3035 12 2018-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicGuy88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21759 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

It's been a good few months since I flew my Mavic Pro last autumn/fall when I was happily flying it connected to my OnePlus 5 with great performance and reliability.

I've just tried to fly the Mavic today after updating aircraft and RC firmware, but it simply will *not* connect between the phone and the RC.

I've tried everything. I've uninstalled and reinstalled DJI Go 4. I've enabled USB debugging. I've tried every USB connection mode - charging, MTP, PTP, midi. I've tried both USB ports on the RC. It simply won't connect. To clarify, the RC connects to the aircraft without issue. but DJI GO 4 won't connec to the RC.

And yet it used to work fine. Of course, my phone is now running Android 8.1.0 and OxygenOS 5.1.3, whereas last year it would have been on Android 7.x, I guess.

Something has changed that prevents DJI GO 4 from talking to the RC, but how can I find out what, and how do I get my drone working again?

And secondly, how can a company with DJI's wealth and resources deliver such a flawed Android solution? I know the Android market is fragmented (hardware-wise) whereas Apple's is tightly regulated and controlled, but all the aircraft tech in the world is wasted if you can't fly it due to software issues on the platform with an 85% share of the market.

Mavic Pro and RC firmware: v01.04.0300
DJI GO 4 v2.2.20 (600-googlePlay?)
Android verion 8.1.0
OxygenOS version 5.1.3

Thanks in advance for any help - I'm desperate to get my Mavic in the air to capture a couple of events going on at the moment.
2018-6-27
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Delete and reinstall DJI GO 4.2.14 and you will be good again.  https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4
2018-6-27
Use props
MavicGuy88
lvl.1
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-27 17:42
Delete and reinstall DJI GO 4.2.14 and you will be good again.  https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4

Thanks, but no luck unfortunately - installed 4.2.14 and still resolutely no connection. Tried all USB modes again, including enabling OTG.
2018-6-27
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

MavicGuy88 Posted at 2018-6-27 18:05
Thanks, but no luck unfortunately - installed 4.2.14 and still resolutely no connection. Tried all USB modes again, including enabling OTG.

Last thing I can suggest is follow this thread. Other than that very sorry https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=151530
2018-6-27
Use props
blueice007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 432264 ft

Hong Kong

Use the phone's original USB cable to connect your phone and RC(There's an interface at the bottom) .
2018-6-28
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi

I am on OxygenOS version 5.0.3 (1+@3), no probs. Mayby ask 1+ what they have changed?

cheers
JJB
2018-6-28
Use props
MavicGuy88
lvl.1
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-27 19:14
Last thing I can suggest is follow this thread. Other than that very sorry  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=151530

No joy with that. Although not an Android developer, I wasn't expecting it to change anything - my phone was always unlocked anyway when switching on or connecting the RC.
2018-6-28
Use props
MavicGuy88
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JJBspark Posted at 2018-6-28 00:09
Hi

I am on OxygenOS version 5.0.3 (1+@3), no probs. Mayby ask 1+ what they have changed?

Looks like that's going to be the only remaining course of action, given that I've exhausted every option I can find on every DJI forum & site.
2018-6-28
Use props
MavicGuy88
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Well it's not looking positive.

Chatted with DJI support, who couldn't have been less supportive. Just pointed to the fact that my phone wasn't on the compatible list (and wilfully ignoring the fact that my phone USED to work *perfectly* with DJI GO 4 and the Mavic's RC, or that half the devices on the compatible list are either rare in the UK or rather old - Samsung S5 anyone?!) and basically refused to assist me in any detail. Very polite, but useless.

Chatted to OnePlus who had a much more supportive tone but ultimately didn't offer any insight or detailed info on what might have changed, and wanted me to do a hard reset of my device. I guess I'll have to try that at some point, but I need my phone (and much of it's contents) for work, plus it's pretty much clean and otherwise functioning perfectly with no glitches or faults, so I have my doubts it will fix anything. Until I do a factory reset, they're not willing to help diagnose it any further either.

This feels like the consumer electronics industry at it's worst - constantly changing and not taking responsibility for issues. Frustrated and desperate to get my lovely Mavic Pro working again - can anyone think what I can do next to try and troubleshoot this? At the moment my suspicion is on something having been broken on the phone's side, rather than DJI's.
2018-6-28
Use props
Cybersprite
New
Denmark

I know this is an old thread, but for others that might be in trouble on this account; I found the solution on Youtube. Since I'm not allowed to post URL's, just go to Youtube and paste this in after the URL:  /watch?v=IPbKnd8asgg
2019-4-30
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Cybersprite Posted at 4-30 10:11
I know this is an old thread, but for others that might be in trouble on this account; I found the solution on Youtube. Since I'm not allowed to post URL's, just go to Youtube and paste this in after the URL:  /watch?v=IPbKnd8asgg

Dji Go4 on Android.
Here are the best infos on this.
2019-4-30
Use props
djiuser_3blRsxfqqfoX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144327 ft
Belgium

I have the same problem. Just got home from vacation and drone worked perfextly with oneplus 5 (develop and debug on). Now i am home want to try some settings and no luck tonconnect to rc anymore. An older phone i had lying around works fine. But my oneplus 5 is the phone i want it to work on it again.  Did you ever resolved it?
2021-7-3
Use props
djiuser_3blRsxfqqfoX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144327 ft
Belgium

Cybersprite Posted at 2019-4-30 10:11
I know this is an old thread, but for others that might be in trouble on this account; I found the solution on Youtube. Since I'm not allowed to post URL's, just go to Youtube and paste this in after the URL:  /watch?v=IPbKnd8asgg
This is not relevant. It just the develop trick and usb debug. That the op has that already fixed and so did I
2021-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules