Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P HDMI Module not compatible with iPad.
816 6 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneBees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6698159 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Quick recap of the situation.

P4P Unmodified (most recent firmware as of june 25/2018)
iPaid Air 2 (most recent iOS and DJI GO 4)

1) Installed HDMI module in P4P remote (January 2018)
2) It wouldn't work properly.  According to support at the time it was an incompatible version of iOS that was the fault. -waited a few weeks-
3) Update to DJI GO 4 and the problem seemed to go away. HDMI module was working as expected.
4) Drone went into storage for the winter.
5) Last week (Mid June 2018) I attempted to use the HDMI port again and it seemed to work during initial test.
6) Tested again and every time the HDMI was plugged in, the video was very unreliable.
7) HDMI stopped working completely.  If anything was plugged in, there would be no video in the DJI GO app. or the HDMI.  The screen would go black occasionally as if it was attempting video.  

**This is where I assumed that the HDMI module was not working properly and contacted support**
-support wanted me to send the whole drone/remote/etc.  I didn't want to be without the drone for that long because of a faulty HDMI module.
-support agreed to let me ship back the HDMI module for assessment.

Here has what has happened since.  (I had a job I had to film on the weekend so I had to ignore the HDMI module and just get the drone working like it was stock)

8) Camera refused to go into 4096 x 2160 mode. The camera would go blank and then reset to whatever the previous mode was.
9) Used an Android tablet and it solved the camera mode problem. Android version will set the camera to 4096 x 2160 .. .iPad will NOT.
10) Magically, when the Android tablet is used to select the camera mode, the HDMI starts working!

The set up is not ideal.  I now have to start everything using Android, get the HDMI working and the camera mode selected and then switch tablets to the iPad because of the lower latency and more stable app.  (also other iOS only apps)

Are these known bugs?  Is the HDMI module and camera mode not supported by iOS for some reason?
I can make each bug happen consistently by using iOS first.  
If the drone is set up using Android first it seems to work as expected.

2018-6-25
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Does anyone read these forums?  I Have been trying for a few days but admins don't respond to PMs and nobody is chiming in here. Email to support 48hrs ago with no response.  
2018-6-27
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

It has been more than a month and still no answer from support email or on the forum.  
2018-8-7
Use props
Anokadrone
Captain
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

DroneBees, I can understand your frustration.   The technology is new and the system is buggy and most bugs are minor irritants and some are not so minor.  This forum and a couple of others are full of reports of buggy behavior on occasion.   For the most part, the system works as intended but there are many exceptions as you have found.  In your case of issues , the only way to know for sure is to send the whole works back to DJI and have them diagnose to see if there is a hardware problem.  I think the problem is that you presented a complicated series of bugs that cannot be addressed here.   You might get a better response if you break it down to one problem at a time.  

p.s. I consider the whole drone business to be in "Beta"  DJI is considered to have the most advanced technology available to the consumer market.  
2018-8-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That’s why DJI have 75% of the world drone market share...

Numero uno.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not so sure its the craft if it works ok with the more superior android os ;)
It may be the app has outgrown the 2gb ram thats in the Air 2?? i dont know anything about apple, im a samsung chap for the most part
2018-8-7
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Here's a video of the problem / fix.

2019-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now