Got the version I need
838 6 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Well I just installed DJI go4. Version 4.2.14. Now I can use my Samsung s5. No more pixelization when I fly the mavic pro. I found the file on akppure.com site. I uninstalled the version 4.2.16 that caused all the problems and then installed my older version download. All is well again. I won't be updating the go app again. No need to it works flawlessly. My advise to everyone on here, is to leave well enough alone. If it is working well for you don't update.you might find yourself unable to fly what was previously giving you no trouble. Lesson learned here. Shame on you DJI.
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Thanks for your feedback we will forward it to our R&D engineers regarding with this concern.
2018-6-25
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
United States

Well mr starks, Aka Tony. My point is that you (DJI) should be providing this "version" option for its customers. Don't release these updates without a "data base" from which to pull the old version if things go bad for the end user. This is what has happened to so many here, and left them paralyzed, unable to fly. And all we hear is a cookie cutter response form you, talking heads, stating that you will pass it on to your engineers. We are not that stupid. There is no engineer that gives a hoot about this information. So stop the company line and create a tab, or area on the forum, where we the customer can decide which version of your app to run that best fits OUR NEEDS. You don't need an engineer for that! I got the file and download from a site that has no connection to your so called engineering staff. They have no connection to DJI at all. However, They are the ones who fixed the problem you created. So cut the crap and supply the need for your customer. Not much to it obviously. This company had a list of versions to choose from.  All this nonsense about "passing it  on to the engineers does", is prove that you don't care.
2018-6-25
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

Bill B Posted at 2018-6-25 15:12
Well mr starks, Aka Tony. My point is that you (DJI) should be providing this "version" option for its customers. Don't release these updates without a "data base" from which to pull the old version if things go bad for the end user. This is what has happened to so many here, and left them paralyzed, unable to fly. And all we hear is a cookie cutter response form you, talking heads, stating that you will pass it on to your engineers. We are not that stupid. There is no engineer that gives a hoot about this information. So stop the company line and create a tab, or area on the forum, where we the customer can decide which version of your app to run that best fits OUR NEEDS. You don't need an engineer for that! I got the file and download from a site that has no connection to your so called engineering staff. They have no connection to DJI at all. However, They are the ones who fixed the problem you created. So cut the crap and supply the need for your customer. Not much to it obviously. This company had a list of versions to choose from.  All this nonsense about "passing it  on to the engineers does", is prove that you don't care.

Exactly

2018-6-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

My advise to everyone on here, is to leave well enough alone. If it is working well for you don't update.

On that note...  Unless Firmware / Software definetively Fixes a problem that puts humans at risk and to lesser degree drone at risk - I concur!
I do not remember any Firmware / Software update as of recent, which has brought some new feature to the plate.  Let alone actually fixed a real problem.
Instead, the updates have introduced new problems that vary in severity from minor to major.

2018-6-25
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-25 15:50
My advise to everyone on here, is to leave well enough alone. If it is working well for you don't update.

On that note...  Unless Firmware / Software definetively Fixes a problem that puts humans at risk and to lesser degree drone at risk - I concur!

I agree Firmware is a different issue and I see the need to "force" us to update for safety. But not the app there is no comparing the two, and seriously all we are asking here is to have a page, tab, link, call it what you will, that gives us the choice to use a stable version of go 4 that best fits our needs. I don't want to buy a IphoneX or a s9 to fly with because someone decides to up the processor requirements of the app that worked just fine prior to their brain child. I have a ipad air two that handles the 4.2.16 just fine. but I don't want to transport it everywhere i go i order to fly. I like my s5 and don't have a need to update it. So let me choose a stable go4 version that will marry well with it. That's all we ask.
2018-6-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I couldn't agree more - with the app.
2018-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now