Does DJI Warranty it's own Go4 App???
1298 14 2018-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Question for DJI Support/Moderators: Dji’s Service Policy states that they do not cover issues related to : “ Any software programs, whether provided with the product or installed subsequently. “, does this include its own Go4 App??

In other words does this mean that DJI does not cover under warranty any claim that can be related to a serious flaw in the Go4 App, if it was or can be determined that their App created a condition that affected the operation of their drones and as such, caused damage or loss?  

Go4 App is a mandatory piece of software, whereby it is impossible to adjust most or many of a drone’s parameters/functioning without the use of the App…so it would seem impossible for DJI not to cover product issues that are related to the functionality of the App.  I'm not asking if DJI provides a warranty for their app itself.  

2018-6-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It covers GO4 - they are referring to third party apps. Otherwise the warranty would be pointless as you need to use GO4 to fly the drone safely.
2018-6-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Our apologies for the inconvenience. As mentioned above, it covers DJI Go 4 app but I will clarify this with our R&D engineers to avoid confusion.
2018-6-26
Use props
Jeff7577
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

It doesn’t cover what you did, Randy. Let your drone crash. You should have done preflight checks.
2018-6-26
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Take it to court big fella! Stop whinging on social media, and sue them???
Your long drawn out posts about how it is not your fault, need to be deliberated on by a judge!!
Leave us mob out of it!!
2018-6-26
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-6-26 03:46
It doesn’t cover what you did, Randy. Let your drone crash. You should have done preflight checks.

Give up Jeff on spamming me.  My intentions you are referring to are to get resolve for the facts of my case- and your opinions are useless.  As a matter of fact - I did several pre-flight checks and many many tests that were discussed directly with DJI - they have alll this info on file.  

Also, in addition to my pre-flight check I actually flew a  full 15 min duration "test flight' of my exact intended flight path in order to scope out my POIs and ensure my AC was functioning without issues.  This test flight was given to DJI and they have it as a matter of record.  So quit your bs comments and baseless comments.  My question is simply as it was stated.

Everyone here might be well surprised about DJI's response to this App question.
2018-6-26
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-6-26 04:06
Take it to court big fella! Stop whinging on social media, and sue them???
Your long drawn out posts about how it is not your fault, need to be deliberated on by a judge!!
Leave us mob out of it!!

Yet you take the time to spam .  I'm only trying to get to the bottom of a serious issue that clearly is affecting thousands of others.

My post here while obviously related to my overall experience is a separate thread and question and makes no direct reference to details of my case.  
2018-6-26
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-26 02:33
Hi, Our apologies for the inconvenience. As mentioned above, it covers DJI Go 4 app but I will clarify this with our R&D engineers to avoid confusion.

Thank you, appreciated.
2018-6-26
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-6-25 23:58
It covers GO4 - they are referring to third party apps. Otherwise the warranty would be pointless as you need to use GO4 to fly the drone safely.

I agree with you that it would be pointless not to, however if you read their terms it states any software that is included with the product or any 3rd Party software...so they've separated the two intentionally which is very odd.
2018-6-26
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

I must say that I admire your persistence!
2018-6-26
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-6-26 09:49
I must say that I admire your persistence!

Glad to me admired      With no disrespect to the many great DJI-moderators here in the forums, dealing with DJI Support on a case via email can be enough to drive a person insane- and I'm getting close .  But I'm not here to rant about that.  Surely others have had pleasant dealings and that's great.  I want nothing but to help myself and help the community at the same time.  BTW, I've made no reference here in this post,  to my case that is active in other threads ...while obviously related - and apparent only to those that are active with most current postings, the question stands independent and I ask it only because I am experiencing some issues that may indicate that the answer to this question is a very important one for all users.
2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

randy.sauder Posted at 2018-6-26 08:40
I agree with you that it would be pointless not to, however if you read their terms it states any software that is included with the product or any 3rd Party software...so they've separated the two intentionally which is very odd.

Well I've had a P4P replaced under the  standard warranty after using the GO4 app due to a defective IMU after trying to calibrate it with the GO4 app - they replaced it with a brand new one. So the reality is clear - the warranty is 100% covered using the GO4 app.
2018-6-26
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-6-26 10:35
Well I've had a P4P replaced under the  standard warranty after using the GO4 app due to a defective IMU after trying to calibrate it with the GO4 app - they replaced it with a brand new one. So the reality is clear - the warranty is 100% covered using the GO4 app.

Good to hear.  But your issue I think was a defective IMU, a hardware issue.  Are you saying that the App caused your IMU to not be able to be calibrated?  Did the App log a code that indicated a hardware fault with your IMU?  What if a software update with the App caused your IMU not to function, but that this theory could not be proven b/c the App was not programmed to recognize the IMU failure and could not report any fault code for it.  Unless DJI has discovered such a software issue, and willing to officially recognize it we would be all at risk for some type of failure.  It is a TRUST ISSUE.  One of the purposes of my post/question here is that I and many others are experiencing issues wrt DJI Go4- but that DJI will not accept this information ...they treat it as anecdotal evidence and not 'data'.    True, while such is not 'engineering data' as-reported via the App, they should carefully consider all information given to them as such information may be factual.  
2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

randy.sauder Posted at 2018-6-26 10:57
Good to hear.  But your issue I think was a defective IMU, a hardware issue.  Are you saying that the App caused your IMU to not be able to be calibrated?  Did the App log a code that indicated a hardware fault with your IMU?  What if a software update with the App caused your IMU not to function, but that this theory could not be proven b/c the App was not programmed to recognize the IMU failure and could not report any fault code for it.  Unless DJI has discovered such a software issue, and willing to officially recognize it we would be all at risk for some type of failure.  It is a TRUST ISSUE.  One of the purposes of my post/question here is that I and many others are experiencing issues wrt DJI Go4- but that DJI will not accept this information ...they treat it as anecdotal evidence and not 'data'.    True, while such is not 'engineering data' as-reported via the App, they should carefully consider all information given to them as such information may be factual.

It was caused by the app and they honoured the claim
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It is recommended to fly with DJI GO/DJI GO4. If the unfortunate happens, data analysis will be suggested if the unit is still under warranty period.
2018-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules