3461 18 2018-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

Hi all,

Newbie question here. First time drone user and drone owner here.

It appears there is a new Firware update available for the P4P V2.0 though it’s not officially on the specific product’s download page yet.

I’m a bit nervous to upgrade the Firware to be 100% honest about it. I’ve had my drone for about a month now. I’m nearing 6 hours of flawless flight. My concern is that if I update Firware I will start to have issues of some sort. I would think the DJI GO 4 app is gong to hound me each time I connect to my drone until I give in and update.

Does one necessarily have to update? I’d really hate to take my perfectly food P4P V2.0, update it and have ANY issue which I don’t have now.

What do you do. What would you do in my situstion. Newbie and all.

Please advise!

Happy & Safe flying!
2018-6-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Don't touch a thing.
2018-6-26
Use props
RemusK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145869 ft
Sweden

I did the update and already flew 3 times, no issues.
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. First of all, thank you for choosing DJI for your first drone. In regards to your concern about the firmware, yes. It is necessary to update the firmware once new firmware version released. The purpose of having a firmware update is to fix previous bug issues, enhance reliability and add some options to a specific unit. So we really suggest to upgrade it at all times, when new firmware version released.
2018-6-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is the first release of firmware since what the V2.0 was released with. Based on recent advice, it corrects a couple of issues so I'd suggest doing the update. However, to minimise the risk of issues: do the craft update, reset to factory default, and do a refresh i.e. update TWICE. Then if you have other batteries, do further refreshes with each one of those inserted.
Then recalibrate VPS and Gimbal (on a level surface).
2018-6-27
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-27 03:08
Hello there. First of all, thank you for choosing DJI for your first drone. In regards to your concern about the firmware, yes. It is necessary to update the firmware once new firmware version released. The purpose of having a firmware update is to fix previous bug issues, enhance reliability and add some options to a specific unit. So we really suggest to upgrade it at all times, when new firmware version released.

It's required, then suggested...

Like I said I'd really hate to break what isn't broken.
2018-6-27
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
United States

RemusK Posted at 2018-6-26 23:32

I'm glad you're having great results so far with the update.

Could it be you just got lucky? I'm still quite nervous to update.
2018-6-27
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-6-27 14:09
This is the first release of firmware since what the V2.0 was released with. Based on recent advice, it corrects a couple of issues so I'd suggest doing the update. However, to minimise the risk of issues: do the craft update, reset to factory default, and do a refresh i.e. update TWICE. Then if you have other batteries, do further refreshes with each one of those inserted.
Then recalibrate VPS and Gimbal (on a level surface).

Haven't tried yet since I read about all the hassle connecting the V2.0 to the DJI Assistant 2 computer program but I'm guessing we can now successfully connect the computer to the drone?
2018-6-27
Use props
Brantel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 294997 ft
United States

iamjustjohn Posted at 2018-6-27 14:13
Haven't tried yet since I read about all the hassle connecting the V2.0 to the DJI Assistant 2 computer program but I'm guessing we can now successfully connect the computer to the drone?

I did it from the GO 4 App with no issues.

This update is a godsend for me.  It fixed all sorts of compass issues, fixed slow yaw in hover and the braking response bug that many have reported.  Love this update!

Also I have had no issues with DJI Assistant 2 for the Phantom 2.0 just make sure you download and install the correct version as the one for the regular phantom 4 pro won't work.  I used it a while ago to pull logs and to view logs from my P4P 2.0.  The new firmware also shows up on it now instead of the "can't load firmware list" message.

2018-6-27
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

Yeah this update definitely fix a lot of issues with mine I consider this update to be very good .. also updated through the DJI go 4 app took about 15 minutes
2018-6-28
Use props
djiuser_dMAadV8XqAAr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2235417 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I only got my one on Wednesday so it updated out of the box to this version with no issue other than perhaps the fact it is locked to use only 2.4Ghz under Settings HD. My other DJI drone in the UK uses 5.8Ghz as well.
2018-6-28
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74521 ft
United Arab Emirates

I updated as well.  Flew a bit today.  No issues.
2018-6-29
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
United States

Looks like the general concensous is that the update works well.

At least from what I’ve read so far.
2018-6-29
Use props
mikesobola
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46322 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-27 03:08
Hello there. First of all, thank you for choosing DJI for your first drone. In regards to your concern about the firmware, yes. It is necessary to update the firmware once new firmware version released. The purpose of having a firmware update is to fix previous bug issues, enhance reliability and add some options to a specific unit. So we really suggest to upgrade it at all times, when new firmware version released.

Im getting an update firmware message on my screen for my new P4P v2.  There is no firmware listed on the DJi page for P4P v2.  I've looked everywhere.  There's controller firmware update for the Pro+, but nothing for the V2 bird. Help
2018-9-8
Use props
mikesobola
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46322 ft
United States

RemusK Posted at 2018-6-26 23:32

Im getting an update firmware message on my screen for my new P4P v2.  There is no firmware listed on the DJi page for P4P v2.  I've looked everywhere.  There's controller firmware update for the Pro+, but nothing for the V2 bird. Help
2018-9-8
Use props
RemusK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145869 ft
Sweden

mikesobola@veri Posted at 2018-9-8 17:35
Im getting an update firmware message on my screen for my new P4P v2.  There is no firmware listed on the DJi page for P4P v2.  I've looked everywhere.  There's controller firmware update for the Pro+, but nothing for the V2 bird. Help

The update is pushed within the DJI Go app.
After the first update, you will get the list in the application on computer.
2018-9-17
Use props
Charliechan12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 709 ft
United States

I installed the update, cycled the power on both items. Took it outside and had green gps light. Tried the auto takeoff and the phantom starting going higher and higher, I applied full stick down and finally got it to stop climbing and landed it.  First time it’s ever done this and I’m thinking update problem.
2018-10-11
Use props
Hotas J Kilo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 337703 ft
Finland

Charliechan12 Posted at 2018-10-11 17:18
I installed the update, cycled the power on both items. Took it outside and had green gps light. Tried the auto takeoff and the phantom starting going higher and higher, I applied full stick down and finally got it to stop climbing and landed it.  First time it’s ever done this and I’m thinking update problem.

I am new to drones and so use normally always the auto takeoff.
Have always updated latest firmware (last on 10th Oct) and have experienced no issues in auto takeoff before or after the update.

However, I use typically the precision takeoff, which will take the drone much higher than normal takeoff. To 6m. Should be left hovering there.
2018-10-12
Use props
Charliechan12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 709 ft
United States

I wish somehow I could go back.  Installed a second time using Assiant 2 Nd usb with pc. Still same plus noticing twitching in the phantom during hover.  Never, never did that before.  I am concerned.
2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules