Antenna busted, installed the Argtek
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bear5oh
lvl.2
United States

Just like it says, one my my controller antennas got broken off.  I looked everywhere to find an actual dji replacement but no luck.

I ended up purchasing the ARGtek with the 3 pairs of antennas, etc.  Fairly easy to install if you reference the some of the YouTube vids prior.  This was my cheapest solution.

Anyone else using this setup?  How do you like it so far?

B.
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do feel sorry about your controller's antenna was broken. Unfortunately this is not a supported device to fly your aircraft. Having said that , if in any case your drone has an incident of "fly-away" or crashed. This may void the warranty of your aircraft if it still falls under DJI's aircraft's warranty policy.
2018-6-28
Use props
Bear5oh
lvl.2
United States

It was already out of warranty.  Couldn't seem to get an answer calling dji service.  I know it's not covered.  I'm just wondering if people have experienced the same performance of signal and not LESS.

Thank you.
2018-6-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Can you link us to the Argtek antennas you purchased?
2018-6-28
Use props
Bear5oh
lvl.2
United States

2018-6-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did the new antenna help your signal?
2018-6-28
Use props
Bear5oh
lvl.2
United States

I don't necessarily fly far enough out that I was worried about my signal.  So far the ARGtek seems to work just as well as the original.
2018-6-28
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft

I installed the ARGtek antenna on my P3S over a year ago.  It did not hurt my performance but did not increase my range either.  I removed them and stored them in the garage.  They did improve range for some folks.  I don't know what the difference it!
2018-6-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It's a shame when the DJI stick antennas break off because DJI is really good at everything they do, and that includes antennas.  Ideally, if you wanted to replace that stick antenna with another stick antenna,  you would replace that antenna with another DJI antenna just like it.  And I know they're around because lots of people have done mods and managed to remove the OEM DJI antenna without damaging it too badly at the base, although it's tricky to say the least.  But if you replace the DJI stick antenna with some other stick antenna such as Argtek, it almost certainly won't perform as well.  OTOH, if you replace the stick antenna with a panel antenna such as Argtek, which is more directional instead of omni, you potentially could get more range.  However, if I was going to go to all the trouble of doing an antenna mod, I'd replace it with the best antenna I could find, and that would be an ITELITE because that's what the long distance guys like.  Remove the guess work and choose to use an antenna that the experts choose to use.  But otherwise, if you never had range problems to start with, you may be satisfied with the Argtek whether you go stick or panel.  

Note that the Argtek is painfully vacant from this list of antennas used by P4 range leaders:  https://phantompilots.com/thread ... -leaderboard.72554/

Also note that the list is not up to date because, apparently, the OP can't keep up with it.  I have repeatedly asked him in emails to update it and he has promised in emails to update it "today" but the day ends and nothing happens and more weeks go by and still nothing happens.  

Good luck.  

2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules