Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI go4 create fake drones on the app
810 12 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gyro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 564039 ft
  • >>>

Hello forum members,

I like to addres an issue that is hunting me some months now (sorry for the grammar)
During the initialisation starting the app, starting the remote, starting the drone in a predefined order it sometimes happen that the drne is not recognised.
This is resulting in the GO4 app creating a new drone in the app naming it "Lower_version_boardnum".
This is hapening a lot of times, restart is sometimes solving the problem.
Every time this issue is happening it creates a new drone in my GO4 app.
So, now i have  almoast an unoverseable amount of fake drones that it becomes hard to find the right one.
The issue is not realy a problrm if it was posible to remove the fake drones on my GO4 app.
Sadely, the "delete kea" is not there.
Is somone having the same issue?
If yes then can you help?
if yes I will be in your debt forever.

Gyro
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi and thank you so much for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you have some issues with the DJI Go 4 app. May i ask for a screenshot of the above mentioned "fake drones". We are here to help.
2018-6-25
Use props
Gyro
lvl.1
  • >>>

Thank you for the fast sesponce, i hope the picture is showing
2018-6-25
Use props
Gyro
lvl.1
  • >>>

Gyro Posted at 2018-6-25 11:09
[view_image]
Thank you for the fast sesponce, i hope the picture is showing

sorry, dont know how to post pictures here
2018-6-25
Use props
Gyro
lvl.1
  • >>>

found it :-)

2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize if you're having some issues with your app right now. Did you try to reinstall the app? May I know what exact model of iPad are you using?
2018-6-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

That looks like your flight records.  Is it from the "me" part of the app?
2018-6-26
Use props
Gyro
lvl.1
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-26 05:24
Hello there. We apologize if you're having some issues with your app right now. Did you try to reinstall the app? May I know what exact model of iPad are you using?

I have for every drone one ipad air2 and i use ocasionaly the ipad pro 13”
And, yes itis a fligt log, only point is that the drone mentioned in the app i a non existing one
2018-6-26
Use props
Gyro
lvl.1
  • >>>

The apps are all up to date, i even removed the app to start over on a fresh account without any results.
A button to remove the fake accounts (all of them having the same name "Lower_version_boardnum" can make a difference.
2018-6-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Gyro Posted at 2018-6-26 10:01
The apps are all up to date, i even removed the app to start over on a fresh account without any results.
A button to remove the fake accounts (all of them having the same name "Lower_version_boardnum" can make a difference.

Please make sure when reinstalling your Go app, to sync your flights, then delete the app, “clear your internet cache and cookies”, lastly, to reboot your iPad. Now you can do a clean install.

Make sure you have a strong and clear internet connection to download the Go app.

Good luck will be by your side  Fingers crossed. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-6-26
Use props
Gyro
lvl.1
  • >>>

Yes, that is exactly what i do.
the result is indeed a correct go4app with all of my birds showing on the app.
next i start a flight and i get an error witch create this same fake drone named "Lower_version_boardnum".
this happens on all of my ipads, i can only conclude it is coused by the app.
In desperation i have purchased an android phone hoping that will be the sollution, it was not :-(
So, now i have 50% chance to create a fake drone on my app every time i start an operation.
Not a good impression to a client overseeing the operation.
2018-6-26
Use props
rexster314
lvl.3

United States

Go into the app manager (don't know what Apple calls it) and clear the cache out from the app. That should clear the fake and real birds you have. Sometimes when you uninstall then reinstall an app, the small data cache remains
2018-6-26
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I think you should do a reply to #2 in order to make a notification for the Admin.
Keep an eye on the serial number of your aircraft, i would suspect that to play a role here whatever is going on.
Hopefully the developers are able to correct the wrong ones to one correct, otherwise if you just get rid of the false ones without, the flight records for those possibly also would be gone.
2018-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules