Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello All,

How many of you agree the teaser-trailer of Mavic Air drew comparisons and similarities artistically to the 1984 Apple Macintosh commercial that was originally aired during Super Bowl XVIII? Doesn't it remind you of the Apple commercially, albeit suddely? (I've included a link to both commercials)

With DJI's upcoming July 18th announcement, considering it may be the Mavic Pro II which should be a superior addition to its Mavic Air counterpart, is it possible DJI has been under-delivering with this announcement since it was made? I mean if we're expecting the Mavic Pro II or any drone for that matter, wouldn't you expect a better show from DJI? Do you think we'll see something telling like was done with the Mavic Air? I mean SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE is all we've gotten from DJI so far? I'm finding myself still wanting more, shouldn't I? (side note: it's starting to look like DJI might have been caught off guard this month by the four recent drone announcements?)

Leave us your thought?

2018-6-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think you're onto something there... Uncanny
2018-6-26
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

people have been saying that DJI is the Apple of drones...
2018-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Most things dji are akin to Apple marketing, Air Pro etc, white packaging, but there are many many companies who also follow Apples great marketing strategies, it’s becoming more and more difficult to create major surprise, but I believe dji are about to surprise us all, for good or bad, well we will have to wait and see.
2018-6-26
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Different times ... and oddly the Apple commercial was a vailed negative add against the 'grey' market leader - the PC run the Microsoft OS, or IBM's Dos. DJI is the market leader in drone sales .... One thing that has been true so far is the DJI will not and has not said in advance what the name of the actual product that is to be launched under the 'Bigger Picture' campaign. I'm sticking to my 'prediction' that a Mavic Pro series 2 most likely will be released in September. 'The Bigger Picture' is something else.
2018-6-26
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

DJI will name next drone as iMavic
2018-6-26
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft