Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO4 App crashing
1919 11 2018-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans622ce843
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61319 ft

Having a problem with my CrystalSky Ultra, the DJI go 4 app keeps crashing. I tried doing a reset  but I still have the problem with the app.  At least three times while flying the app crashed  and turned off ( The screen went back to the home screen ) but I still had control of the drone and landed safely. It has the latest version firmware v02.06.06.00, ( with older firmware version is this never happened )

Is anyone else having this problem?
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the troubles. May I know what's the current APP version? It is recommended to download from our website and refresh the firmware to see whether it works.
If no luck, please kindly upload a short issue video, we'd like to check the exact status. Thanks in advance!
2018-6-28
Use props
fans622ce843
lvl.4

DJI  Susan,
I have the latest firmware version installed on the crystal sky which includes the DJI Go4 app ( see attached photo ) sorry I don’t know how to update just the DJI GO 4 app on the CrystalSky, and neither did DJI support when I called them today. I will try to do a video but basically after starting the controller the Crystalsky and my Phantom 4 Pro  A notice comes on the CrystalSky screen  that says “ DJI Go 4 app has stopped working” the app  closes, and then goes back to the home screen.  It has done this on the ground and sometimes with the drone in the air.
0F4D5069-780F-4CD2-9A9E-41CE1319B259.jpeg
2018-6-28
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Try to close any of apps, running in the background ( middle button, then the most right button at the bottom, if i remember correctly now)
2018-6-29
Use props
fans622ce843
lvl.4

DJI  Susan
Here is a video of the problem i’m having that you requested.
2018-6-29
Use props
fans622ce843
lvl.4

Oops  The video did not post trying again
2018-6-29
Use props
fans622ce843
lvl.4

DJI Susan
My video would not upload on the forum so are you posting a link to YouTube so you can see it.

https://youtu.be/CDWZhdo2J_E
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans622ce843 Posted at 2018-6-29 12:18
DJI Susan
My video would not upload on the forum so are you posting a link to YouTube so you can see it.

Hi, thank you for providing the video, we have forwarded it to our engineers for a check, if there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-6-30
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue on mine with the I2/X7. It seems to have a better chance of not crashing once the app has been running (with the Inspire turned on) for a few minutes.
2018-7-22
Use props
BCD Video
lvl.2
Flight distance : 672103 ft
United States

I having the same problem when using my CS with my standard P4. My CS has all of the latest updates. The last CS update is now 2 months old and that update made the CS even more unreliable! So frustrating DJI!!!
2018-7-24
Use props
BCD Video
lvl.2
Flight distance : 672103 ft
United States

I having the same problem when using my CS with my standard P4. My CS has all of the latest updates. The last CS update is now 2 months old and that update made the CS even more unreliable! So frustrating DJI!!!
2018-7-24
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>

13 July, I updated my CrystalSky, MP drone, and 3 batteries - one did not update.  When I got ready to fly in Texas that battery then updated, I then flew the drone with my neice.  It was hovering 83 feet above the street we were standing in front of, camera looking straight down.  Screen went gray with aircraft disconnected and then I heard a loud WHACK as the drone hit the ground where we were looking.  Crash shattered my new low noise propellers, and the battery bounced out.  Left front leg/antennae was also broken off.

Not sure what caused the drone to just shut off.  We were airborne about 5-10 min when the drone shut off and crashed, could have been from damage of small crashes (into trees 2x when I misjudged how close I was, once when neighbor kid hit my house at low speed and it fell 2 feet into a bush, or if the battery update went wrong.  The battery still had between 50 - 75%  I bought a new drone at $799 from Best Buy (the next day - last week).  Updated  RC, Drone, Batteries and flew to Estes Park, CO and got some nice video.  However, the app disconnected on 3 out every 4 fllights.  Flew back.

Crystalsky only has one additional App - Litchi.  It was not on, or running in background.
2018-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules