Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
TB-50 dead after 16 flights WHAT!?
2882 11 2018-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Octocott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 668694 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I bought 6 batteries for my DJI Inspire 2 and after 16 flights one of the batteries reperted a dead cell.
And guess what DJI said? It's past 6 months warannty we will not do anything with it. =)

It's a bit whired to me. You sell a battery for a price of a smartphone. And it is only good for 16 flights.
Ether you forgot to state it in the ad. Or you are failing to acnolage your factoy defect.
We all know how you love money. But $150 for 16 flights is too bold even for you.
You got enough of my money since my P1 to show me some good service.

Let's hear it. Inspire 2 pilots? Who's batteries have how many sycles?
(If the general answer will be more than 16, I will acnolage this as a factory difect and will make DJI acnolage that)

2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Octocott, sorry to know the battery is not working, the warranty period of Inspire 2 battery is 6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times. If the battery was not used for a long time, it may affect the battery health. GTScreenshot_20180629_101724.png
Just to verify, did you update the firmware to the latest version since the latest version has optimized the cell voltage balance?
GTScreenshot_20180629_101940.png

2018-6-28
Use props
Octocott
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for your answer.
I tried it. It did't work for me.
Des DJI repair TB-50s? Or It's as good as $150 garbage?
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Octocott Posted at 2018-6-28 21:08

You do have left the battery alone for more than 72 hours after the firmware upgrade right? If so, I'm afraid there is nothing we can do remotely to get it addressed. The battery cannot be repaired especially when it has been out of warranty period, we do apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2018-6-28
Use props
djiuser_2i9aay080WUU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1866798 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Octocott Posted at 2018-6-28 21:08

150 dollar crap.
2018-6-29
Use props
Octocott
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-28 23:55
You do have left the battery alone for more than 72 hours after the firmware upgrade right? If so, I'm afraid there is nothing we can do remotely to get it addressed. The battery cannot be repaired especially when it has been out of warranty period, we do apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I did... Still reports a broken cell.
2018-6-29
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Octocott Posted at 2018-6-29 17:22

Sorry for your lose. unfortunately, the DJI charger cannot recover badly out of balance cells. The new FW has improved this situation but as you have found out, it can't fix them all.

I have fixed 2 TB 50 batteries, but they are very difficult to take the plastic case apart without breaking it. It takes a lot of time and determination and you need to make a special harness to correctly access the cells.

Rich

IMG_9672.jpg IMG_9673.jpg IMG_9676.jpg IMG_9769.jpg image5.jpeg image3.png
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Octocott Posted at 2018-6-29 17:22

Then this battery is not recommended to be used anymore, please check the guideline of how to take care of the battery here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... fety+Guidelines.pdf
Hope the same issue will not happen again.
2018-6-30
Use props
Octocott
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-6-29 21:42
Sorry for your lose. unfortunately, the DJI charger cannot recover badly out of balance cells. The new FW has improved this situation but as you have found out, it can't fix them all.

I have fixed 2 TB 50 batteries, but they are very difficult to take the plastic case apart without breaking it. It takes a lot of time and determination and you need to make a special harness to correctly access the cells.

Thank you! I'll give it a try.
But my GO App reports Cell BROKEN. Is it how it registers it?

I was using DJI since f450 and it was ok before they started to "monetize on batteries"
It's a lame strategy ether you support your client's batteries needs like Apple does ether more and more DIY and aftermarket solutions will appear out there and you loose profit. Looks like DJI can't see this obvious balance... So lame to see such a big company making such foolish mistakes.
2018-7-2
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Octocott Posted at 2018-7-2 18:44
Thank you! I'll give it a try.
But my GO App reports Cell BROKEN. Is it how it registers it?

Agreed... DJI does a lot of things very well and this is unfortunately not one of them. I wonder if liability \ warranty takes priority over the customer having control over the battery condition.

However, with that said, the new TB 50 DJI Battery Station has many useful features allowing you to monitor your battery packs. charging, fast charging and discharging.

The New FW has corrected many forum members batteries and some on other forums as well. I hope you can get it going again.

If this doesn't work, it probably not wise to continue using the battery.

Rich
2018-7-2
Use props
Dreamer1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7801565 ft
United States

Two of my TB-50 sets went bad as well. They charge up just fine and hold the charge-5 minutes into the flight, they both read critically low and have to land immediately.  Firmware is up to date.  

I also have two other sets that are closer to being new and they are starting to bulge out. After spending that much money with DJI on batteries just to have them go bad and DJI not recognize the defect is very sad. I'm surprised they are still in business with that type of product and service...I stopped buying from them...

Yes, i'm very diligent on taking care of my batteries as it's my main profession. They are stored correctly EVERY TIME-never over drained, never dropped, charged up then unplugged right away etc. Does not matter how good i take care of them, they still have problems.

Just to be clear-That's over $1,200 in batteries that no longer work. I'm done spending money on those things just have them break and I'm sure you all are as well!
2019-3-8
Use props
Frank White 9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 879843 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-6-29 21:42

Thanks for sharing
2019-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules