Z mount thingy
1369 9 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phil H
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ooooh, I almost forgot about this but the forums seems to be fully of genuinely knowledgeable / helpful folks so;

I purchased one of those Z-axis extension arms in an attempt to make my Osmo motion stuff more stable.  Foolishly in hindsight I did not full test it on arrival.

I connected it and practised walking with it, without actually switching the unit on.  Some weeks later, at a point that I actually wanted to make use of it I tried and it is completely dead.  Disconnecting the Z-axis restores the Osmo itself to life but it will not work with it attached.

Has anyone else suffered similar issues and if so how did you resolve them please?

Connections all appear to be intact and clean and I have now tried reconnecting 8-10 times.
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi there. We apologize if you're having some issues right now. Just to confirm, are you using just an Osmo? Or is it Osmo plus, Osmo mobile?
2018-6-25
Use props
Phil H
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-25 09:12
Hi there. We apologize if you're having some issues right now. Just to confirm, are you using just an Osmo? Or is it Osmo plus, Osmo mobile?

hi Wanda
It is just the original Osmo from about 1-2 years ago.  
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Phil H Posted at 2018-6-25 10:01
hi Wanda
It is just the original Osmo from about 1-2 years ago.

Do you mean when you're using the Z-Axis it will shut down your Osmo automatically and it'll get back the power if you will remove the accessory?
2018-6-25
Use props
DDutchie
lvl.1
Netherlands

Could be a connection point which could be loose. Z-axis stabilizer could have a defect. Could be a serious problem i guess.

Z-axis quick start guide

2018-6-25
Use props
Phil H
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-25 10:29
Do you mean when you're using the Z-Axis it will shut down your Osmo automatically and it'll get back the power if you will remove the accessory?

hi Tony,
In effect yes although of course I switch off the Osmo prior to connecting the Z-axis attachment so, technically (just in case it matters rather than me being pedantic) the Osmo will not then do anything when switched on, the gimbal does not function at all.
Switching off, removing the Z-axis, and switching on the Osmo again restores power to the gimbal.
2018-6-25
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Phil H Posted at 2018-6-25 15:30
hi Tony,
In effect yes although of course I switch off the Osmo prior to connecting the Z-axis attachment so, technically (just in case it matters rather than me being pedantic) the Osmo will not then do anything when switched on, the gimbal does not function at all.
Switching off, removing the Z-axis, and switching on the Osmo again restores power to the gimbal.

Hi, will the osmo power on at all while on the z-axsis?, eg, will the 'system status indicator' and the 'camera status indicator' show any leds lit up?
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Phil H Posted at 2018-6-25 15:30
hi Tony,
In effect yes although of course I switch off the Osmo prior to connecting the Z-axis attachment so, technically (just in case it matters rather than me being pedantic) the Osmo will not then do anything when switched on, the gimbal does not function at all.
Switching off, removing the Z-axis, and switching on the Osmo again restores power to the gimbal.

Hi, thanks for the reply, do you see any indicator light when you're using the Osmo? Please provide the firmware and DJI Go version.
2018-6-26
Use props
Phil H
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-26 08:05
Hi, thanks for the reply, do you see any indicator light when you're using the Osmo? Please provide the firmware and DJI Go version.

hi again and apologies for the delay - work got in the way.

I had to retry the thing in order to note whether lights function etc.  I can confirm that whether the Z-axis is attached or not, the lights do actually come on as normal.  There is simply no "life" in the arm.
2018-6-27
Use props
Phil H
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2018-6-25 15:51
Hi, will the osmo power on at all while on the z-axsis?, eg, will the 'system status indicator' and the 'camera status indicator' show any leds lit up?

hi Nigel,  
Many thanks for taking an interest.  I can confirm that the two lights on the Osmo itself do come on whether or not the Z-axis  is attached.
There is simply no life in the arm / the camera head cannot be controlled via the stick end.
2018-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules