Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crystalsky third party software and connection ?
851 9 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PatrickVn
lvl.1

i’m looking into buying the crystalsky ultra monitor to use it with a third party flight app.  Today i use my android phone for this.  When i use my phone it is connected with a usb cable.  It then activates media transfer connection and i also have to manually activate usb tethering on the phone.  Will the Crystalsky work as a phone replacement and support these functionalities ?
2018-6-25
Use props
Grumpy D
Captain
Flight distance : 18245 ft
United States

Sorry, I have no idea. It sounds like something you would want to confirm for your self, first hand. CS is a lot of cash to lay out based on someone else’s assumptions. The CS is also a nice piece of
equipment and it would a shame to miss out because someone said its a no go. If possible maybe try and locate a local CS owner willing to let you give it a go.

If you are any where near Eastern TN, USA, you are welcome to try with mine.
2018-6-26
Use props
PatrickVn
lvl.1

Belgium

Grumpy D Posted at 2018-6-26 05:00
Sorry, I have no idea. It sounds like something you would want to confirm for your self, first hand. CS is a lot of cash to lay out based on someone else’s assumptions. The CS is also a nice piece of
equipment and it would a shame to miss out because someone said its a no go. If possible maybe try and locate a local CS owner willing to let you give it a go.

Thanks for your answer.  I hope someone will see the post who has tried it.
Would love to come try it in the us with you but a bit too far from Belgium
2018-6-26
Use props
Grumpy D
Captain
Flight distance : 18245 ft
United States

Oh well. If I were you I think I would go ahead and cross post in the Phantom as well as other A/C forums. This forum doesn’t seem to get much traffic. Also if you haven’t already, try all the pilots.com forums ie phantompilots.com, Mavic etc. etc.
Best of luck to you. I hope you’ll be able to use the CS it is nice.
2018-6-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Will the Crystalsky work as a phone replacement and support these functionalities ?

CrystalSky does not support Cellular connection, only WiFi.
2018-6-26
Use props
PatrickVn
lvl.1

Belgium

Thanks for your comment but the cellular connection is not necessary i believe.
I just want to connect the CS to the flight app of my drone which for the time beeing is still a cheap model in order to learn how to fly.
2018-6-26
Use props
PatrickVn
lvl.1

Belgium

Grumpy D Posted at 2018-6-26 09:37
Oh well. If I were you I think I would go ahead and cross post in the Phantom as well as other A/C forums. This forum doesn’t seem to get much traffic. Also if you haven’t already, try all the pilots.com forums ie phantompilots.com, Mavic etc. etc.
Best of luck to you. I hope you’ll be able to use the CS it is nice.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will also look into other forums :-)
2018-6-26
Use props
JMR58
Captain
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>

PatrickVn Posted at 2018-6-26 22:01
Thanks for the suggestion.  I will also look into other forums :-)

Hi Patrick, feel free to use my Crystalsky, or see how works this fantastic tablet, i'm living at BE-Westcoast, but working the weekends!
Made a video reportage yesterday for friends with combination of the Spark, Phantom4 and Osmo-possibility's, each time switching the wifi to the Crystalsky, exept for the P4.
What do you mean by a "cheap model"? It has to be Dji and connect with Dji Go4 or Dji Go.
Just send me PM
2018-6-27
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft

CS supports downloading up to 20 Apps, but it doesn't support Android Google Play or Apple Play Store, so if you wanted to use an App for your drone you would need to sideload the APK file. If your drone is WiFi it should "see" your drones WiFi connection which you would need to select it and enter the password, hopefully it will connect but no warranties, I would not spend that kind of money unless you are flying DJI equipment. JMO
2018-6-29
Use props
PatrickVn
lvl.1

Thanks for the info.  Loading the APK file should work and i found it easily.  However the question is if the connection with a cable between my transmitter and the CS will work.  The app only connects via wifi in the Apple version, in the Android version i don't see it in the wifi list.  In the future i will buy a DJI product for sure, just waiting on the 18th july what will be announced :-)
2018-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules