Solid red light on charging hub with battery inserted
69499 22 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5c48ea2c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15564 ft
United States

I had three  P4 batteries on the charging hub in Storage Mode for about three weeks. I noticed that the LED indicator lights on the hub for two of the batteries are red and the third is blue. The LEDs on the battery in the slot with the blue hub LED flash and cycle as normal. The battery LEDs for the two in the hub positions with red indicators do not light up. Previously, all three batteries appeared to be cycling normally based on the LEDs on the batteries. The charger hub manual says red indicates "No battery detected." Can anyone tell me what happened to these two batteries and is there a fix? All three batteries are the same age and have gone through only about 15 to 20 charging cycles prior to this. Thanks.
2018-6-25
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

There seems to be an issue with the hub when batteries were inserted not being on latest firmware.
Basically the storage function killed those batteries. Read some discussion here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=118344&page=1#pid1025008

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=149685
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize if you're having some issues right now. Did you charge the batteries separately to see if they are responding fine with the charges as well? So that we can figure out if it's the charging hub or the batteries itself that have a problem.
2018-6-26
Use props
fans5c48ea2c
lvl.1
United States

Hi Wanda. I have tried charging the two dead batteries in other positions on the hub and by plugging the charger directly into each of the dead batteries (no hub) with no success. The one good battery responds properly on each of the hub slots. It is  not a problem with the charger or the hub.
2018-6-26
Use props
djiuser_2ekOdcCLZ5kq
New

India

I just bought the mavic 2 fly more kit. When I plug in the hub and all 3 batteries I get a solid red light.  All 3 batteries charge on the single charger that came with the battery. How can I solve this?  Is the hub faulty?
2018-10-20
Use props
djiuser_gGpbbpOhnHIM
lvl.1
Myanmar

I am having this problem. Mine showing red.
2018-10-30
Use props
LiteWeight
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2849918 ft
United States

Same problem here. Hub just showing red light. But I can charge the batteries individually.
2018-11-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sounds like a bad batch of multi chargers... How unfortunate.

I bought a second 100w charger for my Phantom 3 Pro, four flight packs. Cutting my charge time in half.

Sorry to learn about those chargers malfunctioning.

When the prices drop, I will be purchasing one of these bad boys...
https://smartpowercharge.com/proddetail.php?prod=SPCP3
14F57CCA-C664-4C37-98B7-C1C98A3722B9.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2018-11-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Compare the SmartPoweCharge to the DJI hub.

http://smartpowercharge.com/pdf/dji_hub.pdf

RedHotPoker
2018-11-14
Use props
WillisReese
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272979 ft
United States

I am charging Inspire 2 batteries for the first time out of the box and one of them is not wanting to charge.  It indicates red on the hub and when press the button on the battery it flashes one light then goes out.  When on the charging hub it flashes white in bursts of three and then goes out...hub indicates red.  Whats up with that?  What do I do next?
2019-6-6
Use props
Erik Deitesfeld
New

United States

Last week I had taken my three, lightly used, P4 batteries off charge mode and put them into storage mode.  Yesterday I went to fly and found all three batteries DEAD with solid red lights on the charging hub.  I have tried to charge them by the cable only.  I put them in the drone.  I have switched them to charge and back to storage.  I have verified my charging cable was working by charging my base unit.  Nothing, no green lights, just $350 dollars worth of DEAD batteries.  I bought the charging unit on DJI's recommendation that it would EXTEND the life of the batteries when stored.  I trusted them and it worked fine for about a year-and-a-half, then this.  I was strung along by the agent for about an hour jumping through senseless needless hoops, going so far as to take a requested video of the batteries in the charger.  
2019-7-15
Use props
Erik Deitesfeld
New

United States

Yesterday I lost 3 perfectly fine batteries to one of DJI's 3 bay charging hubs after about a year and a half of use.  Let me just say that if you call customer service and your charger is more than 90 days old, forget about them even trying to help in the smallest way, but they do offer up consistent platitudes.  I bought the hub on DJI's recommendation that it would maintain and keep my batteries healthy.  DJI should come clean and offer its consumers something for their design failure and also stop selling the hub altogether, otherwise I smell fraud.
2019-7-15
Use props
djiuser_thSrvAfYEXhg
New

Australia

djiuser_2ekOdcCLZ5kq Posted at 2018-10-20 07:18
I just bought the mavic 2 fly more kit. When I plug in the hub and all 3 batteries I get a solid red light.  All 3 batteries charge on the single charger that came with the battery. How can I solve this?  Is the hub faulty?

I have the same issue .. did you get a reply
2019-12-26
Use props
djiuser_bSe5C5ApTbW9
New

India

Battery not charging as the blue light in between  blinks red and green for short time, is the battery damaged, as other battery is charging properly,  got this drone yesterday
2020-5-27
Use props
K7ailan
New

Kuwait

i have same issues with my battery do you have solution ???

no light in my battery and when i but it in my charger the light RED
2020-6-4
Use props
fans5c48ea2c
lvl.1
United States

I was the original poster for this thread. There is a lot of misinformation about managing DJI batteries and zero information in the users manual for the hub regarding the "storage" function. What I discovered is that the "Storage" function on the hub actually does nothing.  It will not maintain charge in the battery if the battery is already low.  I put the batteries on the hub after a flight. I was not expecting to fly again for a few weeks so I turned the switch to "Storage." I did not put them on "Charge" first. If the batteries are not recharged first, the Storage function will allow them to completely discharge. Once they completely discharge, the batteries can never be recharged again.  If fully charged, the batteries will take care of themselves without the "storage" function of the hub. The lesson is to fully re-charge batteries immediately after each flight and they will take care of themselves until the next flight, even if that is weeks or months. I don't bother with the Storage function anymore. It doesn't do anything that the battery can't do on its own.
2020-6-4
Use props
djiuser_tNGhM0SGCcsQ
New
United States

Any recourse from DJI on these “dead” batteries?  I bought the “Fly More” kit for a season.
2022-8-8
Use props
fans5c48ea2c
lvl.1
United States

I was the original poster on this thread. DJI refused to offer any help other than to offer to sell me new batteries at full price.

I did find a private service that rehabilitated the dead batteries for a nominal price. Those batteries are still in use today! See the link below for Air America Aerial. I was thrilled Air America Aerial was able to get my batteries functioning again!  And at a fraction of the price of buying new ones.

https://www.airamericaaerial.com/product-page/dji-phantom-4-series-battery-repair-service
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_EGOkpcDGd6gV
lvl.2

United States

Same problem here with Mavic 2 battery
2023-1-13
Use props
djiuser_EGOkpcDGd6gV
lvl.2

United States

Same problem here with Mavic 2 battery
2023-1-14
Use props
Mauricio Gnecco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 353028 ft
Brazil

Hello, here I have the following problem.... I use the Hub with a 30w DJI source but the charging is in a loop... it charges one by one and as soon as it finishes charging again... on the solo charger or with a battery in the Hub loads normally until the green light stays on... could it be that my problem is a weak power supply?
2023-1-15
Use props
Pat Oleary
New

United States

I just bought
battery that was dead from the get go and would not charge..
2023-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Pat Oleary Posted at 8-28 17:46
I just bought
battery that was dead from the get go and would not charge..

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Does it light up while charging? Is this also for the Phantom 4?
2023-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules