Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paxos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 335860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,
can the Ronin-S supply power to the camera? If so, how?

Connecting the Remote Control cable stops the camera from working and shows an error message (Sony).

Thanks,
Patrick
2018-6-28
Use props
thephilz
lvl.2
United States

The Ronin-S itself won't power the camera. The cable does not work–DJI falsely advertised wide compatibility with cameras but in reality, and only after todays firmware, support 8 cameras.
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Patrick, Ronin-S can supply power to the camera via the 4-pin connector.
For Sony cameras, please use the ISS-IR cable at the moment, we are developing USB Shutter control, please note our website about the future release.
Here is the Ronin-S Camera Compatibility List for your reference: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2018-6-29
Use props
AceReturns
lvl.1

United States

So, does that mean that when USB Shutter control is enabled, the Ronin-S will also pass power through to the camera via USB? This is what the Zhiyun Crane 2 does, and it's one of my favorite features. I bought the Ronin-S hoping I could use the gimbal to charge the camera and a power bank to charge the gimbal--effectively allowing me to be charged and mobile indefinitely. A feature like this would turn the Ronin-S' hulking battery from its biggest weakness to its biggest asset. Unfortunately, as of now, neither USB cable from the Ronin-S turns on the charging light on my A7III.
2018-7-12
Use props
hazz
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-29 00:42
Patrick, Ronin-S can supply power to the camera via the 4-pin connector.
For Sony cameras, please use the ISS-IR cable at the moment, we are developing USB Shutter control, please note our website about the future release.
Here is the Ronin-S Camera Compatibility List for your reference: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline

Can you let us know how to do this? as I can't get the ronin s to charge my camera with any one of my cables. thanks
2018-10-8
Use props
Surface2Air
Second Officer
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

bumping the thread
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

hazz Posted at 2018-10-8 01:44
Can you let us know how to do this? as I can't get the ronin s to charge my camera with any one of my cables. thanks

Hi hazz, there are two 4-pin ports on the Ronin-S, which can provide 24 W power to charge a third-party accessory or camera. But the corresponding cable or accessory is required. The accessories will be released soon, please note our website about the future update, thank you.
2018-10-8
Use props
hazz
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-8 23:48
Hi hazz, there are two 4-pin ports on the Ronin-S, which can provide 24 W power to charge a third-party accessory or camera. But the corresponding cable or accessory is required. The accessories will be released soon, please note our website about the future update, thank you.

lol, so you are going to try to get everyone to spend more money on more things you are pushing out to try to make up for the money you lost by pushing out an unfinished product and having it fail.

pretty sure you advertised that the ronin s will
charge cameras
pull focus
zoom lenses
start-stop record
motion lapse

and that is just scratching the surface

The FTC and I both know you lied on all of them because it SIMPLY doesn't, the Ronin S + another $5000 worth of accessories might be able to do those things in another 6-12 months which is not the proviso you sold this stupid stick to thousands of people on.
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

hazz Posted at 2018-10-11 22:10
lol, so you are going to try to get everyone to spend more money on more things you are pushing out to try to make up for the money you lost by pushing out an unfinished product and having it fail.

pretty sure you advertised that the ronin s will

Hi hazz, these features are available, but we recommend to refer to our compatible list and use the cameras we have tested, our engineers are still working on testing more cameras and developing more features, but some features will need an accessory to achieve, thanks for your understanding.
2018-10-12
Use props
hazz
lvl.2

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-12 23:01
Hi hazz, these features are available, but we recommend to refer to our compatible list and use the cameras we have tested, our engineers are still working on testing more cameras and developing more features, but some features will need an accessory to achieve, thanks for your understanding.

no, they aren't.......
have you read anything on the forum? its 99% people calling DJI on the Ronin S lies
2018-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules