12Next >
11042 57 2018-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Got some SPAM in the mailbox from a known seller, extolling the virtues of new propellers for both the Mavic and Phantom 4 series:

"Make your drone stand out in the sky with these rechargeable LED propellers available for the DJI Mavic Air, Mavic Pro & Platinum, and Phantom 4 Series. These LED flash props make night flying more fun than ever before without losing the quality of DJI stock propellers! These rotating LED color propellers for the DJI Mavic and Phantom 4 Series generate 5 different color bright circles with good performance. Try these out for summer entertainment, the Fourth of July Holiday, or adding LED long-exposure photography to your drone photography! "

I wonder if they are any good, especially wrt balance and weight?  (OI admit I am more than just a bit concerned...)
mavic_air_led_props_main.jpg
2018-6-27
Use props
Joreto
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Just curious, if someone already tried them to share the experience.
Thank you!
2018-6-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I think I'll stick with the ones I'm using.  
2018-6-27
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Must have a fairly bad effect on both aerodynamics and prop balance with them just on one side!
2018-6-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You light up my life. Hahaha

I though it was illegal to fly after sun set? Ha

RedHotPoker
2018-6-27
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

It's definitely not low noise props for your P4P with the unevenness of the blade. But they must surely to be see at your night flying. The durability I do not know on the props.

Who is sending you SPAM mails ?   

Regards Leif.
2018-6-27
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Landbo Posted at 2018-6-27 10:06
It's definitely not low noise props for your P4P with the unevenness of the blade. But they must surely to be see at your night flying. The durability I do not know on the props.

Who is sending you SPAM mails ?   

somebody from Yorba Linda -it seems they subscribed me †o something called Facebook Giveaway, but hopefully I just managed to unsubscribe.  I certainly wouldn't buy from an American based company...
2018-6-27
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Antonio76 Posted at 2018-6-27 12:13
somebody from Yorba Linda -it seems they subscribed me †o something called Facebook Giveaway, but hopefully I just managed to unsubscribe.  I certainly wouldn't buy from an American based company...

Thank you for the information. Hope you avoid more ads from that page.

Yes USA is one of the world's most expensive countries to buy goods from when you live in Denmark. There are the European countries usually cheaper.

But it would be nice with such a set of probs on a dark winter evening / night.   

Regards Leif.
2018-6-27
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

No way I'd put up a $1600 drone with non-DJI branded props I don't care how cool they look.
2018-6-27
Use props
Markon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1296585 ft
Australia

iamjustjohn Posted at 2018-6-27 14:43
No way I'd put up a $1600 drone with non-DJI branded props I don't care how cool they look.

couldn't agree more....
2018-6-27
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Hahaha i wont even use the low noise props on my drone.
These would be no different than putting 3 blade props on deffinatly a no no.
2018-6-27
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-6-27 07:43
You light up my life. Hahaha
https://youtu.be/NptDKlmPeTE
I though it was illegal to fly after sun set? Ha

With those night flying is legal.   
2018-6-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I would be more concerned with the balance than anything else.
2018-6-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-6-27 16:34
With those night flying is legal.

lol  I think you need to qualify that with a country and maybe some other details...
2018-6-27
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-6-27 17:05
lol  I think you need to qualify that with a country and maybe some other details...

I'm emailing the FAA now to get the approval.
2018-6-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-6-27 18:16
I'm emailing the FAA now to get the approval.

Good luck, let us know how that pans out. Golden, hopefully. Fingers crossed.

RedHotPoker
2018-6-27
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-6-27 16:29
Hahaha i wont even use the low noise props on my drone.
These would be no different than putting 3 blade props on deffinatly a no no.

Why not? do you mean the new ones DJI just brought out for the P4P V2.0?
2018-6-27
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-6-27 16:29
Hahaha i wont even use the low noise props on my drone.
These would be no different than putting 3 blade props on deffinatly a no no.

"wont even use the low noise props on my drone"
Why not, they were made for the P4 series and so far is reported as being a success.

For the 3 blade, i would like a set made for the P4P even more as i think they would have the same lift with shorter blades with the result that we would have less shots with props in the frame. Low noise 3 blade is on my dream list.

An older thread of those can be found here.

I would worry of the balance and inertia using those, they must weight a lot more than the genuine even the battery is centered. I do like the idea, think it would be looking nice with even more leds making up a four element POV display but not very useful for the camera use in the dark.
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. Thank you for the information. I just want to remind you that using 3rd party devices can affect the performance of the Drone. If you will be putting LED lights on the propellers. The weight of the LED might affect the propellers performance and might damage the Drone.
2018-6-29
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-6-29 09:06
Hi. Thank you for the information. I just want to remind you that using 3rd party devices can affect the performance of the Drone. If you will be putting LED lights on the propellers. The weight of the LED might affect the propellers performance and might damage the Drone.

I agree, especially after looking at the video... not just a matter of balance but mainly of overall mass  (LEDs, wiring, rechargeable battery, connector to the battery etc...)  certainly make ii heavier than the original one. I wouldn't risk my P4P for the sake of an airborne light carousel...
2018-6-29
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-27 19:30
Why not? do you mean the new ones DJI just brought out for the P4P V2.0?

Why not ?   Hmmmm the fact that i have an abundance of spare regular props.
The noise factor doesnt bother me and ive not had any complaints yet about noise.
The sound the drone makes actually helps me find the drone if i happen to loose sight of it.
I feel there is still a little controversy about the esc, does the v2 have the exact same design esc or are there slight differences ?
My drone has cost me over $3000 im not going to risk loosing it by putting on props that arent original.
Ive listened to all you more experienced guys talk about alot off things and learnt one very important lesson that is never change things from its original design or intentions.
I am yet to see any proof that the low noise props improve performance, on the contrary ive seen a few threads stating that performance/flight times decrease slightly.
As far as these led props are concerned well here in oz its illegal for me to fly at night anyway without the proper licence and permishion so why would i put a massive beacon on my drone saying look at me im an idiot. Not to mention the fact that these props as mentioned must be heavier and the balance would be questionable.
The 3 blade props. Have you considered the extra strain on the esc with back wash drag and any other airodynamic issues that would be involved, im no aeronautical engineer so im not going to try and state facts but im sure having a 3rd blade on your props must put extra load on the esc's.
So really i guess it all comes down to personall preference, i prefer to keep my drone in original condition.
Ive already had to send my drone in twice for repairs on unrelated issues to this and had to be without it for 12 weeks in total im not going to risk having to send it in a 3rd time.
2018-6-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You are writing as though the v2 props are not made by dji,
the noise is only 1db quieter, its the sound of that noise thats at a lower pitch,
even if there is a difference in esc, its only marginalally but its enough when used in conjunction with the v2 props.
ive not heard of anyone say anything about performance improvements, i dont think there is any performance difference for any drone less than the v2,  

DJI themselves state thats these props are for the P4 range, thats D J I,  you know of whom i speak, the ones that built your drone ;)  

Ive listened to all you more experienced guys talk about alot off things and learnt one very important lesson that is never change things from its original design or intentions.

Im not overly convinced the more experienced guys/girls meant any thing made by DJI thats states for use on your DJI product ;)
You already have a lot of standrd props, fair enough good enough reason but, evidently your flying leaves a lot to be desired if you need that many spares, thats  a joke, i too have at least 5 sets of standard and 1 set of v2's

But all that is moot now see as you have changed your reply and now removed the comment about not even oing to use the new v2 props

I didnt ask about the LED ones, i wouldnt be so daft as to try them.

2018-6-30
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-6-30 19:37
You are writing as though the v2 props are not made by dji,
the noise is only 1db quieter, its the sound of that noise thats at a lower pitch,
even if there is a difference in esc, its only marginalally but its enough when used in conjunction with the v2 props.

The main point  i was trying to make was that i see no point in changing my props from those that i originally had.
I only have 3 sets of props and so far ive not broken a prop yet, so my flying i think is quite good and responsible.
I have also purchased other spare parts just in case and hopefully i will never need to use those either.
I was not trying to write as tho dji did not make the v2 props that would be absurd.
I have deleted nothing from this thread.
2018-7-2
Use props
TheKJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 344085 ft
United Kingdom

I swear everyone here is just saying why they would not put LED Props on their Drone hahahahah This is too funny
2018-7-2
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Strange HG, the line about the low noise props is back in there now.....
2018-7-2
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>

I reckon this would be the go. Might be heavy on the proposal but
2018-7-2
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

sky wombat Posted at 2018-7-2 21:26
I reckon this would be the go. Might be heavy on the proposal but
[view_image]

That sure would make the aircraft visible but a total no-go here, due to a few months with close to no rain, we are not even allowed to grill our steaks anymore in most of the country and for sure a sparkling drone would properly send us directly behind bars.

This years popular vacation destination seem to be Costa Kalundborg. (DK internal joke)
2018-7-2
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-7-2 22:36
That sure would make the aircraft visible but a total no-go here, due to a few months with close to no rain, we are not even allowed to grill our steaks anymore in most of the country and for sure a sparkling drone would properly send us directly behind bars.

This years popular vacation destination seem to be Costa Kalundborg. (DK internal joke)

DMI says it's going to be dry  and hot some more... but here in Nordjylland  we can still have a lawful barbecue on the shores of Costa Limfjord
2018-7-3
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft
United States

LED low noise Props

Geebax Posted at 2018-6-27 16:57
I would be more concerned with the balance than anything else.

I purchased a set of the low noise LED blades for my V2.0 via amazon because if they were junk i could send them back. Believe it or not they are very balanced .. I have a prop balancing block i use for my planes. anyway i'm not saying all those LED props are balanced and that it would fly any distance with them on but just cruising around the yard and within a 100 feet or so seems to be fine. They do how ever have a bit of movement when installed on motors . They work great for just messing around very close.
Thats my thought on LED props well at least the ones i got... I would not trust them like you do on oem props.. NOPE ! night flying is not permitted in some areas above the tree lines and within 100yards.
2018-8-23
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-6-30 13:44
Why not ?   Hmmmm the fact that i have an abundance of spare regular props.
The noise factor doesnt bother me and ive not had any complaints yet about noise.
The sound the drone makes actually helps me find the drone if i happen to loose sight of it.

I bought them. I flew around and the noise was much less. I have an Obsidian, and the quiet props are white. At first I really liked the noise reduction but after awhile, I went back to the standard props. Mainly because I realized I don’t really give a squat about the sound. Like you, it makes it easier to spot if I lose sight of it for a second. If I want quiet, I’ll fly my Mavic.

Jeff
2018-8-23
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sometimes that buzz can be the sweetest sound in the world if you're afraid it's not coming back.
2018-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Recall: I had momentarily lost sight of my drone,  Be~Fore I had Lume Cubes!  (BF)

Was flying back following the green line, that shows the shortest distance between the two points, as the drone flys.

And suddenly, I could hear it above us, was way up there too, likely well beyond today’s legal restrictive height. But what a relief...

Checked the battery level, and took off again, finishing the present mission.... haha

I have respect for my noisy props.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-23
Use props
n55w132
lvl.2
Flight distance : 312890 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-23 07:52
Recall: I had momentarily lost sight of my drone,  Be~Fore I had Lume Cubes!  (BF)

Was flying back following the green line, that shows the shortest distance between the two points, as the drone flys.

Hey I like the sound too! I have both sets and I am looking for that web site that sells the whistle props that sound like a turbine engine  
2018-10-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

n55w132 Posted at 2018-10-17 21:46
Hey I like the sound too! I have both sets and I am looking for that web site that sells the whistle props that sound like a turbine engine

That’s funny. At a time when people are requesting quieter rotors, we prefer ours louder. Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-10-17
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing.
2018-10-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-10-17 23:35
Nicely done - thanks again for sharing.

Thank you, for partcipating on the forum. Ha

RedHotPoker

2018-10-18
Use props
djiuser_MaEriR4CzRCu
New
Flight distance : 9698 ft
United States

I bought 2 pairs of these for my Mavic Air. I also have the ones which go on the prop guards. I thought I would take them to the playa, but I ended up not going this year due to sudden unforseen circumstances. :-(
Besides, the more I think about it the more I think the entire idea was whack. Do I really want that alkali dust all up in every crevice of my shiny new Mavic Air? No.  Besides which it turns out that flying with all the lights on is nerve-wracking. Only have tried to fly one time with all that ... on, and in addition to all the normal preflight stuff, add turning on each prop, clipping four connectors into the batteries (are the clips that hold the batteries coming loose?) ... etc. Fuck all that. I realize I'm complaining mostly about the prop guard lights, but they're all of a piece. Not worth it at all. As I type this, I wonder if my Amazon return window is still open.
2019-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Please refrain from using vulgar or obscene language. Thanks.

It’s a family oriented forum. Awesome.

RedHotPoker
2019-8-23
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 8-23 19:00
Please refrain from using vulgar or obscene language. Thanks.

It’s a family oriented forum. Awesome.

? ??  ??? ???? ?????
2019-8-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Antonio76 Posted at 8-25 00:13
? ??  ??? ???? ?????

Post #46 if you can’t read...

Get with it, ok? Thanks. Hahaha