Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ATTI Mode/GPS a late Comer
1203 19 2018-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nucmanchh
lvl.4

This has happened 3x successively.
I power up the Spark. I power up the remote. When the remote turns green I connect to the spark WiFi (although it's not WiFi). I fire up the DJI app and it tells me only Atti no GPS even tho I had 8 satellites. I power both units down and power them back up & everything is fine. Anyone else expierenced this? What's going on?

THIS IS OUTSIDE
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the trouble that it caused, have you tried to move your aircraft outside? It might be that you're lacking GPS signal.
2018-6-26
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4

I've never flown inside LOL
This is outside. Read again. It finds GPS on second try
2018-6-26
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just fly up above everything n you'll find the 1 extra gps needed to fly in gps mode.
2018-6-26
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4

Blellow Posted at 2018-6-26 16:34
Just fly up above everything n you'll find the 1 extra gps needed to fly in gps mode.

Really? I've heard of fly aways and other bad things happening when flying in Atti. Have you experienced what ur suggesting? (The fly it up higher & u're GPS will kick in)
2018-6-26
Use props
rYu (sparkol)
lvl.2
Flight distance : 568950 ft
Philippines

nucmanchh Posted at 2018-6-26 16:42
Really? I've heard of fly aways and other bad things happening when flying in Atti. Have you experienced what ur suggesting? (The fly it up higher & u're GPS will kick in)

good day. just fly and hover a while and it will search for gps signal. when home point recorded you can assure that your drone will came back once disconnected...
2018-6-26
Use props
fans812df717
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1092280 ft

You did the right thing, don’t’ fly without a solid lock on GPS. Remember too that the available number of satellites is not as important as the signal strength you are receiving, 3 bars or more is recommended. Fly always of Sparks is quite common and to my knowledge DJI has not announced a fix yet. Keep an eye on your bird at all times, in case there goes something wrong and you are in ATTI mode, as long as you have connection you should be able to bring your copter home. Happy flying!
2018-6-26
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

I fly regularly in a wide open rural space and sometimes don't get a GPS lock right away when I turn it on, even with 10 sats. Sometimes I have to launch and let it hover to get a good lock, which it always does within seconds.

Some here swear that without a GPS lock right away, you should power down and move, but I might move all day and not get a good enough lock. I've learned that if I launch Spark, it will find enough sats, so that's what I do.
2018-6-26
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

nucmanchh Posted at 2018-6-26 15:22
I've never flown inside LOL
This is outside. Read again. It finds GPS on second try

DO NOT FLY unless you are an experienced pilot that has flown manually before.
8 sats are not enough.
Most likely you are getting 4 from one system and 4 from another.
Depending on your area, should take 9-12 sats to get a home point set.

Now, if you do not get a home point set within 5-7 minutes, you may be having GPS hardware troubles.

My first Spark would not set a home point for the duration of a battery flying
I have flown for 3 years so I sent it up to troubleshoot.
Turned out to be a bad GPS unit and warranty took care of it.

Please note, if you set off to a new area outside of a few miles/ Km, you will need another 3-5 minutes to lock again.
First lock of a brand new Spark is always the longest - has to see it is not in China anymore
2018-6-26
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4

So far I won't send it up when it doesn't lock onto GPS. I turn it all off and then power it back up and funny how it connects on the second try. Same location. As a matter of fact I stand in the same spot. Nothing changed except I'm connected on the second attempt
2018-6-26
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Maybe an issue with the app accessing the phone's GPS.  I wonder if it is trying to get Satillite data on orbits and times from the GPS signal to the Spark instead of from what your phone's GPS stored.  Mine locked on immediately in the midwest and then when visiting the middle of Florida.  Nor did I have to cal the compass.  Earth's magnetic field the same in both locations?

I stand out away from any structures and do the lion king call while holding the spark aloft in my hand.  Then I double click the battery button and the Spark takes off, hovers, and hands me a beer.
2018-6-26
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

you can check the UAV forecast app, how many satellites youcan have on your position. It's take a minute of 3 to obtain a fix from the satellite so be patience.
2018-6-27
Use props
Wireframe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7441 ft
Germany

First of all - what are the surroundings? Trees / high buildings can cause the interference and delay in catching up with the GPSSecond - how long do you wait? Some satellites take some time to connect. As spark battery life is not that great, I can understand your impatience, but did you try to wait?
Third - did everything you describe happened in the same place or different? If in different places - something may be off
Fourth - well, more of advice, if you are not experienced in ATTI mode, do not practice it in busy surrounding
2018-6-27
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-6-26 19:39
Maybe an issue with the app accessing the phone's GPS.  I wonder if it is trying to get Satillite data on orbits and times from the GPS signal to the Spark instead of from what your phone's GPS stored.  Mine locked on immediately in the midwest and then when visiting the middle of Florida.  Nor did I have to cal the compass.  Earth's magnetic field the same in both locations?

I stand out away from any structures and do the lion king call while holding the spark aloft in my hand.  Then I double click the battery button and the Spark takes off, hovers, and hands me a beer.

Gunship9,

Spark will not access your mobile GPS data until you specifically ask it to do so by setting home to pilot's mobile location on DJI GO App.

What's more, it will not even do it until it itself, set home point first.
2018-6-27
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Wait a bit longer without resetting. It will work.
Spark needs to get enough satellites and download GPS position tables at first.
Perhaps after first start it just managed to lock on several satellites and download some tables.
After second reset, tables were already there and it just acquired additional satellites quickly.

I just wait for a minute or so.
Please do it and report back to us if this worked for you or not.

Mirek
2018-6-27
Use props
fans0945ff98
lvl.1

Canada

The past few days I’ve been having issues with it not locking in and staying in atti mode. Oddly enough, I have three batteries and one of them always locks, while the other two randomly do....or don’t. I like the hover and wait idea...
2018-7-4
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4

fans0945ff98 Posted at 2018-7-4 17:45
The past few days I’ve been having issues with it not locking in and staying in atti mode. Oddly enough, I have three batteries and one of them always locks, while the other two randomly do....or don’t. I like the hover and wait idea...

Hover & wait works. I tried it after suggested here in this thread
2018-7-4
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

You gotta have at least 10 satellites locked on. Change take off location.
2018-7-4
Use props
fans0945ff98
lvl.1

This morning it locked it within seconds... must have a dead sat that causes issues sometimes...
2018-7-6
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3

nucmanchh Posted at 2018-6-26 16:42

If I've learned anything from my short time on this forum it's to never launch the bird without a solid GPS signal.  Sure, it may be fine and some probably do it without issue, but it's not worth the risk IMO.
2018-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules