Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-M Questions before purchasing
5769 4 2015-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
finnschi
lvl.1
Germany

Hi there, I have a assignment comming up, where I will have to film Hotels, its going to be 8 Hotels in 10 Days, so shooting will need to be fast.
I have a couple of questions regarding the Ronin M.

I will be filming with either the Sony A7s or the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, both of those cameras have really shitty batteries.
so,

Will I be able to change batteries without taking the camera off and without re-calibrating?

second,

As I will be using Zoom lenses (Canon EF 16-35 2.8 and the 24-70 2.8), How stressfull is changing the Zoom? I Guess I have to recalibrate when zooming or changing lenses?

Third,
How Do I mount a Monitor (Atomos Shogun) to the Ronin-M?

fourth,
I have a FPV system from an old Drone, I am planning to connect that to the Shoguns output to give the operator something to see, how do I run all the cables without affecting the Ronins performance? (that includes the HDMI cable from the camera to the Shogun)

Fifth,
The 16-35mm F/2.8 from canon does not extend when zooming,  but it changes its weight distribution, does anyone know if the Ronin can compesate for that without Calibrating?

2015-5-17
Use props
martinbrough197
New

United Kingdom

Hi

I will answer what i can.

First. I use a Canon 5D MK III & Canon C100 and i can change both batteries without having to take the camera off. But i'm not sure about those cameras, what i have done though is get a cheap or expensive quick release plate so that you can just whip it off and not upset the balance, and access the batteries easily, this also means you can get the same baseplate for both cameras.

Second. Whatever change in weight to apply you will have to do a re-balance, this is with any Steadicam/Gimbal system, though when you get good with it, its takes 2 minutes.

Third. To mount a monitor or anything you will need a mounting bracket, you can buy the genuine Ronin-m one http://store.dji.com/product/ronin-m-monitor-accessory-mount or get a an equally useful cheaper one http://www.manfrotto.co.uk/nano-clamp

Not sure about your drone question. But for cables you will need a Hyper Thin cable that is very flexible and light. http://www.hypershop.com/HyperTh ... lexible-HDMI-Cable/

Fifth. Again any change in weight distribution will need a re-balance. But it will be a very small change with this, take a minute or so.

Only had mine 2 weeks but hope that helps

Thanks

2015-6-10
Use props
pbt04
lvl.1

Ghana

martinbrough197 Posted at 2015-6-10 08:07
Hi

I will answer what i can.

Hi there, could you please clarify exactly what you mean by "get a cheap or expensive quick release plate"?

Is that an additional component that didn't come with the Ronin-M? What purpose does it serve for you in the Ronin-M setup?

I ask because we are just about to buy a Ronin-M. We have a 5D Mk III and a 6D.

Cheers,

Patrick
2016-2-24
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5000 ft
Italy

martinbrough197
Hi.
I purchased the Ronin-m for a few days and mating with eos 5d MarkIII tamron 24 70. I know that you (martinbrough197) can change the battery without removing the camera from the plate and then proceed without a rebilancing the ronin. I tried but I can not.
Question is there any setup that allows to do so. Thanks
2016-3-12
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

e.gargiulo@soge Posted at 2016-3-12 16:57
martinbrough197
Hi.
I purchased the Ronin-m for a few days and mating with eos 5d MarkIII tamron 24  ...

He use a "quick release plate" on top of the one on the ronin, so he can take the cam out of it without messing with the balance.
2016-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules