Brand new DJI Mavic Air Flame Red, stress crack out of the box?
1790 18 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AirPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2355823 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hi guys,

I just unboxed my brand new Dji Mavic Air Flame Red, and upon the inspection I saw what appears to be a small crack right under the microSD card slot. Is this a real crack or it's just the molding process?
Do you also have this on yours?

Thank you!

mavi2.jpg
mavi1.jpg
2018-6-25
Use props
AirPilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Here is another picture of the "crack", taken on daylight.
Can you guys confirm if you have this in the same spot on your drones?
I really want to find out because I don't want to miss the return window.
B3BC3F58-5143-4814-B9D8-C8A5BACB5B74.jpeg
2018-6-25
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

You should return for replacement.
2018-6-25
Use props
AirPilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

@GDL:
Did you checked yours and you don't have it in the same spot?
2018-6-25
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

AirPilot Posted at 2018-6-25 21:29
@GDL:
Did you checked yours and you don't have it in the same spot?

i dont have it on my drone
2018-6-25
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

Yeah, return it. You don't know what kind of action could have produced that and what's the damage inside.
2018-6-25
Use props
AirPilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

This is incredible how many QC problems DJI has with this drones.
This is my second replacement, the first one had friction in the right arm, when extending.
This is a 1000 euros equipment, for god's sake, DJI!
2018-6-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't have that either on my MA - ship it back today...
2018-6-25
Use props
AirPilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Guys, think other ones have it too. I found this picture of a black mavic air on anither thread, and it seems that this one has that mark too in that spot, under the sd, if you look carefully.
6D46D0E1-4296-4B7A-B598-9AA807E1B7AA.jpeg
2018-6-26
Use props
AirPilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Here also, a clearer picture.

I think if you guys look closer into an angle, with birght light, you will see it too.
7E5D18C9-19AA-45DA-B186-86C7D5BFB1D7.jpeg
2018-6-26
Use props
AirPilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Can someone that says he doesn't have this under the slot post a clear picture from an angle, for us to see it?

Thank you!
2018-6-26
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

It's just a bit of plastic. If it flies and works fine, why worry about it? That piece is probably pushed into place until it clicks and someone was pushing a little too hard or not putting their thumbs in the right place.
2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AirPilot Posted at 2018-6-26 02:26
Can someone that says he doesn't have this under the slot post a clear picture from an angle, for us to see it?

Thank you!

Just double checked and absolutely no marks what-so-ever on mine. Yours and others may be caused by pressing the card too hard or using tweezers etc. I have to say though that this part of the MA is a totally flawed design.  
2018-6-26
Use props
AirPilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

A CW Posted at 2018-6-26 04:40
Just double checked and absolutely no marks what-so-ever on mine. Yours and others may be caused by pressing the card too hard or using tweezers etc. I have to say though that this part of the MA is a totally flawed design.

I didn't pressed at all'the card, it went easy and smooth inside the holder, not using any special tools.
The mavic was unboxed 10 mins before i took those pictures.
2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AirPilot Posted at 2018-6-26 04:43
I didn't pressed at all'the card, it went easy and smooth inside the holder, not using any special tools.
The mavic was unboxed 10 mins before i took those pictures.

In that case return it or as someone else said, just live with it - it won't affect the flight performance of the drone.
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry for the trouble. Please bring the DJI Mavic Air back to the store where you purchased it and please ask for a replacement since his Drone was just recently purchased.  
2018-6-26
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft

I just checked mine, literally received my Mavic Air yesterday in the mail. Not Flame Red, but Onyx Black. Mine also has that under the SD card slot, however, not as pronounced as yours. I believe is just the way the plastic was molded/injected? Mine is barely visible at a certain angle. Doesn't look like stress crack or anything, more of just a discoloration? But it looks like yours..and the other picture. Doesn't bother me at all. I'm not shipping mine back and waiting a week with no Drone. I bought DJI Care so if it does become an issue in the future, I have a year to replace it
Notice on the picture, there are some horizontal lines, that is from me wiping the area with a Q-tip. I guess the plastic is very soft lol
But as you can see in the picture, it has a slight coloration difference where your "stress crack" is at. It's really hard to see unless you tilt it at the right angle with the right lighting...
Untitled-1.jpg
2018-6-26
Use props
AirPilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Streetmagus Posted at 2018-6-26 08:28
I just checked mine, literally received my Mavic Air yesterday in the mail. Not Flame Red, but Onyx Black. Mine also has that under the SD card slot, however, not as pronounced as yours. I believe is just the way the plastic was molded/injected? Mine is barely visible at a certain angle. Doesn't look like stress crack or anything, more of just a discoloration? But it looks like yours..and the other picture. Doesn't bother me at all. I'm not shipping mine back and waiting a week with no Drone. I bought DJI Care so if it does become an issue in the future, I have a year to replace it
Notice on the picture, there are some horizontal lines, that is from me wiping the area with a Q-tip. I guess the plastic is very soft lol
But as you can see in the picture, it has a slight coloration difference where your "stress crack" is at. It's really hard to see unless you tilt it at the right angle with the right lighting...

@Streetmagus: a million thanks for your post and picture. You just saved me from an unjustified replace. Thank you very much for your post!

Also, I used this time my macro 1:1 lens on my DLSR to confirm that this isn't a crack, is just different plastic shade(discoloring) condensed in a small line.

2018-6-26
Use props
AirPilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Here you can also see that the "crack" is actually a small line of discolored plastic particles, that show as a crack on naked eye. Super strange,
Thanks everyone for your help and support on this matter!
2018-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules