6478 5 2018-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, is there any way to plot out specific GPS coordinates and camera heading angles in a DJI app for the Inspire 2/X7 combo (preferably using Crystal Sky).  I have clients who do 3D renderings of bridges etc,. and need photos from extremely specific locations and camera angles.  I can do this using Litchi and iPad, however, I find that litchi misses focus with the X7 frequently and also is buggy with video feed freezing/cutting out at random times.  If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!  Here is a screenshot of a mission I just completed in NY where several of my photos taken with Litchi came back soft and I may have to fly back up to repeat....   

Litchi Screen Shot

Litchi Screen Shot
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi TravisSRT,

Thank you for your that information you've provided. The reason that we're experiencing some focus loss on the Zenmuse X7 camera and the freezing of the live feed of the video is that we are using a third-party mobile device application for the Inspire 2 drone, for accuracy please use the DJI go 4 application to ensure that the drone will work properly.

2018-6-26
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-26 13:16
Hi TravisSRT,

Thank you for your that information you've provided. The reason that we're experiencing some focus loss on the Zenmuse X7 camera and the freezing of the live feed of the video is that we are using a third-party mobile device application for the Inspire 2 drone, for accuracy please use the DJI go 4 application to ensure that the drone will work properly.

Thank you Stephen, I understand that the third party app is the cause of the focus issues.  I'm wanting to know if DJI offers anything that I can hopefully use on Crystalsky that will allow me to fly to precise GPS locations and point the camera at a specific compass degree heading.
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TravisSRT Posted at 2018-6-26 16:57
Thank you Stephen, I understand that the third party app is the cause of the focus issues.  I'm wanting to know if DJI offers anything that I can hopefully use on Crystalsky that will allow me to fly to precise GPS locations and point the camera at a specific compass degree heading.

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. We'll confirm this with our engineers so that we can provide accurate information. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry that CrystalSky and the DJI Go 4 will not record the camera angles, you may consider GS Pro, which is an iPad app designed to control or plan automatic flights for DJI aircraft. It will automatically take pictures at pre-set waypoints, providing the accuracy required for precision mapping. Please check more info here: https://www.dji.com/ground-stati ... ;from=insite_search
2018-6-28
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-28 01:43
Sorry that CrystalSky and the DJI Go 4 will not record the camera angles, you may consider GS Pro, which is an iPad app designed to control or plan automatic flights for DJI aircraft. It will automatically take pictures at pre-set waypoints, providing the accuracy required for precision mapping. Please check more info here: https://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro?site=brandsite&from=insite_search

with Ground Station can I program points and then fly the drone to it myself or is it only for automated flight?  Once at the points I need to take several different shots from the same point so I need the ability to control the drone once there before moving to the next point.
2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules