SET HOME POINT WILL BE AVAILABLE IN NEXT FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wouterkcs
lvl.2
United States

I just chatted to TECH SUPPORT (coming from China), in where he stated that the next firmware will support to set HOME POINT optins Inspire have. GREAT NEWS!

He did confirm as well, that when you are in a restricted area, you can fly with GPS to a certain height, but it will not set HOME POINT in a restricted area. It uses the previous one when you were not in a restricted area.

In my case, unpacking and starting the P3P, it set a HOME POINT in my house which is in a NO FLY ZONE.

Consequently, when I was flying in the restricted are at the beach (up to 50 meters), it was saying that I was 1,600 meters from my HOME POINT.

Lucky I did not requested to GO HOME, because it would fly in to the NO FLY ZONE with a certain death as it was 1,600 meters from when I  took off, or it would get a signal to land because I am in NO FLY ZONE with a certain death of trees and lakes.

He stated "yes of course, the drone will not set home point in the restricted area" -- "I suggest you set home point out of restricted area"

I imagine an issue is valid in where you GO HOME flight plan is higher than the height the drone will fly back!!!

PS: I feel DJI is going over board with their restrictions regarding NO FLY ZONE.
      They should allow to fly anywhere let say up to 120 ft. My trees around my house are at 140ft.
      If they keep up this appoach, they will loose of clients/business.
      I am also worried that the new rules,like in FLorida, will curtail drone flying. I was told that all state parks in Florida are off limits!

2015-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules