DJI CLASS ACTION SUIT PLANTIFFS CONTACT
5503 90 2018-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RXQKoGqmOxhz
lvl.1
United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-192123-1-1.html  
Here is my story; if DJI does not address the issue in a way that prevents me from having to pay more to repair their faulty equipment then I will be on board with this.
2019-6-24
Use props
hyperbubba
lvl.1
United States

First, this site is censored...  you can't post anything bad.. it will be taken off ... moving on.
to all of you who say it's ok ... i can't fly my mavic IN MY BACKYARD... unlock code process does not work generic error 1001 ...
I don't see how anyone is ok with this!

would you be ok with your car not starting the day there is a parade in town because you "could"  do something illegal ?
I paid $1500 for this thing and my backyard is now a controller airspace ????? WTF?

i am going to call the nearby control tower 50 times a day every time i fly a toy in my backyard from now on!

and BTW i'm in on the original OP fist port ... consider me 1 of 100!
2019-7-21
Use props
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I agree with the proactive action DJI has taken.  My only question is by what criteria does DJI identify these no fly zones?  I live near a DJI NFZ that is associated with a grass landing strip over 5 miles away.  The FAA does not consider this a sensitive UAS flight area.  Why does DJI?
2019-7-23
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Should sue the companies that limit your vehicle to 155mph when you can go 180+.  It doesn't matter if the tires that come from the factory are only rated for 168mph.  If you die going too fast and have no idea the tires won't handle it, that's your own fault.

About the NFZs, I don't really mind them.  I just drive or fly over places where there are no NFZs.  Flying in your own backyard is pretty boring.  Even the parks got boring!  When I made my own RC equipment, the parks felt so damn big and it was scary to fly pretty far but with the DJIs being so Robust they now feel very small.
2019-7-23
Use props
DroneMasterLA
lvl.1
United States

I'm in ... I'm also starting a data base of DJI customers interested in a class action lawsuit that now own a very expensive paperweight.  I also have great concern, that this company from Communist China is individually accessing American drones, turning them on and off at will. What other data are they accessing (not believing anything they say based on their current actions). It's my understanding that the US military won't use DJI drones for concerns that data is being mined/retrieved.  It's at least demonstrated as being possible simply by their noflyzone program. DJI, turn on my drone permanently. Stop telling me and the FAA that I'm in a NO FLY and I can't fly. Stop asking me to get permission every time I even think of flying in or around Los Angeles. I'm thankful for the FAA LAANC - but DJI... get out of my home...get out of my equipment... or give me a full refund for all of my investment now.
2019-7-24
Use props
DroneMasterLA
lvl.1
United States

If Sony sells TV's that will NOT give you FOX NEWS or MSNBC and advertises that on the box in the store, it does not make it legal.  DJI advertising the FLYSAFE feature is not automatically legal because they advertise it.  If you own a pool with no fence and you put a sign out that says swim at your own risk, see how that goes over in court if someone drowns.    DJI is calling areas "NO FLY ZONES" in areas that the FAA says are LEGAL to fly.  Just today I had FAA approval to take off up to 100 ft. DJI locked my drone and called it a no fly zone. It was not a no fly zone. It was legal and I was cleared for take off by the FAA.  Again, DJI has NO AUTHORITY/right to decide where and when I can take off.    DJI, a company from a Communist country (which is relevant, since in communist countries, the government can reach into people's private property... listen in, activate, deactivate devices or do what they want.  It's relevant to point this out because they are behaving in the way a Communist Country would feel they have the authority to do.  DJI is controlling individual drones in the United States at will. There is no US law that grants them authority to turn on and off your equipment in legal fly zones. I live in Los Angeles and you are always in a rocks throw from an airport or heliport... and even with FAA approval of take off up to a specified height... DJI makes you check with them to be the ultimate decider if your drone will take off or not. Unacceptable.
2019-7-24
Use props
DroneMasterLA
lvl.1
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-6-27 10:05
I actually like the limits Dji has imposed in regards to NFZ. This prevents Idiots from flying in Restricted Airspace and stops them from causing damage and possibly the loss of lives if it happens to hit a plane in take off or landing. This feature should stay

It restricts people from flying in LEGAL airspace. THAT'S the problem.  
2019-7-24
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know why this class is interested in initiating a class action lawsuit against DJI, which is a private entity. Essentially this is a Directors and Officers suit that names DJI as the entity listed in the suit, but it is primarily a Directors and Officers Liability suit that will also name certain Directors perhaps the founders themselves? Ultimately private entity D&O suits do not recover damages as much as a publicly traded entity that has shareholders and exposure to global equity markets.
2019-7-24
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft
United States

For someone that actually works at an airport I thank everyone that follows the rules/laws when it comes to drones.  We've already had some close calls here and had to take the drone away from people for being idiots
2019-8-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneMasterLA Posted at 7-24 15:10
If Sony sells TV's that will NOT give you FOX NEWS or MSNBC and advertises that on the box in the store, it does not make it legal.  DJI advertising the FLYSAFE feature is not automatically legal because they advertise it.  If you own a pool with no fence and you put a sign out that says swim at your own risk, see how that goes over in court if someone drowns.  

DJI is calling areas "NO FLY ZONES" in areas that the FAA says are LEGAL to fly.  Just today I had FAA approval to take off up to 100 ft. DJI locked my drone and called it a no fly zone. It was not a no fly zone. It was legal and I was cleared for take off by the FAA.  Again, DJI has NO AUTHORITY/right to decide where and when I can take off.  

"since in communist countries, the government can reach into people's private property... listen in, activate, deactivate devices or do what they want."

Surely not, your suggestion seems flawed somehow:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-49205092

And I'm sure that most forum users, if not the population as a whole, are already aware that China is a communist country, education's a wonderful thing don't you think ?
2019-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry that I'm late to this thread, as we all hear there are illegal drone flight near the airport caused the safety threat to the airplane, DJI is always committed to helping pilots unleash their aerial creativity safely and responsibly, therefore, the DJI GEO System was created to help pilots have a safer flight.
Besides, we understand that in some cases, a user may have special authorization to operate in a Restricted Zone, such as at a busy airport or over a power plant. You can apply the unlocking in our website.
If you have any concern about it, welcome to send email to flysafe@dji.com.

This thread contains lawsuit, please note any posts about lawsuits against DJI will be immediately deleted and will result in a permanent ban of the account and IP address.
This thread will be closed, if you have any problem, please start your own post and we will keep following up. Thank you.
2019-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules