Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Epic Nomadic Life - From China to Brazil
1213 10 2018-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leotreks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 351982 ft
Brazil

Hello! I'm Leo. New here! I'm a nomad and been traveling the world for 6 years! I have seen great entries and posts and a lot of great tips in this forum! You guys are awesome!
Here are my entries, followed by the tips.

1. Entries
Climbing Solo on Mars! Epic and Insane Travel destination! A Hidden paradise!

Rock Climb in South Korea

Arriving in an unexplored region of China

Trekking in a Sacred Mountain - Playing and Praying

Found the letter T in Brazil, Maranhão

Sunshine on the Shrine

TIPS

1 - Simple Packing Tools/Problem-solving Material (THIS IS NOT A LIST)

As a solo-traveler/backpacker, I always try to keep my packing light but also bring something that could help me solve a problem during my aerial filming/photograph

This is not a list, because you have to change the items depending on where you are going and needs.
For example,  filmed the following scene in a desert and my drone got a lot of sand inside and starting accusing "Chipset Overheated. The Aircraft will shut down". I couldn't fly anymore, and I had all batteries fully-charged and a beautiful landscape and that was my last day on this paradise! This happened right after this clip:

What saved my shooting day was that knowing that would be sand everywhere I also had brought a can of compressed air (Dust-off compressed air duster) just to be safe. I decided to use it and blow the air inside all the holes of the aircraft to remove the sand. And it Worked! The fan came back to normal and I could keep flying!

So my tip is for you to think about the problems that you could have at the location and bring something that could help you to solve it. Will there be sand/water/difficult terrain (should I bring the landing pad/will I use ND filters/ etc)

2 - Make good use of the quickshots and programmed flights. - This is especially useful for me when I'm filming myself doing another activity at the same time (Riding a horse/Trekking).
The last two videos of the post (Playing and Praying) was done using pretty much using "Dronie/Rocket/Helix Quickshots", which allowed me to do something else (While obviously keeping an eye for obstacles etc) and to have more smooth and fluid shots

Although quickshots make everything easier and we should use it, you gotta own your aircraft and know how to quickly regain control.
For example, when I was doing the video in the desert above, Two dogs appeared out of nowhere running down the dune! I couldn't miss the opportunity, so you gotta be knowledgeable about the manual mode and shooting, and open to improvisation during the filming to not miss those "not-planned" moments. So the next tip is:

3- Practice Flight and Practice Shooting (at separate days) take the most of it.

Flight practices: During those days, I try to recreate quick shots on manual mode and tweak with settings in general, like camera/gimbal speed, and unleash the sports as I always practice in isolated areas. Open fields etc.
Shooting Practice: On this kind of day I just Don't stop shooting. I clog all my memory cards shooting videos and pictures.
Some of my best shots I realized only days later checking footage that I thought at a first glance it was bad, that's the picture below as an example of the process of "Mining" all your pictures.

An example: I took so many pictures this day that I only realized after that what I thought it was a bad panorama, had a great picture inside!

1- A bad pano (I moved during the process) - Cropped a good part
2- Raised the temperature a little. - That's the only edit I did. I'm not into photoshopping my pictures,  but I did this adjustment in order to have the picture you saw earlier!

In summary, I think that's all. Let me hear your thoughts! Best wishes! And keep flying and exploring!
All of the good thoughts,
Leo

This post contains more resources

You need to Login Before they can download or view these resources, Don’t have an account?Register now

x
2018-6-28
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

wow... just wow. That was amazing buddy
2018-6-30
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

Woooow!
Incredible stuff!
Astonishing!
Thanks a lot for sharing!

ps: Is 'pedra branca' playing on the first video background sound?

2018-7-4
Use props
leotreks
lvl.1
Brazil

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-6-30 23:14
wow... just wow. That was amazing buddy

Thank you very much! Your words mean a lot to me! Safe travels!
2018-7-5
Use props
leotreks
lvl.1
Brazil

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-7-4 20:40
Woooow!
Incredible stuff!
Astonishing!

Uhuuul!
Cheers mate! Happy to hear you liked it!

The song of the first video is called "Free Tibet" from "Hilight Tribe"
2018-7-5
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

leotreks Posted at 2018-7-5 04:21

you are welcome buddy!
2018-7-5
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

leotreks Posted at 2018-7-5 04:21

keep it up!
2018-7-5
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

leotreks Posted at 2018-7-5 04:23
Uhuuul!
Cheers mate! Happy to hear you liked it!

Really like it man! Keep it up!
Nice song! Pretty similar to pedra branca's mood!
Thanks for sharing!
2018-7-5
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

Wow nice work; all the best
2018-7-6
Use props
leotreks
lvl.1
Brazil

dronto Posted at 2018-7-6 17:09
Wow nice work; all the best

Thank you man! I appreciate that! All the Best!
2018-7-7
Use props
dronto
lvl.4
Singapore

leotreks Posted at 2018-7-7 07:09
Thank you man! I appreciate that! All the Best!

Thank you
2018-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules