5689 90 2018-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-27 13:53
I have no idea what ON YER BIKE means but it sounds nice in this context ;-)

Something along the lines of "go forth and multiply" ;-)
2018-6-27
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Oh just report him for violation of the rules of the forum and be done with him.  
2018-6-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Aardvark Posted at 2018-6-27 14:11

Go forth ok, but multiply???
2018-6-27
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-6-27 14:11

NO!!!  He should not multiply!!!  just GO!
2018-6-27
Use props
Kevin79
Second Officer
Flight distance : 270899 ft
United States

This thread was a hoot but this guy is thinking small if he wants any serious backers. Now Personally, my plan is to wait until July 18th and hope DJI DOES NOT reveal a Mavic 2 as their new drone. With all the hype I bet I could start a lawsuit and get 1000 backers on day one for having their “hopes and dreams” shattered.
2018-6-27
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft

I'm glad there are NFZs.  There are way too many idiots who cannot help themselves other wise we wouldn't need them at all.
2018-6-27
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

https://www.dataprivacyandsecuri ... er-firmware-update/
https://jrupprechtlaw.com/drone-lawsuits-litigation
2018-6-27
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

I can easily correlate this with the gun industry.  Some idiot goes out and kills someone and the anti gun people go after the gun industry.  Where is the logic in that.  DJI is no different.  Why go after them?  They can't help how their drones are used.  They try to install safeguards within reason.  I for one applaud them for that. The buck stops with me, not DJI.
2018-6-27
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

If you were going to launch a serious complaint, take the issue of no resolution to the loose props on the Inspire 2.

But Pain and suffering over NFZs.... REALLY????
2018-6-27
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i dislike how Dji handles it for simple reason that they assume zero liability and responsibility, yet they remove pilot control and override it to stop me or land or whatever action it may take that i didnt command it to take, they then expect me to assume complete and full responsibility, which i would accept if i was in complete control, but when they rip that from my hands, i no longer am..i no longer assume responability either.

here is a couple options i believe Dji should take or consider:

1. limit flights to 25 feet high in NFZ, with a max distance limit of 100m, disable sport mode,  disable active tracking so no one can trick it into following a plane or something..  and trigger fail safe as landing instead of atti or RTH, so no fly away into an airport or airspace..  it extremely unlikely any manned aircraft operating only 25 feet off the ground unless they are trimming the trees with their aircraft...

2. revert backward to a airspace awareness system, remove the virtual fencing and just let the pilots be pilots if they decide to be bone heads and fly into a plane, that's 110% on them and dji doesn't have to pretend to be mother or father and nanny us.

i think #1 is the best of both worlds, it allows you to fly drone and not miss an opportunity and possibly a paycheck,  because dji said no even tho never going to be above the trees to begin with for a wedding video/photo.  plus it denies you the ability to be a risk while still giving you as a pilot some freedoms.  and finally, less of a need for jailbreak community to revert NFZ system for legitimate usage so be less pressure from them fighting back if there is less need.
2018-6-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I for sure hope DJI will implement even more safety measures.
Why?
Because some of the people that use their products seem not to have any respect for any law and that does affect all of the other 'good' pilots.
I know I don't like the notifications from time to time, but this is a serious hobby that can cause a lot of damage in the wrong hands / places.
So please DJI, keep up the good work!
(indeed, the current implementation of NFZ is not as good as you might expect from a company that makes such nice products)
2018-6-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You want to take a multi billion dollar Chinese organisation to court and place them in the dock to face a law suit because you bought a product from them that restricts irresponsible conduct with the product they sell in order to ensure aviation laws are not broken and to uphold public safety... Interesting.
No doubt one of the highest paid legal teams in either country will cross examine you and ask why you want geo fencing to be disengaged that will allow you to break aviation law - what will your reply be? What is your motive for needing that?
Let's also be clear that geo fencing is stated in their product literature - you as the consumer research the product and make a decision if that suits your needs. I think you need a reality check - no court will hear this and just as well as guess who will win and guess what the loser has to do - pay ALL the legal fees on both sides... I hope you're a millionaire to cover that - though I kind of get the impression that you're not. Good luck on your quest - you are going to need it.
2018-6-28
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

If this wasn’t so laughable I’d suggest that this was an Africsn based “give me your bank details & I’ll send you a million dollars” scam!
2018-6-28
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

It took some time but now I am OK with the restrictions that prevent me from "stupid". Those limitations seem to protect the PIC and the public. Sorry you may be hard pressed to find 100.
2018-6-28
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

This thread is why i come to this forum....not really i just wanted more posting points lol
2018-6-28
Use props
Wireframe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7441 ft
Russia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-27 10:52
Sorry to say, but there are a few persons on here who apparently need professional assistance for their condition and it is clearly not a lawyer who could take care of that.

I have read the further well, let's say discussion, and must say that this is VERY mildly put.
2018-6-28
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Simmo1 Posted at 2018-6-27 20:00
https://www.dataprivacyandsecurityinsider.com/2017/02/dji-drone-manufacturer-hit-with-class-action-lawsuit-over-firmware-update/
https://jrupprechtlaw.com/drone-lawsuits-litigation

I may have missed some, but the cases that i found that were actually people against dji were dismissed.  Couple that with the fact that we basically give up our right to join a class action the moment we agree to the Ts&Cs, makes this a relative non-starter,  I'd be curious to know the law firm that is considering representing him.
2018-6-28
Use props
Merced69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327096 ft
Canada

bjashton Posted at 2018-6-27 11:29
The app allows you to check a map ahead of time to check any restrictions. They also have a mechanism for requesting unlocking if it really matters. So despite any sympathy about the situation this is really user error. Ironically the fact you only discovered the presence of the airport when the drone wouldn't fly kind of proves the need for that feature.

We should also recognize that without this feature every drone becomes a potential terrorist / idiot weapon. So I think we should thank the foresight of DJI in keeping drone use more safe which has kept them so unregulated, available and usable. If DJI hadn't done this then I think it's likely legislators would have achieved the same results.

I am not saying a lawsuit is the best course of action, but I don't agree with complete NFZs either.

First, I believe they could be much better enforced with a ceiling, than an absolute flight ban.  I was flying at the edge of an NFZ, and while I was able to take off and fly with no issues, the calculation of the NFZ changed while I was in flight, and the drone could not land where it took off.  I had to hand catch as it would not return to the safe place where it took off.  They are less than perfect in implimentation.

Second, if someone wants to use a DJI drone, or any other drone as a weapon, there are so many options out there, that this software ban only stops the honest from flying in NFZs.  

The flip side is when some idiot takes their drone and flies too high and too close to a commercial airport, and causes an incident, the whole drone industry will suffer.  I do understand DJI trying to take the lead on this, and trying to do what they can to add some idiot prevention, but as I said above they could do it better, I believe.  

Any company will take steps to limit their liability, managed against the effect it has on sales.  If they feel they need to error on the side of greater safety they will.  Sometimes it takes a lawsuit to force their hand back towards the more reasonable center line, and they can then wash their hands of the situation as they were "forced" to reduce the prevention.  All part of the game.

This should be interesting to watch.
2018-6-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-6-27 20:55
i dislike how Dji handles it for simple reason that they assume zero liability and responsibility, yet they remove pilot control and override it to stop me or land or whatever action it may take that i didnt command it to take, they then expect me to assume complete and full responsibility, which i would accept if i was in complete control, but when they rip that from my hands, i no longer am..i no longer assume responability either.

Dji doesn’t make your drone land, or have any other control, you drone is geofenced so will just hit a wall basically and hover, the bit about landing is urban myth,
So here’s an answer for you to fly 100 metres into NFZ . Just move NFZ 100 metres out further , there are many NFZ where you can just sign in your app , but cmon controlled airspace you want to be able to fly there, yet you won’t bother to go get a license and then permission from FAA to fly. But fortunately you now have a choice youcan but Evo, and although there is no restriction on it, the have ability to change this , if FAA change their rules, which I believe is inevitable, the will not be able to sell their drones in Europe until geo fencing is equipped on alltheir drones.
2018-6-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-28 07:29
Dji doesn’t make your drone land, or have any other control, you drone is geofenced so will just hit a wall basically and hover, the bit about landing is urban myth,
So here’s an answer for you to fly 100 metres into NFZ . Just move NFZ 100 metres out further , there are many NFZ where you can just sign in your app , but cmon controlled airspace you want to be able to fly there, yet you won’t bother to go get a license and then permission from FAA to fly. But fortunately you now have a choice youcan but Evo, and although there is no restriction on it, the have ability to change this , if FAA change their rules, which I believe is inevitable, the will not be able to sell their drones in Europe until geo fencing is equipped on alltheir drones.

I would not be surprised if this was one of the reasons why they have not yet got their CE certification apart from the transmission power issue. Right now the countries where they can sell it are quite limited and if the trade war between two major countries directly involved will further escalate (as it looks like), they will become overly expensive in addition.
2018-6-28
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Coo-coo for cocopuffs. Is this waterhead for real? What a tard!
2018-6-28
Use props
TX99517
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274649 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiclassaction2 Posted at 2018-6-27 12:32
Why would DJI hire someone so TARD?????  You cannot even make a complete sentence and you know NOTHING about law.  DJI is in deep crap, and they should be putting more effort into this than a tard from high school like this troll!!!!!

What are we, in third grade now?  You prove a point that when certain demographics don't like an opposing opinion, you start name calling.  

As a new drone owner, I see nothing wrong with NFZ.  Keeps honest people honest.  Good luck and grow up.
2018-6-28
Use props
TX99517
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274649 ft
  • >>>
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-28 05:39
I may have missed some, but the cases that i found that were actually people against dji were dismissed.  Couple that with the fact that we basically give up our right to join a class action the moment we agree to the Ts&Cs, makes this a relative non-starter,  I'd be curious to know the law firm that is considering representing him.

Dewey, Huey and Lewy.
2018-6-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3-D Posted at 2018-6-28 05:39
Hahahahaha
2018-6-28
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I think you found his attorneys!!!
2018-6-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3-D Posted at 2018-6-28 10:35
I think you found his attorneys!!!

Nah, I think even they would decline the 'case'.
2018-6-28
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft

How did you arrive to $100MM in damages??
Why don’t you use Litchi or any other software package to control your drone and avoid the NFZ?
2018-6-28
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft

1. limit flights to 25 feet high in NFZ, with a max distance limit of 100m, disable sport mode,  disable active tracking so no one can trick it into following a plane or something..  and trigger fail safe as landing instead of atti or RTH, so no fly away into an airport or airspace..  it extremely unlikely any manned aircraft operating only 25 feet off the ground unless they are trimming the trees with their aircraft...

Flying within certain areas like Class A,B,C,D,E airspace is regulated by the FAA/USA, and some require a waiver even if you fly 1' above the ground, you are still in regulated airspace.
2018-6-28
Use props
plagoutte
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60125 ft
France

I totally agree with you, DJI Go should display a warning message when enterring in a NFZ, but cannot control our drone.
2018-6-28
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Obvious troll.  Do not feed.
2018-6-28
Use props
UAVNV
lvl.2

United States

This "common core idea" that NFZ's should be in place because there are idiots using drones, says we should all live our lives...excuse m...use our drones.... with rules a long with the lowest common denominator in the group. Really think about it and ask yourself if you truly believe they are needed, or a more refined approach to the idea. This is why the idea is wrong, for DJI it is only liability and sales.

But you as a user, have to consider what is best amongst droners, not marketers.
2018-6-28
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I respect your position but in fairness of transparency for Full & Fair Disclosure, plaintiff firms who bring class-action lawsuits end up keeping 99% of the recovered proceeds. In your example, we'll assume DJI doesn't settle for less but pays the $100,000,000 - since attorneys & insiders keep 99% of the proceeds (since they do 99% of the work) seeking 100 people will net them $1,000 each, which is far less than the actual cost of a Phantom 4 Pro. I would say this is hardly making any of these potential people whole. I just thought it would be helpful to first pre-fix this discussion with the maximum actual individual recovery, in case anyone contemplating who is expecting more.
2018-6-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-28 13:55
I respect your position but in fairness of transparency for Full & Fair Disclosure, plaintiff firms who bring class-action lawsuits end up keeping 99% of the recovered proceeds. In your example, we'll assume DJI doesn't settle for less but pays the $100,000,000 - since attorneys & insiders keep 99% of the proceeds (since they do 99% of the work) seeking 100 people will net them $1,000 each, which is far less than the actual cost of a Phantom 4 Pro. I would say this is hardly making any of these potential people whole. I just thought it would be helpful to first pre-fix this discussion with the maximum actual individual recovery, in case anyone contemplating who is expecting more.

It will also help if they had a legal case and for that they need a legal ground in which to bring a law suit to court. We have not been misled at point of sale, DJI are very transparent about geo fencing and actually sell it as a benefit of the product. The court that would hear the case are probably the same people pulling at the strings of the federal aviation administration to improve flight safety in US airspace and placed pressure on DJI to enforce this technology in the first place thus, they will be hearing their own regulations... The technology can also be temporarily bypassed by the manufacturer with appropriate authorisation. Lets not forget that it is also not the drone that is geofenced but the application used (GO4) and DJI have the legal right to manipulate that software how they like. That it is why the drone can still take off (with major restrictions) in geo fenced areas without the app. and third party apps can be used. The OP has plucked $100m out of the air. There is no case and nothing will be heard in a court. The worst thing that could possibly happen is that DJI will no longer be able to export their products to the US - that isn't going to happen because a teenager on a forum is throwing his toys out of his pram because he can't fly his new toy over an airport without permission... Simple as that!  
2018-6-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-28 12:18

Which is insanely stupid since your head is in regulated airspace and your house and your trees..  I don’t believe that the air space itself is regulated Because everything would be in direct violation. Probably something else, with some vague wording left open for interpretation.   I understand a horizontain limitation.. like if I’m basically on the tarmac of the airport, no take off but if I’m  half mile away probably ok to fly below the trees.  

I believe a common sense rule of of something like not above the trees is safe because if you are in danger of hitting a manned aircraft flying below the trees.  I think the drone is the least of anyone’s concerns.  
2018-6-28
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It helps to keep the idiots at bay that would otherwise make the headlines and will cause stricter rules on where and how to fly.
2018-6-28
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

For those poor mugs that do email their details to the OP, just wait for the email asking for your bank details so he can “reward” you!!
2018-6-29
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-6-29 04:52
For those poor mugs that do email their details to the OP, just wait for the email asking for your bank details so he can “reward” you!!

Of course, he's a Nigerian Prince!
2018-6-29
Use props
Flyer4Hire
New
Flight distance : 1894990 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there something that can be done with the DJI care scam?
2019-1-30
Use props
fansb87f7247
New
Flight distance : 93022 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-6-27 10:05
I actually like the limits Dji has imposed in regards to NFZ. This prevents Idiots from flying in Restricted Airspace and stops them from causing damage and possibly the loss of lives if it happens to hit a plane in take off or landing. This feature should stay

would you buy a car that  restricts you from going over the speed limit in no matter where you were?  How would you feel about owning a car that got periodic updates that restricted you from doing things in your vehicle with every update? You can’t take the car back and you have to update your car or you will be restricted from driving you car past 100 feet from where you live? How would you feel about that situation?  It’s not just about being restricted from no-fly zones.  We are being forced to do updates whether we like it or not.

And there’s more than restrictions and things I don’t like that will be required. Like giving you identity when your flying? Because that’s what they’re working on doing is providing your personal information. What if some One spoofs your identity when flying in a restricted fly zone and have law  enforcement  showing up at you door step? Or your drone being hacked because they got your information? Or you become the  victim of identity theft?
2019-5-26
Use props
fansb87f7247
New
Flight distance : 93022 ft
United States

djiclassaction2 Posted at 2018-6-27 11:19
Sorry kids, those of you who believe you will kill someone without big brother watching you are kinda sad!!!  What DJI has done is actually against several laws and consumer protections.  They are controlling our property from their app.  I have dozens of people ready to move forward.  As soon as we hit 100 we will let the legal team move forward.  As for some of you.....i hope you have a lot of companies controlling you, since you have so little faith in yourselves!!!  For starters, I hope your cars are forced to stop if you go over the speed limit!!!!!!  What a weak country we have become!!!

I’m super glad you’re Going to try and sue them. Count me in.. this  people are nuts. Everybody’s or find and dandy with it now because it  hasn’t gotten in their way. Mind you everybody will be singing a different tune once they get something restricted that they don’t like.  I personally can’t stand the fact that they are forcing me to do a firmware update if I want to fly my drone 100 feet past where I took off from. I bought my drone and I excepted what limitations it had when I bought it. I don’t except any new limitations they decide to add to it. Because of that they have grounded me from flying my drone past 100 feet. They told me that it’s of software glitch and that I need to update my firmware.  So now they’re lying to me about it being a software glitch. All of you will be singing a different tune when you get screwed over!
2019-5-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules