Touchscreen of iPad Min1 2 Not Working With DJIGo4
1222 11 2018-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Streamside
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

When I open the latest version of DJI GO 4 on my iPad Min1 2 (running IOS 11.4) it responds via the touchscreen as it should, except for the icon where you can switch between camera mode and video mode.
However when the controller and the app are linked to my Mavic Pro and the app shows that the Mavic is connected and I am ready to go, DJI Go 4 is no longer responsive via the touch screen. Any ideas of what may be going on? Thank you.

2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, sorry for this trouble. Upon checking, iPad Mini 2 is not included in our tested and recommended devices. That could be one of the reasons why it is not working perfectly. You may check the list of the tested and recommended devices. You may want to try one of the devices if you do have a spare one and let me know if this resolves the issue. Thank you.

2018-6-27
Use props
Streamside
lvl.2
  • >>>

I must be seeing a different list. On the phantom part of the site there is supposedly an updated list which includes the iPad mini 2.
2018-6-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Are you using an SD card on your Mavic pro?
2018-6-27
Use props
Streamside
lvl.2
  • >>>

Yes I am using a high performance SD card.
2018-6-27
Use props
bernardren07
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Try to update ios 12. I heard it quite fast speed. I not sure. you may try
2018-6-28
Use props
Vliegende Hollander
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1865751 ft
Netherlands

I think two more updates of the app and the ipad mini 4 also disappears from the list.
The app takes more and more processor power.
2018-6-28
Use props
Streamside
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

IOS 11.4 is the latest version for the iPad Mini 2, so I reckon I am out of luck. Dang - I just bought the iPad last week based the "Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO" list. Time to put it up for sale on eBay, I guess..

Thanks for the replies, everyone.
2018-6-28
Use props
Ezreal
lvl.2

United States

Maybe the first thing you should figure out is whether there is something wrong with your iPad. If it is, you can try some methods to fix your iPad issue, such as factory reset iPad after backup with iTunes, reset all settings, using an iOS system problem repair tool or some other methods to get this issue done.
2019-8-5
Use props
Drone34
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84091 ft
United States

Ezreal Posted at 8-5 03:06
Maybe the first thing you should figure out is whether there is something wrong with your iPad. If it is, you can try some methods to fix your iPad issue, such as factory reset iPad after backup with iTunes, reset all settings, using an iOS system problem repair tool or some other methods to get this issue done.

I was able to update my iPad mini 2 to IOS 12.4 and have not experienced this problem.
2019-8-6
Use props
Drone34
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84091 ft
United States

Drone34 Posted at 8-6 18:43
I was able to update my iPad mini 2 to IOS 12.4 and have not experienced this problem.

The evil plan however is to upgrade to the new Mini 5 if DJI would put it on the approved list.  I know there are folks on this forum who are using the Mini 5 without problems.  However the "weak GPS signal" issue which prevents switching the home point from the AC to the RC when you change location of the RC will still probably not be solved with the Mini 5.  The Mini platform however is a really nice size for flying.
2019-8-6
Use props
Yeri Tan
lvl.2

United States

You can upgrade the iPad to the latest version, as the app may not compatible with the iPad system you are using. And if this does not work well, you can use TunesKit to fix the issue with no data loss.
2021-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules