New Phantom remote controller
12Next >
16123 41 2014-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Built-IN  LIPO battery:  The upgraded remote control includes a rechargeable LIPO battery with a capacity of 2000 mAh.
Does anyone know how long you can fly before the battery will need to be recharged?  How long would the battery in the remote controller take to recharge full?
While recharging the battery, you are essentially grounded until the recharge completes.
With the previous controller, using the 4, double A batteries, when they are down, just change them and you are back in the air in minutes.
2014-11-2
Use props
Gobokinetic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I wish I could tell you.

I have the new NDJ6 transmitter but its faulty already after a firmware issue

I charged mine striaght out of the box and it took around 15 minutes
2014-11-2
Use props
Gobokinetic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

this is my problem http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_65KEhuf11M
2014-11-2
Use props
david
New

United Kingdom

I've exhausted 4 flight batteries today on the same transmitter battery charge. Might have done more, but I re-charged it.
2014-11-2
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

david@skipwiths Posted at 2014-11-3 03:01
I've exhausted 4 flight batteries today on the same transmitter battery charge. Might have done more ...

This is what I was hoping for.  I also have 4 flight batteries and now change double A batteries after every 2 flight batteries.  I use the Rayovac rechargeable batteries.  How long did it take to recharge the transmitter after the use of the 4 flight batteries?
2014-11-2
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

ive around 50 flights on my P2 and only changed AAs once !
2014-11-2
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi Gerry,
You can monitor the controller's battery level by its LED indicators .
When it is full charged, its LED indicators will show solid green with the usb cable connected.
Below is more details:
https://store.dji.com/product/5-8g-radio-controller-npvt
2014-11-3
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Blair Posted at 2014-11-3 17:41
Hi Gerry,
When it is full cha ...

I know that, but how many flights can you get or how many flight batteries can you use up before you have to recharge the transmitter batteries and how long will it take to recharge the transmitter battery from being depleted ?
2014-11-3
Use props
aspelhaug
lvl.1

United States

I purchased the new controller to upgrade for my current Phantom2. I ran the upgrade ont he RC assistant and it now only turns red when it powers up after the upgrade...
2014-11-3
Use props
shacks86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1361844 ft
United Kingdom

Does that mean it was working correctly before you did the upgrade on the RC assistant?  If so have you tried downgrading back to stock or would you then loose out on to many features ie the tilt.  DJI-Blair you response didnt really provide a solution for Gerry.
2014-11-3
Use props
aspelhaug
lvl.1

United States

shacks86 Posted at 2014-11-3 23:52
Does that mean it was working correctly before you did the upgrade on the RC assistant?  If so have  ...

Yeah, once I charged it, I powered it on and all the green lights lit up. I was then searching to find out how to link it to my Phantom, (since no instructions were included, also no cord to charge it...) when I hooked it to the RC assistant and upgraded the firmware. Not sure how to downgrade it
2014-11-3
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Normally, it takes about 1-2 hours to full charge the controller.
When the battery level led indicators leave only one, then it's recommended to charge it.
Hi Aspelhaug,
Please connect the controller to the RC assistant software and do the upgrading.It shoud be ok.
2014-11-4
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Blair Posted at 2014-11-4 19:15
Normally, it takes about 1-2 hours to full charge the controller.
When the battery level led indicat ...

How many flight batteries can you fly or how long of a flying time would it be before the transmitter batteries require recharging?
2014-11-4
Use props
Gobokinetic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Blair  my battery level leds do not work
2014-11-4
Use props
Gobokinetic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

aspelhaug@gmail Posted at 2014-11-3 22:46
I purchased the new controller to upgrade for my current Phantom2. I ran the upgrade ont he RC assis ...

welcome to our elite club of faulty transmitters
2014-11-4
Use props
jim269
lvl.1

United States

Can someone explain (in depth) how to link the new transmitter to the Phantom? It didn't come with instructions and I can't find anything on the website.

Thanks !
2014-11-4
Use props
Gobokinetic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

jim269 Posted at 2014-11-5 10:52
Can someone explain (in depth) how to link the new transmitter to the Phantom? It didn't come with i ...

http://1uas.com/blog/phantom-2-s ... of-spare-parts.html
2014-11-4
Use props
Gobokinetic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

the new software I requested is now live on RC assistant it fixes the led fault. a fight worth doing  
2014-11-5
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Anybody with battery level leds issue, please update the controller's firmware again with the RC assistant software again and it will be ok.
Hi jim269,
Here is the details about how to link the receiver&controller in the manual (page 19).
For the new controller, please remember to choose transmitter version to update version in the phantom assistant software.
2014-11-5
Use props
jim269
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Blair - got it all straightened out !!!
2014-11-5
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Sorry, I'm confused  Do you update the new transmitter from the RC software or the PT2 asst software??
2014-11-5
Use props
jim269
lvl.1

United States

RC Assistant
2014-11-5
Use props
smholmes
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Blair Posted at 2014-11-5 20:35
Anybody with battery level leds issue, please update the controller's firmware again with the RC ass ...

I updated the firmware, which did in fact fix my LEDs, but it is now cause fast and erratic motion with the gimbal dial. The gimbal dial moved the gimbal in a smooth and steady motion before.
2014-11-5
Use props
sailposum
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Blair Posted at 2014-11-3 17:41
Hi Gerry,
When it is full cha ...

No you can't the led's dont work if you do a firmware update on your controller.  
2014-11-5
Use props
sailposum
lvl.1

Australia

Gobokinetic Posted at 2014-11-4 21:27
DJI Blair  my battery level leds do not work

I also have the same problem.  
2014-11-5
Use props
sailposum
lvl.1

Australia

jim269 Posted at 2014-11-5 10:52
Can someone explain (in depth) how to link the new transmitter to the Phantom? It didn't come with i ...

There is a video on youtube
2014-11-5
Use props
flytonio6169
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235112 ft
Italy

As I bought two days ago my first quadricopter, I would like to know how I can improve my ability using  a trainer port  on a new Phantom remote control models NPVT581, NDJ6, NRC900.
Anyone can help me?
I'm so beginner, that I'm afraid to get broken or lost my Phantom at my first take-off.
Thanks  
2014-11-14
Use props
Rherb89
New

United States

Gobokinetic Posted at 2014-11-5 19:26
the new software I requested is now live on RC assistant it fixes the led fault. a fight worth doing ...

Everyone look for a post by me previously thanks another poster I purchased The new controller for my phantom vision +2 and I didn't have any problems with the LED lights of my controller but with the gimbal moving erratic what I had to do was download the latest version of the RC and the phantom software for my MAC these two updates allow for the new controller and to also calibrate the slider for the gimbal camera after I did that I have had no issues taking it for its first test flight this afternoon.. FYI when you hook up your phantom through the USB and start your phantom application go to basic mode and click updated controller

Thanks
Rherb89
2015-1-17
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-11-4 20:07
How many flight batteries can you fly or how long of a flying time would it be before the transmit ...

Per the manual, the transmitter working current consumption is 120 mAh, so a 2000 mAh battery with a 120 mAh draw will last approximately 16.667 hours to full depletion.  2000/120=16.667.

The battery meter and battery alarm for this "3.7v" battery (which actually will be 4.2 volts at full charge), are probably set to a depletion voltage of around 3.8 to 3.9 volts or so for safety and battery protection.

This will allow around 70% capacity usage, resulting in about 11 to 12 hours of use.
2015-1-17
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Jamie Hellmich Posted at 2015-1-18 05:16
Per the manual, the transmitter working current consumption is 120 mAh, so a 2000 mAh battery with ...

I asked that before I bought the new transmitter.
Gertrude has the new controller and Heathcliff has the older controller.
2015-1-17
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

Sorry, I wasn't looking a the the post dates.  I'll delete mine if you delete yours.
2015-1-17
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Jamie Hellmich Posted at 2015-1-18 05:19
Sorry, I wasn't looking a the the post dates.  I'll delete mine if you delete yours.

It doesn't matter Jamie.  Points are points.   Thanks for replying. Happy Flying.
2015-1-17
Use props
joeazar619
New

United States

DJI-Blair Posted at 2014-11-5 20:35
Anybody with battery level leds issue, please update the controller's firmware again with the RC ass ...

I always have 4 green leds, regardless of charge status.

Im all updated...
2015-5-17
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

smholmes   I too had the same problem.  Recalibrate the controller.  Move all controls before process is complete.  After the controller is calibrated,calibrate the quad.  Be sure to calibrate the x1 s1 and s2 switches.  That should return you to butter smooth tilt.   I also connect the quad to P2 assistant under the Advanced icon look for gimbal.  If you have not done so already,  slide the gimbal gain all of the way to 0.    even at this setting I still have to be aware of how fast I am moving the wheel.  I took for granted in that last statement that you prefer slow tilt movement.  Hope this helps.   
2015-5-18
Use props
stinkbug
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-18 05:18
I asked that before I bought the new transmitter.
Gertrude has the new controller and Heathcliff h ...

So, what I'm hearing from Jamie in response to Jerry's question is that since a flight battery lasts about 20 minutes or so, one can reasonably expect to get 20+ flights without having to recharge the transmitter?
2015-5-19
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

There is another variable here. The more uses of the sticks the more signal transmitted the more battery usage. More autonomous flights less stick usage less battery usage from radio signals longer battery power. Kinda like your tablet on standby.. Battery last longer, more use battery drains faster. With the RC you will have to go by the battery indicator lights. Down to one... Recharge time!
2015-5-22
Use props
Pigusus
lvl.1

United States

joeazar619@gmai Posted at 2015-5-18 10:49
I always have 4 green leds, regardless of charge status.

Im all updated...

Me, too! All 4 LED's are always green regardless of charge. I left the controller on after flight in order to allow all the newly recorded video from that flight to sync from the SD card to my iPhone (not sure if i actually had to leave the transmitter on or just the phone, phantom and range extender). Anyway, while it was on and all 4 LED's were green, the transmitter started to "beep" which I thought meant that its charge was dying? Is that the case here?
2015-5-26
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Gobokinetic Posted at 2014-11-3 00:57
this is my problem http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_65KEhuf11M

WOW.  Not sure what is happening here.  Does you RC  assistant give any error messages?
2015-5-27
Use props
JAY BOY
lvl.1

Trinidad and Tobago

hi Gerry my dji phantom 2 is not connecting to my controller after i update to firmware 3.14. Can you please assist me
2015-9-3
Use props
Barney Rubbel
lvl.4
United States

Pigusus Posted at 2015-5-26 14:25
Me, too! All 4 LED's are always green regardless of charge. I left the controller on after flight  ...

Mine beeps and shuts off if it is not connected to the Phantom after about 5 minutes. One might think that if the controller has not sent any data for a set period of time it might start beeping at you. Not sure, but it sounds good.  
2015-9-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules