• Date: 2018.06.26
  • Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.15.00
  • Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.15.00
  • Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.01.00
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: V 4.2.20
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.2.20

What’s New?
  • Optimized compass calibration.
  • Optimized gimbal performance to improve its stability during flight.

Notes
  • Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be reverted to a previous version. Restart the aircraft and remote controller once the update is complete.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 app/DJI Assistant 2, then try updating again.

2018-6-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the update
2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does look impressive - like the idea of OcuSync in the P4P.
2018-6-26
Use props
Rolud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1756834 ft
Switzerland

Hi!
Thanks for this update!
Once updated, will the P4P V2.0 work with the DJI goggles "non Racing Edition"?
2018-6-26
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

Awesome, updating now!
2018-6-26
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

I have already updated and am heading out for a flight.  It forced an IMU calibration afterwards which tells me they did work on the sensors which is a good thing.

Due to the release notes, I am optimistic that this is intended to help the slow yaw turning and gimbal glitching that people have been experiencing.
2018-6-26
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

I flew a short flight in between large thunderstorms.  Very gusty conditions so I stayed below 20'.

This updated forced an IMU calibration, reset my EXP settings, reset my brake sensitivity settings, and reset many of the obstacle settings.

So far so good with this limited flight test.  It is obvious they did some serious work on the compass and IMU code.

They also changed the DAT file log format that gets recorded on the mobile device.  They removed a ton of data fields!
Lost Signals.png
2018-6-26
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

Yep definitely be careful with this update make sure you guys go through your settings they reset a lot of stuff I also had to do a IMU calibration my values were off the charts usually that doesn't happen a reboot would fix it... but yeah you definitely need to calibrate your IMU after this one.... hey that Android bug where you couldn't see Compass values is definitely fixed now I can see them all the time! Not sometimes LOL so that's cool oh and be sure to update all of your batteries this does include battery update firmware. What I mean by that is after the initial update insert each of your batteries and it will tell you " inconsistent firmware" just slide to update and it will update the battery. Takes 1 minute
2018-6-27
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

I flew a test mission this morning and trended/reviewed the logs for the issue with slow yaw while hovering.

So far the results seem promising! I performed the series of maneuvers that have proven to re-produce the issue on demand and the drift was non-existent to very minor.

It also seems that DJI fixed the braking response sensitivity issue that most were having where the drone was ignoring the sensitivity setting and braking at max braking effect no matter what. Now the drone seems to be responding to that setting and braking at more appropriate rates.
2018-6-27
Use props
Billyrr24
lvl.2
United States

Any idea if this update fixed the live video stitching issue that I am many other android users (specifically using Samsung devices) were having?
2018-6-27
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

Billyrr24 Posted at 2018-6-27 06:15
Any idea if this update fixed the live video stitching issue that I am many other android users (specifically using Samsung devices) were having?

I don't.  I am on iOS and have not had that issue.  Sorry!
2018-6-27
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I've not done this newest update yet but I continue to have issues with my live view locking up after taking several photos.  I have to reboot the app every time.  Doesn't happen with the video feature.
2018-6-27
Use props
Billyrr24
lvl.2
United States

fanse5c75c2f Posted at 2018-6-27 08:22
I've not done this newest update yet but I continue to have issues with my live view locking up after taking several photos.  I have to reboot the app every time.  Doesn't happen with the video feature.

Yeah my video doesn't quite lock up but most of the screen will turn grey for a second (minus the telemetry data) and then come back for a second. It is impossible to fly it this way or do any photography with it. Luckily I do have goggle which work fine but it would be nice to be able to fly without goggles also. Fingers crossed...I'm hoping this update will fix it, or at least give me the option to refresh my firmware finally.
2018-6-27
Use props
djiuser_Ha62UbD63KTg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11335 ft
  • >>>

When will you have a firmware update so that we can use the SE Goggles with the P4PV2?
2018-6-27
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

So brantel my braking has veen fixed also. I can keep it at 80 and it stops softly. And this is on android. To the other guy i have a samsung device s9+and do not have any stitching issues with live view.
2018-6-27
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-6-27 13:22
So brantel my braking has veen fixed also. I can keep it at 80 and it stops softly. And this is on android. To the other guy i have a samsung device s9+and do not have any stitching issues with live view.

That is awesome man!  Wonder why they don't speak to all the improvements in the release notes???

Always encouraging to see other people report similar results!
2018-6-27
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Brantel Posted at 2018-6-27 14:49
That is awesome man!  Wonder why they don't speak to all the improvements in the release notes???

Always encouraging to see other people report similar results!

"Wonder why they don't speak to all the improvements in the release notes???"
They never do, perhaps it was done by mistake and will be "fixed" back on next release.

At least they listed something useful, just look here what us V1+ users was last presented with ...
The V2.0+ users has got an update now too.
2018-6-28
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 321398 ft

All I need to pick up now is a set of DJI Racing edition goggles.
2018-7-2
Use props
Bischofftep
lvl.1
Flight distance : 881230 ft

Slow yaw still happening after the update for me.

Also, custom stick layouts still not working correctly.

Confirmed had to re-set EXP and calibrate IMU.
2018-7-3
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 321398 ft

Thank you for the update Seems to work pretty good so far.
2018-7-7
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

Brantel Posted at 2018-6-27 06:07
I flew a test mission this morning and trended/reviewed the logs for the issue with slow yaw while hovering.

So far the results seem promising! I performed the series of maneuvers that have proven to re-produce the issue on demand and the drift was non-existent to very minor.

is the P4P V2.0 in your opinion worth $400 more than the P4 Adv. version?  I purchased one of each and they are both still sealed in the box and was going to return one of them. I paid $850 for the Adv. and $1250 for the V2.0.  I can't afford both and I would think having 5.8 does help in same areas. plus all the other upgrades because it's V2.0 and the Pro version.  $400 is a lot but if it saves my drone from sinking into the ocean, i guess I should get the Pro.
2018-7-10
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

Bischofftep Posted at 2018-7-3 11:53
Slow yaw still happening after the update for me.

Also, custom stick layouts still not working correctly.

is the Slow Yaw a known problem for most of the V2.0 P4P's? so when hovering it will Slow Yaw on it's own?
2018-7-10
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
United States

bobsma Posted at 2018-7-10 14:45
is the Slow Yaw a known problem for most of the V2.0 P4P's? so when hovering it will Slow Yaw on it's own?

Has been my experience... with 3 of them.
2018-7-10
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Dji we need a fix! The original p4p v1 did not do this!
2018-8-3
Use props
jacksond
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50991 ft
Australia

Anyone got any P4P V2 RC firmware? earlier the better.

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... olGFiOf?usp=sharing

2018-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules