Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First drone help
695 13 2018-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WLwRSopwxN7j
New

United Kingdom

Hi

My first ever drone arrived today and i think im a little out of my depth and wondered if anybody could help.

Ive not even powered it on yet...im charging everything. But im concerned as the camera is really floppy! Is this normal on a unpowered phantom 3?

Also does anybody have any hints and tips for my first use?

Any help would be great.

Many thanks
2018-6-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

This is perfectly normal. When it's powered up, it will do a little dance and settle into it's position.   
2018-6-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

PS   Read the manual over and over.
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. First of all, congratulations on getting your first drone and I appreciate your time bringing your query to us. What do you mean by floppy? In regards to the tips, you just have to read the user manual in our official website and watch some tutorial videos on youtube and you're good to go. Feel free to approach us if you need anything.
2018-6-26
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would read the manual at least a couple times before flying, then once you are flying go back and read it again. I like to watch all of the Youtube videos to learn as well. Just take it low and slow until you are comfortable and learn where are of your controls are.
2018-6-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

+1 on post 3 and post 4 and post 5.  
2018-6-26
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

And here is what might help to find it, P3 Series product pages, pick your model and select downloads.
2018-6-26
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Heres some good tips for you.
Never ever take off from a concrete slab or near metal objects.
Take your time dont rush into things read the manual watch some videos.
On your first flight just practice taking off and landing again do this a few times untill you are familiar with the procedure.
For your first few flights only fly in very open areas not near any buildings.
If you find your doing a panic for any reason just take your fingers off the controls and calm down the drone will sit there and hover in the one spot.
Make sure that before you take off you do a pre flight check list.
Before take off ensure you have no error msgs if you do see one cancel the flight imeadiatly so you can rectify the error.
There are many other things we could tell you but experience is going to be your best way to learn how to fly.

Remember there is no such thing as a dumb question if you dont know the answer. If you have any questions we are all here to help.

Good luck and welcome to the forum
2018-6-26
Use props
djiuser_WLwRSopwxN7j
New

United Kingdom

Thanks so much.

I need to download the full manual i was hoping i could get by with youtube tutorials but i think i need to take my time and not rush this.

Thanks so much for the replies.

I will look at the camera once its powered up and see if it less floppy (now i have taken the lens cap off it seems less so, maybe the weight of it was making it droopy).

Really cant wait to get out and have a go but im going to be sensible and read up first.

I crashed my hubbies cheap micro quadcopter in spectacular style so dont want to do the same with this.

We are going to the outer Hebrides on holiday so really want to be confident with flying before we go ( i have until october so fingers crossed).

2018-6-26
Use props
djiuser_WLwRSopwxN7j
New

United Kingdom

So i have had my first practice (not too bad actually).

When im looking at my phone though the footage is black and white (colour during playback) is this normal?

Im printing off the manual as i speak so im sure i will get some more knowledge from that but just wondered if thats normal.
2018-6-26
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74521 ft
United Arab Emirates

If your phone screen is black and white, most probably your phone is not connected to the remote
2018-6-26
Use props
djiuser_WLwRSopwxN7j
New

United Kingdom

Thankyou i restarted everything and it is ok now.

Had a little fly around my garden and im pleased witj how it flys cant wait to try some more advanced flying.
2018-6-26
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Take baby steps you will be fine
2018-6-26
Use props
Air/America
lvl.4

United States

Well, you have come to the right place to ask for advice. Like has been said earlier, study the manual and the online available youtube videos. Just like riding a bicycle, after you have ridden for a while the Phatom is fairly easy.

2018-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules