMS INFO COMM was made "official" as you state.   
https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers  (Only Official DJI Repair Center is in Cerritos, CA)  There are no mention of "OFFICIAL" Repair Center listed on DJI site about a location in Texas.

#2.  You state that the "OFFICIAL Repair Center" are "ALL BELONG TO DJI".   SMS INFO COMM addressed at 4051 North Hwy 121, Suite 100, Grapevine, TX 76051, where I was instructed to send my Mavic Air Pro is not owned by DJI.  

#3.  You state, "to shorten the repair time frame and improve customer's experience, they all belong to DJI", but in contradiction, rather than improving "Customer's Experiences", transparency of your honesty and the DJI can be clearly seen here.

So finally, what's your real angle for your presence here by posting an incident from non-relevant May 12th log file instead of June 7th log and continuing with informing the public with the wrong and falsifying information about the "OFFICIAL" repair center owned by DJI.

If I were you, I'd get the admin of the DJI website to make few changes about the "Official" repair centers in U.S.   Anyone here is welcome to call SMS Info COMM @972-906-7800 to see if in fact is owned by DJI.  SMS Info Comm that does most of the repair for ASUS is NOT owned by DJI.

DJI Mindy, I would ask cordially that you choose your next words to post very carefully so it doesn't continue to lose your integrity and honesty.

2018-6-26
Use props
ethankailey
lvl.1
United States

I'm currently on the phone with the DJI about the incident above.

While I'm waiting patiently on the phone, I had a chance to go over the posts and want to take my time to clarify for any misunderstandings.

#1.  I've never posted degrading the tech for low paying job.
#2.  Yes, as a consumer, you deserve the transparency of how and where your drone is being fixed and by whom.
#3.  Yes, as a consumer, you deserve the factual statement from the company you choose to deal with.
#4.  and most of all, stop being a fanboy looking for scraps from the table.  Do some justice.
#5.  Yes, it does matter if DJI is sending your drone to a different facility than the listed DJI's own repair facility.   Most will lose their leverage when dealing with off-site repair centers eventually.  Off-site repair center will be harder to deal with since they can't foot the bill for the repairs.  Algorithms of company infrastructure on repair bills will be much different coming from off-site repair centers.

While I'm writing this, Supervisor "Russ" (Desk ID NA 420) just informed me that the repair on my drone (which is at SMS Info Comm) will not be a warranty fix due to the fact that they found a log of "crash" on May 12th, which Mindy posted above (without my consent).  He states that malfunctioning of Obstacle Avoidance which caused the crash to a tree on June 7th was the result of the "crash" that took place on May 12th.   Furthermore, he cannot remove my private information from the public forum.  

Just to clarify again, I've asked my call to be transferred to US office in Cerritos instead of the DJI call center in INDIA but the request was denied.    It's a hard lesson to learn that DJI, a multi billion dollar company HQ'ed in China doesn't have any customer relations department in U.S.   All calls are monitored and forwarded to call centers in India with limited access and ability to make any decisions in favor of the consumers.  This is why there are so many complaints about DJI's customer support.  

DJI will find anyways to void out the warranty.  This is the result of dealing with off-site repair center and off-site call centers/phone tech support outside U.S.  
2018-6-26
Use props
ethankailey
lvl.1

Additional Information about the DJI Customer Support for U.S.

#1.  No matter which prompt you select from the DJI Cerritos US number, you will be re-directed to a call center in India that is hired by DJI  as a after sales tech services.  Call support center is not directly owned by DJI but works as a middleman as stated (and recorded conversation) with DJI supervisor Josh (Desk ID 686).

#2.  There are no direct phone supports on the corporate level.

#3.  There are no direct line for the Customers Relations Department.

Whatever your case maybe, the final decisions are based from the supervisors who works as a middleman for DJI.  Which means they have option to exercise maximum of 10% discount on your service if you do contest their repair fees.  

So basically this is how a Chinese company operate.  Instead of hiring direct support with staff located in U.S., they outsource to the lowest bidder (India) to take care of the issues, should it arise.    All powers to them if they can squeeze out $$$ in the expensive of the buyers purchasing experiences, but some day, just some day, people will start to catch how shady and unethical DJI's operation ways.   When the next better product comes out from it's competitors, we as buyer will not be "Brand Loyal" and move on.  

DJI has agreed to remove my personal files from the forum thread within 24 hours, which was posted by DJI Mindy.  Also, from speaking with the Supervisor this afternoon, they are very aware of my post here and now have "rephrased" from stating that they own SMS Info Comm.   They now address the Texas located repair facility as an "Authorized" repair center for DJI and admits that it does not own SMS Info Comm located in Grapevine, Texas.  Glad I have recordings from my other calls should they admit otherwise.

It's a start...

2018-6-26
Use props
Mafia16
Captain
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

i notice that too
2018-6-27
Use props
ethankailey
lvl.1
United States

Both DJI and I could not come to an amicable agreement,so I opted to have my drone sent back.  By the way, they never did assess the log and analyze the data from the June 7th Crash.  

WORD OF ADVISE.  IF YOU ARE SENDING IN YOUR DRONE FOR REPAIR UNDER WARRANTY, MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL THE FILES PRIOR TO THE EVENT.    If not, they will use the other log to find a ways to make a relevant case out of it stating the cause of the recent crash is due to the user error on previous flights.  At the end, they WILL void the warranty.   Welcome to dealing with an appointed repair company by DJI.

2018-6-28
Use props
ethankailey
lvl.1
United States

So basically this is how it works.

DJI (Corporate located in China) = DJI U.S. Sales (Cerritos, CA) =DJI U.S. Tech Support in India (NOT owned by DJI but a middlemen company)= authorized repair center in Texas (SMS Info Comm).

So all the Cary, Larry, Russ, and Mike you talk on the phone from 1-818-xxx-xxxx Tech Support are trained by DJI located in India that cannot make any decisions.    This is why DJI gets so much negative publicity when it comes to customer support.

2018-6-28
Use props
TmacDaddy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 850 ft
United States

ethankailey Posted at 2018-6-26 09:51
I'm currently on the phone with the DJI about the incident above.

While I'm waiting patiently on the phone, I had a chance to go over the posts and want to take my time to clarify for any misunderstandings.

How is the run around time on repairs?
2018-10-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules