[Mavic Air] Few Feature Requests..
623 9 2018-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PiVoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158845 ft
Poland

So im after my 1st real flight with my Mavic and im really happy and impressed with it but it missing some features i belive could be pretty easy to add and are very mandatory.

- In-Flight Zoom (seriously no zoom??)
- Names of saved files by Date/Hour
- Wifi always broadcasted when in wifi fly mode (looks like a bug)

Thank you in advance.
2018-6-27
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Poland

- some way of smoothing this really rough turning
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. Sorry for this trouble. May I know what mobile device you are using? Also, please provide us the current firmware version of your aircraft, remote controller and the DJI Go 4 app. If you do have the screenshot of sample bugs you may post it here so that we can further review it. Thank you.
2018-6-27
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-27 12:41
Hello. Sorry for this trouble. May I know what mobile device you are using? Also, please provide us the current firmware version of your aircraft, remote controller and the DJI Go 4 app. If you do have the screenshot of sample bugs you may post it here so that we can further review it. Thank you.

You mean the isse with dissapearing Wifi? Ive made a post about it already as well as some other users, my mobile is P20 Pro, Software is latest one (end is 400), and the problem is that i can only pair Mavic with my mobile one time, after that, i have to reset Wifi settings to have it visible once again.
2018-6-27
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

PiVoR Posted at 2018-6-27 12:23

Smoothing of turns can be aided by adjusting the s curves in the controller config.

2018-6-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I would recommend you taking some time to get familar with the multitude of possible settings and modes in DJI GO 4. You will also find excellent tutorial videos with a simple search on Youtube.
E.g. for what you describe as "rough turning" there are multiple options to smoothen it. This can be Tripod mode, Cinematic mode or manually setting the yaw speed. All is possible and which option is best depends on your specific needs in a given situation.
As for your other proposals:
- Zoom is indeed not available for Mavic Air but might become available in future models. You can however always fly closer to whatever you want to capture. Zoom will always affect picture/video quality and make appear any movement extremely nervous.
- The files saved on my SD card or internal memory have date and time information saved as well. Are you sure this is not the case for yours?
-  WiFi: Please further explain your issue, I don't understand what you mean. Or are you not using the RC for flying?
2018-6-27
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Look into turning the sensitivity down on the control sticks, as well as using cinematic mode.  that will smooth out the turns for you.
2018-6-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

1. fixed lens, so no zooming needed (you might as well do that in post, gives the same effect)
2. You can do that easily with a batch rename job. I can share it with you if you want.
3. I have not heard about that and never use Wifi mode on my Mavic Pro.
4. You can do that in the menu (exp settings, or use cinematic mode / tripod mode)
2018-6-27
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Poland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-27 13:15
I would recommend you taking some time to get familar with the multitude of possible settings and modes in DJI GO 4. You will also find excellent tutorial videos with a simple search on Youtube.
E.g. for what you describe as "rough turning" there are multiple options to smoothen it. This can be Tripod mode, Cinematic mode or manually setting the yaw speed. All is possible and which option is best depends on your specific needs in a given situation.
As for your other proposals:

- It's not just about knowing the date, but easier transfering your files, Mavic Air always beging naming files from 0 when storage is empty, and thats anoying cause you have to rename files each time you make a backup.

- Ive explained Wifi issue already, since MA have an option to fly without RC i think it should be natural to use your mobile from time to time to make a quick shot or do few random photos / record movies without serious flying.
The issue is that i can connect my mobile to MA only once - after Wifi name/pass reset, after i disconnect or turn aircraft off. the Wifi SSID is no longer visible until i reset it again.
2018-6-27
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

PiVoR Posted at 2018-6-27 13:39
- It's not just about knowing the date, but easier transfering your files, Mavic Air always beging naming files from 0 when storage is empty, and thats anoying cause you have to rename files each time you make a backup.

- Ive explained Wifi issue already, since MA have an option to fly without RC i think it should be natural to use your mobile from time to time to make a quick shot or do few random photos / record movies without serious flying.

Before transferring the files I always create a new subfolder with the date of shooting on my PC to better organise my footage and be able to retrieve it later.
As for the WiFi, I could imagine this to be a security feature to prevent someone else hijacking your aircraft, but I can be wrong on this.
2018-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules