Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-S Camera Compatibility List Update
74242 76 2018-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Toadovision
lvl.1
Czechia

D810 owner here. So I have to separately stop start the camera and Ninja.  

But what really annoys me is having to log on to DJI just to use the app to balance check  the gimbal.  Totally unnecessary, we don’t always have the internet so that arrogance needs to be removed.

It’s not as if the app works properly because of the firmware failures in the gimbal
2018-10-28
Use props
Toadovision
lvl.1
Czechia

EAPS Posted at 2018-6-28 08:01
This is absolutely ridiculous. So people who purchased with certain camera models (THAT WERE ADVERTISED AS COMPATIBLE)  are now out of luck because DJI failed to properly test which models are actually available?  

To be clear, the camera models other than the D850 for nikon are never going to be able to utilize the motion lapse/time lapse/ app functions??

You are absolutely right, the compatibility list is getting shorter and shorty.

We were sold one thing but it wasn’t delivered.  To top it off they have the cheek to charge extra for the USB cable that is now needed to gain the advertised functionality (if that ever happens). The hardware is great but the controls are entirely absurd.  

My bugbear is the need to have interest access just to use the app, pointless and useless requirement that adds nothing but grief
2018-10-28
Use props
cdizzzle
lvl.1

Canada

dselder1962 Posted at 8-17 00:35
Have you looked at the monitor on the 7500: you can see what is in focus. And the Focus wheel does work.
You seem to be fixed in it being a dumb useless gimbal: well don't buy one.
I'm happy with it so far and I imagine DJI will update the software/firmware as they progress through all the manufacuters.

Hello! On your Nikon 7500, do you have the AF-ON on or off? Also, is your half-press focus function on the shutter button on or off? I have a Nikon D850, and I'm testing it with the Ronin and my live view turns off when I attach the mcc-b cable. Do you have the most updated firmware on the camera? Would love to chat more and learn more about this. Saw your video too and I'm excited to get this to work on my D850!
2018-11-21
Use props
cdizzzle
lvl.1

Canada

cdizzzle Posted at 11-21 13:52
Hello! On your Nikon 7500, do you have the AF-ON on or off? Also, is your half-press focus function on the shutter button on or off? I have a Nikon D850, and I'm testing it with the Ronin and my live view turns off when I attach the mcc-b cable. Do you have the most updated firmware on the camera? Would love to chat more and learn more about this. Saw your video too and I'm excited to get this to work on my D850!

Did a few more experiments and I've gotten my Nikon D850 to be connected to the Ronin-S via the mcc-b cable to allow for live view. I can also start/stop recording on the Ronin and can pull focus using the focus knob on the Ronin!

Ronin firmware 1.4.30, D850 firmware 1.02. After trying out a few things that I thought would make it work, what did it for me was to connect cable, turn on Ronin, turn on camera, then half press shutter button
2018-11-21
Use props
John Bernath
New

United States

Please add Fujifilm cameras like the XH1 and the XT2 to your compatibility list
2018-11-22
Use props
djiuser_cmu7KY7kBGur
New
Poland

Adding Panasonic Lumix g80/85 to compatibility list would be great! Looking forward for that!
2018-12-2
Use props
AHB
New
United Kingdom

miketmtpro Posted at 7-4 06:46
Want to buy one, but not sure if it will work with my D750

Bought one to use with my d750 as advertised by DJI as compatible, at time of purchase, now they say it is not compatible, in this they are right. Waste of money and no response to questions raised. Ronin S now just sitting on kitchen island unit gathering dust. DO NOT BUY!
2018-12-6
Use props
precious
New
Cyprus

Cannon m50 for robin s? Harry up
2018-12-15
Use props
precious
New
Cyprus

Cannon m50 for robin s? Harry up
2018-12-15
Use props
pickashoot
New

Israel

HOW TO BALANCE SONY A6500 I CANT BALANCE THE PART WHEN I FACE IT UPSIDE DOWN ??
2018-12-19
Use props
djiuser_U2rW3C2MmXus
New

Iran

Hello Why there isn't panasonic leica dg elmarit 200mm f/2.8 power o.i.s in compatibility list? I need it. Please included it.
2018-12-20
Use props
wiesehahn
New
  • >>>
United States

Can you please provide support for the Blackmagic Pocket 4K camera? This is going to be one of the most popular cameras to fly on the Ronin S.
2019-1-2
Use props
djiuser_MuLEDMslD0Ro
France

Hi, I own a Nikon D5600 + RoninS. Firmware up to date.

Everything works as it should, except that Live View turn Off...! And make everything useless...

Does anyone got a trick? Will there be a new update soon? Did I miss something in Nikon menu?
2019-1-4
Use props
Badcat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 422520 ft
United States

NHS77 Posted at 2018-7-8 21:45
Will there be any support for Olympus cameras, especially the EM-1 Mk II? Support for the upcoming Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K would also be fantastic...

...crickets...

Bummer, I was hoping for EM-1 Mk II support as well.
2019-1-11
Use props
aryaf
New
United States

does it work with mini usb cable(dji cable) .is there a new update for 6d mark 1 ?
2019-1-13
Use props
Ounay80
New

France

Hello,
Since the last firmware update (v1.6.0.50), could you confirm me that the autofocus fonction (while half pressing the REC/START button to focus) is available with the RONIN S + GH4 + RSS MX/S cable?
On the compatibility list, it says "Trigger Autofocus" but I don't know what it means so...

Thank you!
2019-1-13
Use props
aryaf
New
United States

i have a ronin s and a canon 6d mark 1
since  te port on my camera is mini usb, it is not compatible with the available cables for ronin s. also, unfortunately there was no mini usb in the packing of ronin s that i purchased.

however, the mini usb cable is available for sale in your website. if i purchase the cable, can i use that for my device considering the new update has just been released, which supports my camera(canon 6d mark 1)
2019-1-14
Use props
hppymnky
lvl.1
Germany

Guys, it can't be that hard to implement more cameras such as Fujifilm. How in the world are you guys not able to implement Fuji? Are you even working on it? Can we expect you to add Fujifilm Cameras? So many are using Fujifilm and with the new XT3 even more consider shooting Video with Fujifilm.
Anything you could tell us?
2019-1-15
Use props
djiuser_MuLEDMslD0Ro
France

djiuser_MuLEDMslD0Ro Posted at 1-4 09:51
Hi, I own a Nikon D5600 + RoninS. Firmware up to date.

Everything works as it should, except that Live View turn Off...! And make everything useless...

Dji... would be nice to reply! Thanks
2019-1-19
Use props
Julien67
New

France

Please add Olympus Em5 MKii to the compatibility list
2019-1-22
Use props
sky_makai
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

Toadovision Posted at 2018-10-28 02:43
D810 owner here. So I have to separately stop start the camera and Ninja.  

But what really annoys me is having to log on to DJI just to use the app to balance check  the gimbal.  Totally unnecessary, we don’t always have the internet so that arrogance needs to be removed.

I agree.  It's an annoyance and has me worried that I'll be somewhere without any data connection and won't be able to change settings on the Ronin-S.
2019-1-22
Use props
fans11bb9c90
lvl.1
United States

wiesehahn Posted at 1-2 14:51
Can you please provide support for the Blackmagic Pocket 4K camera? This is going to be one of the most popular cameras to fly on the Ronin S.

THE BMPCC will mount up just fine which is 95% of the battle, but yes, focus and camera control would be nice.
2019-1-28
Use props
djiuser_3jzxMlISLChR
New

Vietnam

hppymnky Posted at 1-15 15:15
Guys, it can't be that hard to implement more cameras such as Fujifilm. How in the world are you guys not able to implement Fuji? Are you even working on it? Can we expect you to add Fujifilm Cameras? So many are using Fujifilm and with the new XT3 even more consider shooting Video with Fujifilm.
Anything you could tell us?

I agree with you, at least give us the record button
2019-1-29
Use props
Nelsonliao1986
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21962 ft
Philippines

Please make it Support Fujifilm X series cameras!
2019-1-30
Use props
djiuser_0MB3e7daupPs
lvl.1

Hungary

Pls Sony a6300 !!!!
Thx.
2019-2-2
Use props
djiuser_IMBycQPb9TGx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8268 ft
France

so the camcorder Sony ax100 can not be compatible with the focus wheel?
2019-2-16
Use props
chainmon
Captain
Flight distance : 2624892 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't see Pentax k1 mark II yet?
2019-2-17
Use props
Dnorton
lvl.3
Ireland

People in the UK and Ireland.... if you want to complain about the lies told about the Ronin s ... here is the UK/Ireland distributers phone number.... COMPLAIN TO THEM AS THIS SITE DOES NOTHING APART FROM MAKE MORE PROMISES   +44 20 8962 2500

TIME TO CONTACT THE CONSUMER WATCHDOG
2019-2-17
Use props
360* Photograh
New
United States

Wish the correct cable came with Ronin for the 5d markiii, Bought the Ronin for a show next weekend and I cannot get one here soon enough to use.
2019-3-2
Use props
bburkley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1248963 ft
  • >>>
United States

Antonio Azzurro Due Posted at 2018-8-4 08:23
For the DJI support:

Do you think there will be a chance the ronin-s will communicate with a RED DSMC2 camera trought the control port?

I would like to know the answer to this as well. This would be wonderful.
2019-3-19
Use props
F0pGbCm8btBR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 435781 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Fujifilm support please.
2019-3-26
Use props
FO Studios
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228494 ft
Germany

Lumix fz300 works also with the Ronin mx/s rss to "panasonic remote" cable! The mini usb cable for the ronins doesn’t work, also the rss to usb- adapter is not working.
2019-6-8
Use props
FO Studios
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228494 ft
Germany

Lumix fz300 works also with the Ronin mx/s rss to "panasonic remote" cable! The mini usb cable for the ronins doesn’t work, also the rss to usb- adapter is not working.
2019-6-8
Use props
djiuser_X4905qcZI7IV
New
Turkey

Hello i just needed to know if Focus wheel is supported for canon 6d ? Focus motor is only for the lenses that can be physically focused or its for some camera models as well .

I can use focus wheel with 6d if my lens is capable of autofocusing?

Regards
2019-7-3
Use props
djiuser_yAGiBDLVaoIM
New

Serbia

Hi
i got d7500 nikon does ronin s suport?
Do i must change lens i got 18/140? And does kit include cable?
thanks
2019-8-27
Use props
djiuser_DfMzQcmvthCJ
New

Please help me to compatible the ronin s to canon 800D
2019-9-12
Use props
Alleyoop
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_DfMzQcmvthCJ Posted at 2019-9-12 04:22
Please help me to compatible the ronin s to canon 800D

Can anyone tell me if handycams such as the Panasonic WXF1M are compatible with this gimbal?
2020-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules