Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
LED propellers???
10972 57 2018-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 8-25 01:37
Post #46 if you can’t read...

Get with it, ok? Thanks. Hahaha

Ah, I see... It would have been easier to understand if yours had been an answer to that post (showing what it was actually about), instead of a generic posting :-)
2019-8-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Antonio76 Posted at 8-26 01:08
Ah, I see... It would have been easier to understand if yours had been an answer to that post (showing what it was actually about), instead of a generic posting :-)

Easy enough to read backwards,  Anyways...

RedHotPoker
2019-8-26
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-8-26
Use props
SunshynFF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30010 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-23 07:52
Recall: I had momentarily lost sight of my drone,  Be~Fore I had Lume Cubes!  (BF)

Was flying back following the green line, that shows the shortest distance between the two points, as the drone flys.

You're on here posting about what a joke the led lights are and you wasted your money on Lume cubes?? HAHAHAHHAHAHA,  what a joke, you can get lights just as, if not brighter, and way less weight, for probably 20% of what you paid for those rip offs.  So you basically paid for the ability to turn the lights on n off with your phone, good job!
2019-10-18
Use props
SunshynFF
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-6-27 17:05
lol  I think you need to qualify that with a country and maybe some other details...

Well in the U.S. it's perfectly legal to fly at night, as long as you're a hobbyist, you're not flying BVLOS and your flying under the safety guidelines of your local club or in lieu of that are an AMA member and following their hobbyists rules and regs.  If you have your 107 then you can apply for a waiver to fly at night. Does that qualify as "other details"?
2019-10-18
Use props
SunshynFF
lvl.1
United States

Joreto Posted at 2018-6-27 07:34
Just curious, if someone already tried them to share the experience.
Thank you!

I am sure you have passed on these by now, with all the curmudgeons on here telling you the fancy new shiny things are bad...lol.  I've got a set of these for my mavic pro, and my P4 before I sold it, and also have a set of the programmable ones for my mavic pro that display words.  I helped run the drone program at our fire dept before I retired and now run a small drone business doing the usual wedding and real estate stuff, but also have a rig for getting stuck drones out of trees, a lighting rig for night photo shoots and for search and rescue ops (I still volunteer with local fire and police)   I test ALL OF MY PROPS, whether they are from DJI or third party, I don't trust any of my aircraft to props I haven't personally had on the bench and tested myself with a proper balance test.

I tested these and one pair tested better than stock DJI props.  The company is not dumb, it's probably a subsidiary of DJI anyway, they realize that the led lights are only on one blade (whoever made that comment) and counter balanced the other blade with a tad more weight.  By tad, I mean very little, one of my sets, the led started to come off, (it's a thin strip, attached to blade using adhesive) It was due to me not putting the props in their case and rubbing during transport.  Anyway, I took that prop out of commission, peeled the strip off to see what it weighed, it was appx 0.32g, so they're pretty darn light. What worried me more was the center hub where the watch type batteries are stored, but they did a good job of keeping it all center massed.  That's why they went with rechargeable batteries, because they didn't want people cranking on the tiny screws and yanking and pushing batteries, messing up that center piece.  Hope this helps, happy flying!!
2019-10-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

SunshynFF Posted at 10-18 20:39
You're on here posting about what a joke the led lights are and you wasted your money on Lume cubes?? HAHAHAHHAHAHA,  what a joke, you can get lights just as, if not brighter, and way less weight, for probably 20% of what you paid for those rip offs.  So you basically paid for the ability to turn the lights on n off with your phone, good job!

I think coloured lights on props is very cool.  Yes, Very cool, especially on a 700 scale helicopter, like the one I’m building now. ;-) But I want to see pictures and words printed out on the spinning props..

As far as Lume Cubes, I think you better quit, make me feel like shjt. Haha,
I hope you know I got a chain saw, so come and get it... hahaha listening to some hard core rap on the YouTube

So yeah I suppose at 66 years, my eye sight ain’t what it used to be. But yeah, there were a few times flying in a large park here in the capital city, where I got out a bit far, and was either distracted by pleasant observers. Or had glanced down at the screen, and when looking back up, had totally lost sight of her. I was not only nervous but embarrassed as well.

We are fortunate to have drones that have more intelligence built into them, than we often give them credit for. It’s interesting to look down at the big screen and have seen your travel and distance on the map, and a straight line, as the drone flys. I was able to fly back and then hear the drone, even before we could see it. But it was way up above us. I must have been flying out, and up at the same time.

Once I had my VLOS and checked the battery, I continued flying and enjoy the scenery along the way.
But Then my flying style changed, and I was spending more time at the ERCHA flying field. It’s near some beautiful farm land and areas of natural beauty, and I desired to fly out farther and collect more video.
The Lume Cubes were introduced to me , from some friends who live in LA. They thought I would appreciate some headlights for my drone. Once I bought mine, the VLOS probably quadrupled, You can see them Lume Cubes blinking and twinkling, even in the brightest sunlight, at much farther distances than you can believe or appreciate without seeing it in person. I think it’s great, to have spent the money and got all the rewards for my efforts, because they sent me free tee shirts, three ball caps and the housing the holds all the various coloured filters and honeycomb for different lighting effects. Affects? Reflects. ;-) reflex.

But these over priced LEDs are jam packed with much more functionally than a simple dimmable light.  They have the threaded bottom which give them the ability to connect to most tripods or cameras. They can be used in a multitude of photography methods and uses. You would have to have the app on your device to see all the user friendly parameters. They have recently added some nifty strobes specific for drones, to their other, ever growing arsenal of awesome products. https://lumecube.com/collections/drone-products/products/strobe
Nothing's cheap today, but if you want to buy quality spend the money and be happy with your purchase. Personally, I’ve never bought cheap products or services. I have never ever even picked up a cheap Street Walker. I’m a simple person who lives a basic self righteous life. Single, live alone, so I love buying quality products. Services too. Lume Cubes are great. Don’t put them down, because of cost, as they are hefty little cubes jammed full of fun. A lot of potential in the right hands. More for those who wish for a little more light on the subject.  Much more light...

You can select different brightness settings through the app, 1%-100%. The duration of time you would like the Lume Cube to be on can be set as well. Through the duration feature, you can also select different strobe speeds. Viewable from the app is the battery life and signal connectivity of your Lume Cubes to the app. The red eye sensor and the optical sensor features can also be turned on and off via the app.

RedHotPoker

2019-10-18
Use props
Filip Kyzek
lvl.4
Czechia

I don't think that it is safe. It will probably fly but it will use a lot more battery. It can be cool to take a photo with it on the drone but not for regular flying. Have a nice day!
2019-10-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

iamjustjohn Posted at 2018-6-27 14:43
No way I'd put up a $1600 drone with non-DJI branded props I don't care how cool they look.

Some people would never skydive, no matter how cool it is.  It doesn't mean it's bad.
2019-10-19
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

TheKJ Posted at 2018-7-2 04:12
I swear everyone here is just saying why they would not put LED Props on their Drone hahahahah  This is too funny

It's not that, they are scared to not put DJI genuine props on their DJI drone.
2019-10-19
Use props
JB63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A while back I put a ring LED (below) together with an Arduino Nano and battery. You can program a lot of light effects. I tried getting power directly from the USB on the Mavic Air but could not. Ended up adding a small battery. Plus, those programmable LEDs do not consume much.
2019-10-19
Use props
JB63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

As much as I like the LumeCube brightness and them increasing VLOS, I think at $50 a piece those are way overpriced. I can mock-up something as bright with some off-the-shelf LEDs and an arduino for far less.
If they lowered the price towards something a bit more 'reasonable', then I'm confident they'll increase the adoption rate.
2019-10-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Buy the light version with no Bluetooth connectivity.

Why are people so concerned about what other people spend for quality?

I think it’s only poor folks who have that attitude.

RedHotPoker
2019-10-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

Dont do it!
2019-10-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Duh!! Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2019-10-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

SunshynFF Posted at 10-18 20:55
Well in the U.S. it's perfectly legal to fly at night, as long as you're a hobbyist, you're not flying BVLOS and your flying under the safety guidelines of your local club or in lieu of that are an AMA member and following their hobbyists rules and regs.  If you have your 107 then you can apply for a waiver to fly at night. Does that qualify as "other details"?

Yes, that narrows things down very nicely.  Well done.  However, there still may be night flying restrictions within the USA depending on your location.  For example, if you're a hobbyist and planning to launch from within the DC SFRA, you may not fly at night per NOTAM FDC 6/2069.  
2019-10-23
Use props
SunshynFF
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 10-23 12:06
Yes, that narrows things down very nicely.  Well done.  However, there still may be night flying restrictions within the USA depending on your location.  For example, if you're a hobbyist and planning to launch from within the DC SFRA, you may not fly at night per NOTAM FDC 6/2069.

It did narrow things down nicely, that is why I posted it.  Of course there are going to be restrictions, I didn't say anyone, at anytime could fly wherever they wanted.  Depending on your location, you may have restrictions at any time of the day, 365 days a year.  You may be next to an airport, or at national monument on federal property, or in your bathroom doing your morning business, where there's just no room to fly a drone safely.  So what was the point of your comment?
2019-10-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Just Fart for instant liftoff and brief hover... hahaha

RedHotPoker
2019-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now