Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller stolen. DJI does not sell them.
2224 27 2018-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf091fba5
New
United States

Someone broke into my locked car and took the Controller for my Mavic Air. I called DJI. They will not sell me just the controller. I have the drone itself and it is brand new, received it earlier this month.  This was my first time using it. I have searched the internet and made a few phone calls. No success. With the purchase of the drone just two weeks ago, I am disillusioned that DJI won't do anything to help me. I guess they want to force me to buy a new drone.  Can anyone help?

2018-6-27
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

If you open a formal support case, I have no doubt that DJI will assist you: https://www.dji.com/support
P.S. I assume that you have properly activated your Mavic Air before your first flight?

2018-6-27
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832421 ft

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-27 13:55
If you open a formal support case, I have no doubt that DJI will assist you: https://www.dji.com/support
P.S. I assume that you have properly activated your Mavic Air before your first flight?

You have no doubt?! You are are true believer.
My dime is that DJI will not do anything.
My experience with their customer support has been substandard to say the least. So is the feedback from many forum members.
2018-6-27
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

nywrecker Posted at 2018-6-27 14:01
You have no doubt?! You are are true believer.
My dime is that DJI will not do anything.
My experience with their customer support has been substandard to say the least. So is the feedback from many forum members.

Is this your case here? No it is not. Thus let him go ahead before you make an uninformed jugement, ok?
2018-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think wachtberger’s advice is good, I will add when you take a case, get in contact with a moderator here to put your case for you, you have numerous dji products, I’m certain it’s not in their interest to keep you from flying your aircraft. Dji paladin or dji Thor will help you.
2018-6-27
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-27 14:05
Is this your case here? No it is not. Thus let him go ahead before you make an uninformed jugement, ok?

Wachtberger
I would also  give DJI support a try as you said.
They sale the Mavic Pro controller by it's self for $299. Can't see why they don't sell the Mavic Air controller.
Saw one on eBay
2018-6-27
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

He and I shared the same bad experience, and we are allowed to offer our experiences of DJI support, or lack thereof, if we choose to, without having grandiose claims put forward that he or I make uninformed judgements, because they are informed, and from experience, and are as valid as those who come forward with positive experiences with DJI.
2018-6-27
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Sorry for your loss.
If you have no luck with DJI you can get a new one on eBay for about $180
2018-6-27
Use props
Jack Beans
lvl.2

United States

Why would they take the controller and not the Mavic Air?  Where are you located at, what state?
2018-6-27
Use props
sky6105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Nowadays there are camera everywhere look around someone may have a recording.
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. I am sorry to hear about what happened to the remote controller. However, as per After-Sales policy stolen device or accessory will not be covered by the warranty. We highly suggest filing a report to the nearest authority. As of the moment, we do not have an available remote controller for Mavic Air on our online store website. I also suggest keeping checking our official DJI website, as we are going to post it immediately once the remote controller is available.
2018-6-27
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

This reply is completely unacceptable. I will not consider DJI product again if this is your support service. People are not asking a free controller. This is not about DJI selling controller separately or not. When customer open a case they can replace the damaged controller. Why can’t do the same for the lost controller? If they can proof buy MA from valid source and willing to pay the cost why can’t send them a replacement? I can fully understand why some people are so angry with this kind of supporting service and feeling helpless. This is a serious problem of DJI. Please escalate to the big guy in DJI to get it fixed if they still want to stay on top of drone business.
2018-6-27
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4

In this instance it is not my problem. Neither is yours but we are both part of this forum and express our opinions and experiences.
Your advice of reaching out to DJI was good. I simply stated that my guess was that they would not do anything for the user.
Admin Natalia’s answer proved me right.
It is unfortunately that many of the admins respond with their canned answers without really practicing actual customer support. The guy that had his remote stolen did not want a freebie under warranty. He wanted to buy one and DjI is not even willing to do that!
That is terrible, especially after someone plunked $800 for the drone.
2018-6-27
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Singapore

I agree people should open a case before getting support. But the terrible answer from DJI above looks like a big no for me. I hope I got it wrong. Please confirm if we open a case and willing to pay the cost can we get a replacement of MA controller or not?
2018-6-27
Use props
djiuser_CEdNxuNmFbIZ
lvl.1

I know this does not answer the question. But does your car insurance cover you. If DJI will not cover you maybe the insurance policy will for a new drone.
2018-6-27
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Due to warranty concerns, Mavic Air remotes will be sold individually six months after the drone's original release date, which was the last week of January.
2018-6-27
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI drones today are one of the most stolen items in America. The store where my Mavic Pro was purchased, I called ahead of time to have one set aside for me. When I drove 30 minutes in traffic to the store, I found out someone had stolen it right out of the store? The people working there said it happens with DJI drones regularly, and they were the ones who gave me of the information. They said it's comparable to the stolen car stereo era of the 1980s, which they said is likely remains the most stolen item in American history.

2018-6-27
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Singapore

DJI should activate the lock functions like iPhone to prevent the stolen. They can’t stop the stolen by not provide the controller. They also can ask people provide the registration information to verify they are the owner of drone before sale the controller.
2018-6-27
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-6-27 22:22
DJI drones today are one of the most stolen items in America. The store where my Mavic Pro was purchased, I called ahead of time to have one set aside for me. When I drove 30 minutes in traffic to the store, I found out someone had stolen it right out of the store? The people working there said it happens with DJI drones regularly, and they were the ones who gave me of the information. They said it's comparable to the stolen car stereo era of the 1980s, which they said is likely remains the most stolen item in American history.

WOW.

And yeah, I too feel surprising that there is no inventory on controllers. WTH
2018-6-27
Use props
fansf091fba5
New
United States

I begged, pleaded, DJI says they do not have a controller they can sell me. Insurance does not cover this. Yes, I activated it and registered it with FAA.
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are terribly sorry for your loss, could you please PM me your personal info including the name, contact number and the email account so that we can escalate your situation to the appropriate department to see if there is anything we can do? Thank you.
2018-6-28
Use props
turo91
lvl.3
Flight distance : 206437 ft
Italy

So if i lost my controller i have to buy a new drone?
This is quite ridiculous
2018-6-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think dji Mindy saved the day here, so maybe wacthberger was right, and advice given was well intentioned. Good job wacthberger.
2018-6-28
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-6-27 22:54
WOW.

And yeah, I too feel surprising that there is no inventory on controllers. WTH

I think the Remote Controllers for Mavic Air will be sold individually very soon, once expiration of the six-month window of when the device was originally released has ceased. This way all warranty claims that come in now for a RC are covered under warranty by DJI, but it's only covered the first six months after Activation.

The first batch of Mavic Air shipments were reportedly received by people on January 31, 2018, which means July 31, 2018 is when technically the six-month windows expires.
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I haven't received your PM yet, please keep me updated once you see the post, thank you.
2018-6-28
Use props
TVRamiro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32940 ft
United Kingdom

Since there are plenty of Air falling out of the sky due to signal loss, GPS issues, etc and DJI doing everything they can to get away with not taking responsibility, I'm sure you'll find plenty of lone controllers in the usual sites like ebay/amazon.

Also, bear in mind that if you get DJI to sell you one for some reason it will most likely be a refurbished one. Make sure you get a clarification on that if you ever get through them which it'll most likely cost you weeks of back and forth.
2018-7-2
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4

fansf091fba5 Posted at 2018-6-28 00:11
I begged, pleaded, DJI says they do not have a controller they can sell me. Insurance does not cover this. Yes, I activated it and registered it with FAA.

Did DJI end up selling/giving you a remote control?
2018-7-7
Use props
SirkkalaP
New
Flight distance : 88520 ft
Finland

I wonder if someone steals just the drone would he/she get a controller for it by asking the support?

-Just my thoughts-
2018-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules