"hiccup" in videos from time to time
464 5 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cameracollector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

For lack of a better description, I am noticing that every now and then when I am watching my video footage there seems to be a "hiccup" where the video seems to pause or even jump back for a split second.  I am using fast Sandisk extreme and extreme pro, so cards are plenty fast enough, and it seems to be happening more often lately.
It used to be that I would only notice this in one or two clips out of a three battery outing, but lately there seems to be one of these glitches about every 4th or 5th clip.  

Here is an example in this clip - about the 11 second mark you can see what I mean

Anyone else run into this and /or have any idea what causes this?

thanks in advance
2018-6-25
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

What i see in that clip look to me like the gimbal is making a short twitch.
I have myself had a few clips where the video like smear out, looking close to when the video feed get interfered, this has happened if i have managed to getting close to a full card.
As you sound like you see it more now than before, only thing i wonder is if you just delete the files when copied or do you actually format the card in the aircraft before next use? if just deleting the files, the filesystem on the card get messed up over time.
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. We apologize that you're having some issues right now. Is the firmware updated? What model of the mobile device are you using?
2018-6-26
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-26 03:17
Hello there. We apologize that you're having some issues right now. Is the firmware updated? What model of the mobile device are you using?

DJI Wanda - I am on the latest firmware, and using a new iPad mini that I just purchased when DJI dropped support for the Samsung s2 I was using.  

I think  you are correct about the gimbal twitch KedDK, there does not seem to be any dropped frames or anything that you would expect with a video glitch, there seems to be no break in the video at all, just a sudden movement.

I will do a gimbal recalibration and see if that helps, and also reformat my sd media, since I usually just copy and delete.  I use 32gb cards and never get close to filling them.
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

cameracollector Posted at 2018-6-27 08:13
DJI Wanda - I am on the latest firmware, and using a new iPad mini that I just purchased when DJI dropped support for the Samsung s2 I was using.  

I think  you are correct about the gimbal twitch KedDK, there does not seem to be any dropped frames or anything that you would expect with a video glitch, there seems to be no break in the video at all, just a sudden movement.

Alright. Please make sure also that the SD card you are using is a Class 10 UHS-3.
2018-6-27
Use props
cameracollector
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-27 08:16
Alright. Please make sure also that the SD card you are using is a Class 10 UHS-3.

DJI Wanda - I am using Sandisk Extreme Pro, which, according to the performance tests I read when I purchased them are the fastest micro SD cards available, so I think they should be ok.
2018-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules