• Date: 2018.06.28
  • Firmware: v1.2.0.10
  • Ronin App iOS: v1.1.1
  • Ronin App Android: v 1.1.1
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (PC): v2.0.0
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (Mac): v2.0.0
  • User Manual: v1.0

What’s New?
  • Added focus pulling support and autofocus triggering for Canon 5D MKIV with supported EF lenses. Autofocus can be used by pressing halfway on the gimbal’s camera control button.
  • Added focus pulling support and autofocus triggering feature for Nikon D850 with supported NIKKOR lenses. Autofocus can be used by pressing halfway on the gimbal’s camera control button.
  • Added autofocus triggering feature for Panasonic GH5/GH5S with supported lenses, which can be used by pressing halfway on the gimbal’s camera control button.
  • Optimized IR control.
  • Improved the image quality under low-light conditions or when taking long exposure shots in Motionlapse mode by implementing shoot-move-shoot capturing style.
  • Fixed an issue where some photos would be lost when using Create features on supported Sony cameras.
  • Enhanced SmoothTrack smoothing when the Push function is enabled.
  • Fixed an issue when using the gimbal where the trigger response was too slow.

Notes:
  • Leave the Ronin-S turned off and update the firmware through the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin by connecting the USB -C port on the Ronin-S to your computer. Then proceed with the firmware update. Do not disconnect the gimbal from the computer while updating.
  • After the update is complete, unplug the USB-C cable from the Ronin-S and then proceed to turn on the gimbal.
  • If the Ronin-S is turned on when updating firmware and a camera is attached, make sure to protect the camera and lens from collision as the motors will shut off during the update process.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the Ronin-S and retry.
  • It is possible to revert back to the previous firmware version.
  • When setting the interval time for Motionlapse, always add at least one second on top of your exposure time to allow for gimbal movement.

2018-6-28
Use props
NCP
lvl.2
United States

Awesome. Can't wait to test it out. Even though it doesn't say so, wondering if using a micro/mini adapter on the USB cable will allow a 5d Mark III to be controlled also.
2018-6-28
Use props
thephilz
lvl.2
United States

What about the remainder of Nikon cameras? The focus on D850 makes it seem that all the issues are still not resolved.
2018-6-28
Use props
DannyPie
lvl.2

Yes! My Ronin is coming within the hour too
2018-6-28
Use props
rbendjebar.mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>

Thanks DJI engineers for getting out this timely FW update. It will make the  GH5/s, 5D4 and D850 owners happy. I can only hope that future FW updates are in the works for additional camera models (such as all Sony cameras and older  versions of Canon, Nikon and Panasonic. My Ronin-S shows shipped (with no tracking number yet), so I expect to be able to fully utilize start/stop video, photo shutter release and focus pulling with my 5D4. Will I have to wait for a future update to fully control my 1DXII?

Your release notes for the new FW mention that you've enabled shoot-move-shoot for "Motionlapse." That is a welcome update to the app, especially for low light, long exposure time lapses with the camera needing to remain motion-less during shutter opening. Now if only it were possible to sync movement with third-party sliders.
2018-6-28
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5000 ft
Italy

OK.... in short, for the 5D markIII, in your current development forecast: neither focusing nor control of shooting parameters (time, ISO and aperture). Does DJI plan to develop 5D markIII Canon focus control and shutter parameter control in the short term? Please answer me on this. Otherwise it is better that the owners of 5D markIII buy the Zhiyun Crane V2 gimbal already perfectly compatible with Canon 5D markIII.
I'm sorry because I'm a DJI supporter (owner of S900, phantom 4pro, Inspire2 and Ronin M) .... waiting to decide for Ronin Sat least the app has all the creative features shown on the site (motionlapse, timlapse, tracking and pano) fully functional for eos 5d markIIi? or even those are a gadget that will come in the future?
2018-6-29
Use props
fans3f26f083
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

egargiulo Posted at 2018-6-29 02:18
OK.... in short, for the 5D markIII, in your current development forecast: neither focusing nor control of shooting parameters (time, ISO and aperture). Does DJI plan to develop 5D markIII Canon focus control and shutter parameter control in the short term? Please answer me on this. Otherwise it is better that the owners of 5D markIII buy the Zhiyun Crane V2 gimbal already perfectly compatible with Canon 5D markIII.
I'm sorry because I'm a DJI supporter (owner of S900, phantom 4pro, Inspire2 and Ronin M) .... waiting to decide for Ronin S

same question here>>>

im still waiting my order
dji store says 20-25  days but now almost one month (oeder it 30th may)

if does not support canon 5d mark 3 just tell us to cancel the order
2018-6-29
Use props
NCP
lvl.2

fans3f26f083 Posted at 2018-6-29 06:18
same question here>>>

im still waiting my order

Read my thread I started about the 5D Mark III. Has info pertaining to this.
2018-6-29
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

NCP Posted at 2018-6-29 18:50
Read my thread I started about the 5D Mark III. Has info pertaining to this.

would you give me the link of the post?
2018-6-30
Use props
Thomas M
New

Denmark

i have oredered June 4th and no updates yet. Ordernumber 0450984525076
Any News??
2018-6-30
Use props
NCP
lvl.2
United States

egargiulo Posted at 2018-6-30 04:15
would you give me the link of the post?

Canon 5D Mark III cable for Ronin S
https://forum.dji.com/thread-152770-1-1.html

Make sure you are reading the Ronin-S specific forum also. Lots of posts and info among the various topics that are easy to find.
2018-6-30
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Italy

Grazie. con ronin-s la messa a fuoco funziona con 5d markIII. va bene con 5d markIII? and do creative features work with 5d markIII?
2018-6-30
Use props
djiuser_o36DqnQf2kid
lvl.1

I received my ronin -S in the post. Have spent 2 days trying to make it work....
(In the future can you just NOT have the gimbal only work with an app... COS the App is frakkin useless. )

Ronin App Android: v 1.1.1
DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (PC): v2.0.0

Where are the links to these???!

2018-7-12
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

djiuser_o36DqnQf2kid Posted at 2018-7-12 16:22
I received my ronin -S in the post. Have spent 2 days trying to make it work....
(In the future can you just NOT have the gimbal only work with an app... COS the App is frakkin useless. )

The links can be found here.
2018-7-14
Use props
Cuban Dji
lvl.1

United States

Thomas M Posted at 2018-6-30 06:02
i have oredered June 4th and no updates yet. Ordernumber 0450984525076
Any News??

hi any luck, i just ordered mine on 7/10
2018-7-14
Use props
VancouverWill
lvl.1
Canada

StianGel Posted at 2018-7-14 04:36
The links can be found here.

Thanks mate
2018-7-25
Use props
Iain Anderson
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks for adding an "autofocus on request" button. As of the current firmware update, half-pressing the focus button on the GH5 does do autofocus when in MF mode. This is the same "back button focus" behaviour you get when using the AF/AE Lock button (if you assign it to "AF-ON" in the menus) and it's a great compromise between full autofocus and manual focus.

However, the current implementation is actually problematic, because the camera now autofocuses every time I start recording with the gimbal. You can't press a button without also half pressing it!

There's actually another small button next to the focus wheel itself, and it doesn't do anything when connected to the GH5. I'd love to be able to use that button to autofocus instead — is that possible? Right now, I can't set my focus manually and then start recording, because it'll reset the focus as recording starts. (Less important, it also changes focus when ending recording.)
2018-7-25
Use props
FRMLproductions
lvl.1
Canada

Once I start recording I loss focus-pulling. but when it's not recording I can pull focus using the Ronin-s side wheel. (gh5 + ronin-s). Anyt suggestions?
2018-8-1
Use props
Iain Anderson
lvl.1
Australia

Iain Anderson Posted at 2018-7-25 17:25
Thanks for adding an "autofocus on request" button. As of the current firmware update, half-pressing the focus button on the GH5 does do autofocus when in MF mode. This is the same "back button focus" behaviour you get when using the AF/AE Lock button (if you assign it to "AF-ON" in the menus) and it's a great compromise between full autofocus and manual focus.

However, the current implementation is actually problematic, because the camera now autofocuses every time I start recording with the gimbal. You can't press a button without also half pressing it!

Thank you for fixing this focus issue in the new (August 2018) firmware. It now works perfectly with my GH5 — I can start recording without changing focus, and I can easily focus without starting recording. Great!
2018-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules