Mavic Air - wifi found but "No Internet Connection"
5365 11 2018-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevin Green
New

United States

Help!  I just used my Mavic Air a few days ago and everything worked fine.  Tried to use it today and did the same set up.  Wifi popped up on my phone and I clicked on it.  Message underneath the wifi name stated in yellow "No Internet Connection".  I have no issues linking to other wifi networks right now, just the one on the drone.  Tried resetting the SSID by holding Function button until I heard three beeps.  Clicked Forget This Network then rejoined it.  Same problem.  Any other suggestions?
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, regarding with your concern it's actually normal because if ever that you'll be using a Wi-Fi connection you have to connect your phone directly to your aircraft via Wi-Fi, however, that doesn't mean that our aircraft can produce internet source it's just another way of connection on our Mavic air.
2018-6-28
Use props
Kevin Green
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-28 12:55
Hi, regarding with your concern it's actually normal because if ever that you'll be using a Wi-Fi connection you have to connect your phone directly to your aircraft via Wi-Fi, however, that doesn't mean that our aircraft can produce internet source it's just another way of connection on our Mavic air.

I'm a bit confused.  It worked a few days ago but now it won't connect.  I didn't do anything different to connect.  To be clear, the drone worked fine a few days ago, but now it will not connect so I can fly.  The only thing I see different is that it says "No Internet Connection".
2018-6-28
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Kevin Green Posted at 2018-6-28 18:13
I'm a bit confused.  It worked a few days ago but now it won't connect.  I didn't do anything different to connect.  To be clear, the drone worked fine a few days ago, but now it will not connect so I can fly.  The only thing I see different is that it says "No Internet Connection".

You are trying to fly the drone with only your phone, no remote? Whenever you connect your phone to the drones WiFi it will say no internet connection because the drone does not supply one.
2018-6-28
Use props
Kevin Green
New

United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-6-28 18:22
You are trying to fly the drone with only your phone, no remote? Whenever you connect your phone to the drones WiFi it will say no internet connection because the drone does not supply one.

I have my phone plugged into the remote.  Drone will not connect so I can fly.  The wifi connection pops up like normal except that it says "No Internet Connection".  It has never done that before, so I'm not sure why it will not connect.
2018-6-28
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
United States

You should not be connecting your phone WiFi to the drone. You need to pair the remote to the drone again and use only the usb cable to connect your phone to the remote.
2018-6-28
Use props
Kevin Green
New

United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-6-28 20:13
You should not be connecting your phone WiFi to the drone. You need to pair the remote to the drone again and use only the usb cable to connect your phone to the remote.

I am not connecting the phone wifi to the drone.  The drone's wifi connection is not reading properly to activate the drone.  I have scanned the QR code, I have followed the instructions to go into my phone WIFI settings to activate, I have completely unplugged the phone and only used the RC.  I have clicked "forget this network" then turned everything back on and started over.  None of these different attempts produce a positive result.

I am simply plugging my phone into the RC like the tutorial says using the cable shown in the attached pic.  I have done the exact same thing at least 8 times before with no issues.  I use the DJI GO 4 app as I always have.  But starting today, when I try to start up the drone my connection does not work.  I use this drone for work and need to get this resolved ASAP.  Please understand that when I open the DJI GO 4 app I am strictly following the instructions just as I have every other time.  I am not breaking any procedures to start up the drone.  But today it will not hook up.  Was there an update in the past 4 days?  I flew this drone on Sunday morning with zero issues.  Now it sits here unable to connect and I have no idea what to do.  I didn't drop it, it hasn't been exposed to heat or water or alien radiowaves.  It is a simple startup process that no longer works.  PLEASE HELP!
2018-6-28
Use props
MaikR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just put your phone in flight mode and connect controller. Shouldn't do anything with WIFI on your phone.
2018-6-28
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
United States

There is no WiFi involved here. WiFi is only used when connecting to the drone without controller. When you reset the WiFi by holding the button for 3 beeps you Disconnected the remote from the drone until you pair it again. The drone gets activated through your phones internet connection.
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Kevin Green Posted at 2018-6-28 20:48
[view_image]

I am not connecting the phone wifi to the drone.  The drone's wifi connection is not reading properly to activate the drone.  I have scanned the QR code, I have followed the instructions to go into my phone WIFI settings to activate, I have completely unplugged the phone and only used the RC.  I have clicked "forget this network" then turned everything back on and started over.  None of these different attempts produce a positive result.

Hi, sorry for the late response, if you're using a remote controller, you'll be needing to connect your phone to your RC via cable and it's not necessary to turn on the Wi-Fi on your mobile device. I would suggest linking first your RC to your aircraft once you have the solid green LED light on your remote controller then connect your phone and in any case that you encountered an error message in the DJI GO 4 app, please let us know so that you can provide further details.
2018-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Kevin Green Posted at 2018-6-28 20:48
[view_image]

I am not connecting the phone wifi to the drone.  The drone's wifi connection is not reading properly to activate the drone.  I have scanned the QR code, I have followed the instructions to go into my phone WIFI settings to activate, I have completely unplugged the phone and only used the RC.  I have clicked "forget this network" then turned everything back on and started over.  None of these different attempts produce a positive result.

Is the phone connected to your controller, if it is then that’s the way it should be, now it seems your problem is your RC is not paired with your drone , so red light is on , you will need to pair your RC to drone.
2018-7-1
Use props
Kevin Green
New

United States

I think I have it fixed.  For some reason the RC controller would lose its connection when I attached my phone and the drone’s WiFi signal was switching over to my phone (DJI 8040 was WiFi name).  My phone was linking to it and I would use my phone to fly the drone.  The other day it did the same thing except my phone wouldn’t complete the connection.  When I turned off my phone WiFi search the drone WiFi stayed with the RC after I connected my phone.  It was the only time I ever had an issue and the instructions don’t tell me to turn off my phone WiFi search so I had no idea what was going wrong.  Thanks for the help.
2018-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules