DJI GO Software Not sure what is correct Vs?
1752 17 2018-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bentley Meredit
lvl.1
United States

I bought my P3 Standard about 2 years ago and use it very little.  I have an ASUS tablet that worked well when I 1st got it and down loaded the DJI GO app about 2 years ago.  Not sure what version it was.  I tried to use my drone today and it wont connect.  Keeps saying DJI GO wont connect and do I want to report problem.  I go to Google Play and the only app I see that seems like it will work is DJI Go 4-For drones since P4.  Well mine is a P3 and the Standard version.

Can someone please tell we what app I should be downloading so I can get going again.  I have tried the above app and it does not work.  I have installed and deleted it twice and it will not work  I guess maybe I need to update my RC too, but I am not an IT guy and I do not even know how to check to see if that needs to be done too?

I sure hope I am not going to be told that the tablet I bought just for this drone is no longer compatible!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with your app. If you have the Phantom 3 drone , then you should download the DJI GO app. May i ask when was the last time you updated your app by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Also you mention you are using a ASUS tablet. May we ask what is the specific model of your tablet?
2018-6-28
Use props
Bentley Meredit
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-28 14:01
Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum, we do apologize if you are having issues with your app. If you have the Phantom 3 drone , then you should download the DJI GO app. May i ask when was the last time you updated your app by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Also you mention you are using a ASUS tablet. May we ask what is the specific model of your tablet?

I cant find just a DJI GO app.  Not in Google Play at least, I just uninstalled the app 15 minutes ago!
2018-6-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I go to Google Play and the only app I see that seems like it will work is DJI Go 4-For drones since P4.  
Your P3 Standard was released long before the P4 series.
The app for you is DJI Go, not DJI Go4

Try this:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.pilot

It could be that your tablet isn't up to running the current app and you may need to get something with a faster processor and more RAM.
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bentley Meredit Posted at 2018-6-28 14:03
I cant find just a DJI GO app.  Not in Google Play at least, I just uninstalled the app 15 minutes ago!

Hi, for the list of compatible devices you may refer to the link below. Thank you.

2018-6-28
Use props
Bentley Meredit
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-28 14:01

I have installed/uninstalled the app twice in the last hour. ASUS Memo Pad 7.
2018-6-28
Use props
Bentley Meredit
lvl.1
United States

So my ASUS tablet has worked fine for 2 years with the DJI Go App.  I go to use it today it dosent and I get a cookie cutter response that here is what is an acceptable device cuz we keep updating our apps and yours is no longer compatible?  Simply Bravo Sierra is my response to DJI!

Thanks for the attempt at help, I guess I will go set up a sale of a 2 year old P3 on Ebay!  See if I can get $25 for it!
2018-6-28
Use props
Bentley Meredit
lvl.1
United States

So is there a 7 inch tablet out there that will run this app, that will not be obsolete in 2 years and is under $100?
2018-6-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bentley Meredit Posted at 2018-6-28 15:12
So is there a 7 inch tablet out there that will run this app, that will not be obsolete in 2 years and is under $100?

Is there a latest model, high performance tablet for a junk price?
Strangely, there isn't.
Good ones are out there around $300.
2018-6-28
Use props
Bentley Meredit
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-28 15:15
Is there a latest model, high performance tablet for a junk price?
Strangely, there isn't.
Good ones are out there around $300.

I am not looking for latest model, high performance.  I am looking for something that will work.  My ASUS Memo Pad 7 that was bought 2 1/2 years ago for $97 worked for 2 years.  So I did not think it was such a tough question!  I just want a tablet so I can run my device and turn the camera on while in flight.  That is all I am looking to do, and not have to buy a new tablet every 2 years!
2018-6-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bentley Meredit Posted at 2018-6-28 15:26
I am not looking for latest model, high performance.  I am looking for something that will work.  My ASUS Memo Pad 7 that was bought 2 1/2 years ago for $97 worked for 2 years.  So I did not think it was such a tough question!  I just want a tablet so I can run my device and turn the camera on while in flight.  That is all I am looking to do, and not have to buy a new tablet every 2 years!

Unfortunately to run current versions of the Go app you are needing a high performance tablet.
2018-6-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I am not looking for latest model, high performance.  I am looking for something that will work.  My ASUS Memo Pad 7 that was bought 2 1/2 years ago for $97 worked for 2 years.  So I did not think it was such a tough question!  I just want a tablet so I can run my device and turn the camera on while in flight.  That is all I am looking to do, and not have to buy a new tablet every 2 years!

The latest versions of the Go App have had so many new features and changes that it now requires a higher performance device to run the application. You can thank DJI for that. You might try buying a better tablet from a pawn shop at a lower price. But only buy one that is on the list of recxommened devices.

2018-6-28
Use props
Bentley Meredit
lvl.1
United States

I do appreciate you all taking the time to respond...Sorry if I came across as a Richard!  Any recommendation on a "low end" high performance tablet, about 7 inches is all that will fit on the RC, that wont be obsolete in 2 years?
2018-6-28
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft

Old Android phones/tablets with 2 gig or less ram will not be able to run the newer Go app versions as well as they did a couple years ago. The Go app has gotten larger in size and requires more ram and cpu power than these older devices can provide. DJI now recommends 3 gigs ram which explains why so many models of viewing devices have been removed from the recommended device list.The Google PlayStore does not provide older Go app versions so you'll have to go to phantomhelp.com and select under the heading 'software' and scroll down to view the listings of "Older DJI versions before P4" and select the Go app version you desire. Just download it into your device's download folder and open it. It wil be an .APK file that is executible and will install the app. This advice is only for the P3, do not select any app that supports the P4.

I have two tablets with 2 gig ram and both run the Go app version 3.1.11 without major video lag.
2018-6-29
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I am not looking for latest model, high performance.  I am looking for something that will work.  My ASUS Memo Pad 7 that was bought 2 1/2 years ago for $97 worked for 2 years.  So I did not think it was such a tough question!  I just want a tablet so I can run my device and turn the camera on while in flight.  That is all I am looking to do, and not have to buy a new tablet every 2 years!

"That is all I am looking to do, and not have to buy a new tablet every 2 years!"

That would be awesome if only every 2 years a new device is required to run the app smoothly!
I'm on my 3rd tablet within 16 months. Looks like the next one is due in fall.

2018-6-29
Use props
Bentley Meredit
lvl.1
United States

Betamace Posted at 2018-6-29 04:13
Old Android phones/tablets with 2 gig or less ram will not be able to run the newer Go app versions as well as they did a couple years ago. The Go app has gotten larger in size and requires more ram and cpu power than these older devices can provide. DJI now recommends 3 gigs ram which explains why so many models of viewing devices have been removed from the recommended device list.The Google PlayStore does not provide older Go app versions so you'll have to go to phantomhelp.com and select under the heading 'software' and scroll down to view the listings of "Older DJI versions before P4" and select the Go app version you desire. Just download it into your device's download folder and open it. It wil be an .APK file that is executible and will install the app. This advice is only for the P3, do not select any app that supports the P4.

I have two tablets with 2 gig ram and both run the Go app version 3.1.11 without major video lag.

Hot Dang I love smart people.  Will be flying in 30 minutes.  Buy ya lunch if you are ever in Culpeper, VA

Thanks Man!
2018-6-29
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft

Bentley Meredit Posted at 2018-6-29 12:45
Hot Dang I love smart people.  Will be flying in 30 minutes.  Buy ya lunch if you are ever in Culpeper, VA

Thanks Man!

Good. Sorry I'm late giving advice but here's a good tip for using an Android device for flying:

First of all, take this opportunity to uninstall any apps on your device you no longer intend to use. This includes any previously installed version of the Go app and the biggest resource hog is typically the Go app, followed by the Google Chrome browser. Not everything you see when you press the "square" will still be actually be running in the background but it's a good idea to disable or uninstall them in the program manager and then reboot your device  before installing another version of the Go app. This frees up desperately needed resources needed by the Go app to run efficiently. Turn off "battery Saver" in your device's Battery settings too. Remember this: Once you stop or close an app, it still occupies the same amount of ram it used while it was running.  Swiping the app off the recently opened screen only clears a small percentage of system cache so it's best to take out the trash and then reboot before installing or running the Go app.
The leaner your device is, the better.
2018-6-29
Use props
Bentley Meredit
lvl.1
United States

Appreciated the advice.  It loaded up, but it would not process the video in real time. So half the battle was won.  I will delete all the other apps, I use this device maybe one a year as a real tablet, so I really don't care if the DJI is the only app on it and see if it might run!  On a side note, I downloaded the new app on my sisters smart phone, opend up fine, but it will not connect to the drone, keeps saying the password is wrong an I know that is not correct!

Still appreciate the help!
2018-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules