DJI Please fix the bugged.0400 firmware this is unfair.
2329 30 2018-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jerrytko1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 280722 ft
United Kingdom

DJI are you ever going to release fix for this messed up .0400 firmware. It is lots of us with Drifting problem and unstable flying. Motor current messages. It is almost two months now with isssue. We payed lots of money for this drone and now every time we use it there is a risk of losing the drone because of the bugs in firmware.  I personally had many drifting experiences. And it is very unpleasant when your drone is moving by it self. Know for sure that firmware before this one was rock solid so messing up something what worked perfectly and then leaving us for weeks without any fix is not very nice.
2018-6-26
Use props
cspain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Their engineers are all too busy writing bugs...sorry..features for the secret new Mavic II that is coming out next month
https://dronedj.com/2018/06/15/d ... pro-2-announcement/
2018-6-27
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

I hear you, and right there with you! I've experienced the entire gauntlet of bugs on my MA, and even the second MA I purchased for testing, and I have a LONG thread about it:

Threads detailing SERIOUS issue with Mavic Air FW v01.00.0400
2018-6-27
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

cspain Posted at 2018-6-27 08:11
Their engineers are all too busy writing bugs...sorry..features for the secret new Mavic II that is coming out next month
https://dronedj.com/2018/06/15/dji-would-like-you-to-see-the-bigger-picture-on-july-18th-possible-mavic-pro-2-announcement/

I waaaant one (maybe) BUT am I willing to go through perhaps similar MA growing issues (bugs)? My MA flies "ok" I guess, cough cough.

And how much am I willing to pay for said self imposed drone S & M? This is if DJI takes the "MP2" down a similar twisted path of MA .......Hmmmm. I really really like my MPP, it flies soooo NICE and if this thing is just an upgrade to an MPP......Dang, decisions decisions.

So if it is just a MPP upgrade, and I do get one, perhaps promise myself to leave in wrapped in the boxed sealed till Christmas. Never come back here till opening day and then on the day of, just before Santa comes........check the treads.   

I'm falling for the bait........The tastier worm comes in July BUT, barb'd hook or barbless....errrr, features, yes.

Signing off for the day, world renouned DJI drone guinea pig test pilot/experimental group participant, N.I.G.

2018-6-27
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Video lag, Video freeze, No signal almost every flight. Presently telling everyone that ask NOT to buy DJI. Before 0.400, no problem.
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. We are very sorry for this inconvenience this has caused you. This concern has been forwarded to our Developer Team. I highly recommend checking our official DJI website as we will post it immediately once the firmware version is available for this aircraft. Again, I am sorry for this trouble.
2018-6-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-27 11:00
Hello. We are very sorry for this inconvenience this has caused you. This concern has been forwarded to our Developer Team. I highly recommend checking our official DJI website as we will post it immediately once the firmware version is available for this aircraft. Again, I am sorry for this trouble.

Thanks for the notification.
2018-6-27
Use props
mercurius11
lvl.1

Netherlands

totally agree. Mine MA is stored for weeks now, too afraid to use the craft.
Also totally disappointed in the standard DJI answers.....
2018-6-27
Use props
LookAt_Wictim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2621982 ft
Slovakia

Hello. We are very sorry for this inconvenience this has caused you. This concern has been forwarded to our Developer Team. I highly recommend checking our official DJI website as we will post it immediately once the firmware version is available for this aircraft. Again, I am sorry for this trouble.

standard dji answer... let us roll back to previous fw for now im going on a trip and i cannot use my drone because i have many problems that are described here on the forum....
2018-6-27
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

mercurius11@ziggo.nl Posted at 2018-6-27 11:14
totally agree. Mine MA is stored for weeks now, too afraid to use the craft.
Also totally disappointed in the standard DJI answers.....

Every time one of these "admins" from DJI waltzes in and gives these canned responses, I feel insulted and upset...

I've had enough of these hollow responses on a peace mail basis...
2018-6-27
Use props
UAVNV
lvl.2

United States

Every time one of these "admins" from DJI waltzes in and gives these canned responses, I feel insulted and upset...

It's meant to lower your expectations, hopefully, you'll learn to accept... a little less.
2018-6-27
Use props
mercurius11
lvl.1

Netherlands

All understood. When buying "a toy" of 1.000,- I expect(ed) more.

One thing is clear for me. NEVER NEVER  a DJI product any more. There are alternatives!  In the mean time, I keep spreading the news to anyone who is interested to buy a MA drone, NOT to do so.

DJI WHAT A JOKE . I have a product (under warranty)  which I CAN NOT  use, because of the high risk to loose/damage it.
2018-6-28
Use props
djiuser_1a0ANIeB1jgI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10377 ft
Spain

Dji mejor no decir nada antes que dar esas respuesta tan robotica.
Parece unas respuestas de una maquina y no de una persona.
Dji mejor no digais nada.
2018-6-28
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Not belittling yours & many others who have problems but, I’m using .0400 & Go 4.2.21 on an iPad 2018 and my MA is flying perfectly
2018-6-28
Use props
djiuser_1a0ANIeB1jgI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10377 ft
Spain

En mi caso va todo perfecto tambien
2018-6-28
Use props
AirMancer
lvl.1
Turkey

A lot of people from all over the world have been waiting and waiting and waiting... for a FIX. Is this why we paid a lot of money to this drone ? Just to put on our desks as a functionless toy figure ?! The funny thing is that no one from DJI ensures that the issues that came up with the 0400 FW will be solved with the next one.
2018-6-28
Use props
Barbegrigio
lvl.1
Italy

I can't say I have had any of these problems with mine.
2018-6-28
Use props
lizzard
lvl.2
Germany

Me neither
2018-6-28
Use props
HoosierT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93219 ft
United States

Me neither, still flying like a champ.
2018-6-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

mercurius11@ziggo.nl Posted at 2018-6-28 00:42
All understood. When buying "a toy" of 1.000,- I expect(ed) more.

One thing is clear for me. NEVER NEVER  a DJI product any more. There are alternatives!  In the mean time, I keep spreading the news to anyone who is interested to buy a MA drone, NOT to do so.

As you say you have a product under warranty so you can just return it for replacement, the vast majority are using their MavAir without any problems, why should you be any different.

2018-6-28
Use props
Robxxx
lvl.2

Poland

Hey, DJI move your ass and fix bugs in MA!!!
2018-6-28
Use props
jerrytko1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

My is flying fine but is the first few minutes after take off you never know what is going to happen and it drifts pretty much every time. And then is the motor messages which just put your confidence right to bottom. I know some lucky individuals have no issues at all and before .0400 update my was perfect. No issue at all.
2018-6-28
Use props
Rblomqvist
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

From what I understand most MA owners do NOT experience any major issues while many do, especially after upgrading to .0400.
And for those who experience problems, I think "lack of trust" and "lack of response" from DJI are 2 of the biggest concerns. Many times refreshing everything several times fix the problems (at least for a while)

While I still have some issues such as poor video reception and it turning by itself sometimes, I have no major issues and is still flying it. But my trust level is pretty low and I don't dare flying it the way I would like to (or expect).
DJI canned replies here on the forum is not really helping. About 2 month ago, we were told DJI had a fix to .0400 in the works (not sure what problems they aimed solving) but since then nothing but canned replies saying "we are sorry for your problems and will let the engineers know". DJI, if you read this, please acknowledge (or deny) the problems and let us know if/when to expect an update and what it is aimed to solve.  
2018-6-28
Use props
jerrytko1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Could you tell me where on DJI website i can see what firmware is the latest because I can’t find anything about update only the DJI assistant. If possible sent me a link.  Thank you.
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jerrytko1 Posted at 2018-6-28 10:33
Could you tell me where on DJI website i can see what firmware is the latest because I can’t find anything about update only the DJI assistant. If possible sent me a link.  Thank you.

Here are the links that you are requesting for the latest firmware of Mavic AIr. You may also see the image below.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf

2018-6-28
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-27 11:31

DJI to my knowledge has never admitted or commented that these errors exist!  It's been about 1 year since these errors began on the MP, and now the MA
2018-6-28
Use props
jerrytko1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-28 10:42
Here are the links that you are requesting for the latest firmware of Mavic AIr. You may also see the image below.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads

Thank you Natalia
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

You are most welcome.
2018-6-28
Use props
lolsquid321
lvl.3
Flight distance : 693406 ft

updated my mavic air when i got it straight to .400 and have no issues at all, ive even flown it to a mile and a half  with winds picking up and she came home just fine (using an s8+, and some times a Note8)
2018-7-2
Use props
TVRamiro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32940 ft
United Kingdom

I not only had issues with it, but my drone committed suicide by running sideways by its own and not responding to my inputs.

Drone was lost at sea due to this and couldn't be covered by the Refresh Care so had to go through warranty, which was an absolute headache and it took me a few weeks of back an forth trying to demonstrate my innocence, went through 2 support teams, escalation team and they were all blaming me. I had to do my own analysis (luckily I'm a technical guy) and show them proof that it was the MA at fault. Finally got my replacement, but now my confidence is destroyed, I don't feel comfortable on flying it too far away and even so I already had a signal lost on a perfectly open area.

An absolute disaster, a very expensive product that cannot do what it's advertised for and a poor customer support whenever you need them the most. I'll be hesitant to take the drone on my next trip, I'll probably stick to my GoPros, they can go as far as I'm willing to take the Mavic Air.
2018-7-2
Use props
DJIFlo2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208140 ft
United States

Same here. MA drifted sideways not responding to stick inputs. Crashed. Was replaced under warranty. Never had issues prior to 0400.
2018-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules