Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4PV2 spherical panaramics
1930 37 2018-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TahoeFlyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203983 ft
United States

So according to my app, when I select the panoramic feature on the camera I’m supposed to get “stitched into a picture”. However I end up with a folder of photos that are not stitched. What is the dji method for getting this accomplished with the P4PV2?
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thank you so much for reaching DJI Forum, apologies for not having the results on your aircraft. May i ask if what is the version of your DJI GO 4 app?
2018-6-29
Use props
TahoeFlyer
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for your reply.

I am using 4.2.21 on the Dji Go4 app.
2018-6-29
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Best way is to load them into your computer and use Microsoft ICE to stitch them.
Free download: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ... e-composite-editor/
2018-6-29
Use props
TahoeFlyer
lvl.1
United States

I am aware that there is 3rd party solutions. My drone indicates that it can do it. Since it is designed to create them and currently does not; I would like to know why.
2018-6-29
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

TahoeFlyer Posted at 2018-6-29 22:39
I am aware that there is 3rd party solutions. My drone indicates that it can do it. Since it is designed to create them and currently does not; I would like to know why.

After landing hit the play button on the screen of the Go4 app, underneath the record button.
That's where you can view the panorama (I think ;-)
But it's a low quality file generated of the cached images, not the originals on the card.
For nice results you want to stich those yourself.
play.jpg
2018-6-30
Use props
TahoeFlyer
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-29 06:19
Hi thank you so much for reaching DJI Forum, apologies for not having the results on your aircraft. May i ask if what is the version of your DJI GO 4 app?

It’s the 4.22.22 version
2018-7-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

TahoeFlyer Posted at 2018-7-4 16:29
It’s the 4.22.22 version

Hi, I suggest you have to back up your files first like photos and videos because you will then be uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Does your remote have a built-in screen as well?
2018-7-5
Use props
paul2660
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

I don't believe  there is any way a drone is going to stitch 47 or so images for a 360 and give you any decent output.  As pointed out, Microsoft ICE is by the best way to get this done.  You will still need to upload the image to a site like Kuula to get the Little Planet to move 360 degrees automated, so your view flows.  

The DJIgo4 generated image will not take into account prop shadows, and trust me you will have them in with the P4 or any Phantom as when the gimbal looks up for the top shot, you will alway have props.  This can look like a blurred white cloud or black shadow depending on props in use.  Most folks are using white, but even they can create terrible shadows and blur.

The images on the P4 are 20MP, and you are generating with a 360 around  200MP image I assume as the ones from the Spark and Mavic at 12MP are around 150MP output resolution.  DJIgo4 would choke both the app and your device attempting to stitch such a file in the real full resolution  and thus the image created is not a high quality file.

Paul C
2018-7-5
Use props
TahoeFlyer
lvl.1
United States

paul2660 Posted at 2018-7-5 16:01
I don't believe  there is any way a drone is going to stitch 47 or so images for a 360 and give you any decent output.  As pointed out, Microsoft ICE is by the best way to get this done.  You will still need to upload the image to a site like Kuula to get the Little Planet to move 360 degrees automated, so your view flows.  

The DJIgo4 generated image will not take into account prop shadows, and trust me you will have them in with the P4 or any Phantom as when the gimbal looks up for the top shot, you will alway have props.  This can look like a blurred white cloud or black shadow depending on props in use.  Most folks are using white, but even they can create terrible shadows and blur.

Thank you for your input. Dji seems to think you are incorrect. Since you don’t seem to have a P4PV2 I would suggest that you keep your miss information to yourself. Thank you.
2018-7-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TahoeFlyer Posted at 2018-7-6 18:58
Thank you for your input. Dji seems to think you are incorrect. Since you don’t seem to have a P4PV2 I would suggest that you keep your miss information to yourself. Thank you.

'Since you don’t seem to have a P4PV2 I would suggest that you keep your miss information to yourself. Thank you.'

That sort of reply is not going to get you any help on this forum. And you are also dead wrong, a quick look at the aircraft under his avatar reveals he does in fact have a P4PV2.
2018-7-6
Use props
TahoeFlyer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-7-5 03:26
Hi, I suggest you have to back up your files first like photos and videos because you will then be uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Does your remote have a built-in screen as well?

Thank you for your reply. No I do not have the built in screen I use an iPhone 6s Plus.

As you suggested I removed the dji go 4 app and reinstalled. Noticed that the image quality improved. Took the drone out to capture a spherical pano. First one took 1 picture and the resulted in complete loss of craft control and disconnected status. Closed app relaunch no change, disconnect cable close app relaunch reconnect connected status but no control of craft. Remote was completely unresponsive. Luckily the home button did bring the craft down, at a location other then the home point.  Full shut down of craft, remote, phone and re launch app. Tried spherical pano again captures 34 images and then still no stiched finished product. It does create a html file in the images folder. Also all pano related photos do not show up in my photos library within the app.

Additional I have noticed severe aliasing, skipping and digital flaws when using 4K 60fps. Results in unusable video. This was not the case prior to the last 2 firmware updates.
2018-7-6
Use props
TahoeFlyer
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-6 19:04
'Since you don’t seem to have a P4PV2 I would suggest that you keep your miss information to yourself. Thank you.'

That sort of reply is not going to get you any help on this forum. And you are also dead wrong, a quick look at the aircraft under his avatar reveals he does in fact have a P4PV2.

Thank you for your reply. Apparently the ability to read is a common problem here. All the non dji responses have not been helpful at all and obviously did not read my original post. So I am aware that I am not going to get the help I requested here. Luckily dji does seem to want to help, regardless of your thought that I can not get help.

Since the previous poster has a P4PV2 then he should be aware that the bird is supposed to stich the photos together. This means that since it is not that dji needs to fix the problem. If no one makes them aware of the problem and everyone assumes it shouldn’t work then the problem won’t get fixed.

So if you want to be helpful or anyone else, then try reading my original post and answer along those lines instead of assuming I am wrong and don’t know what I am asking.

Thank you
2018-7-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TahoeFlyer Posted at 2018-7-6 20:01
Thank you for your reply. Apparently the ability to read is a common problem here. All the non dji responses have not been helpful at all and obviously did not read my original post. So I am aware that I am not going to get the help I requested here. Luckily dji does seem to want to help, regardless of your thought that I can not get help.

Since the previous poster has a P4PV2 then he should be aware that the bird is supposed to stich the photos together. This means that since it is not that dji needs to fix the problem. If no one makes them aware of the problem and everyone assumes it shouldn’t work then the problem won’t get fixed.

So you have received a great deal of help from the DJI people and that has solved your problem? They are near enough to robots and cough up the same responses to every one. This is primarily a user forum, and it relies heavily on people like myself to help users find solutions to their problems, So you would get more help from the actual aircraft owners on here, if you have more patience and were not so rude. I see from you list of other issues that you are not very familiar with your aircraft, presumably because you have not read the manual, so good luck with your problem.
2018-7-6
Use props
EdM
Captain
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Actually Eric 13 has given you the closest answer to your problem.   Both controller and P4p v2 must be on.   It uses the files stored on the sd card to create a viewable tiny planet version of a 360 shot.   To view the file anywhere else first you must share it.  If shared correctly it can be viewed as a 360 from the inside.   I like to import it onto my goggles and view there.   While the quality is not bad, you can achieve better  by doing it manually thru 3rd party programs as doing it in DJI Go4 uses a lot of compression.  
2018-7-7
Use props
TahoeFlyer
lvl.1
United States

EdM Posted at 2018-7-7 03:00
Actually Eric 13 has given you the closest answer to your problem.   Both controller and P4p v2 must be on.   It uses the files stored on the sd card to create a viewable tiny planet version of a 360 shot.   To view the file anywhere else first you must share it.  If shared correctly it can be viewed as a 360 from the inside.   I like to import it onto my goggles and view there.   While the quality is not bad, you can achieve better  by doing it manually thru 3rd party programs as doing it in DJI Go4 uses a lot of compression.

Yes both my controller and aircraft are on. In no way does anything that the previous post about the in app ability and being able to view any stiched picture happen with my bird.

In fact after uninstalling and reinstalling the app resulted in a complete loss of control of the bird and remote disconnect when I tried to take a pano. Relaunching the app and unplugging resulted in a reconnect but still no controll. Luckily the home button did work, however it did not actually return to home it just auto landed.  The flight logs are rather interesting. Apparently during a pano shot the sticks are disabled and pano is enabled as the controller. So something in the pano process is broken and not operating properly.
2018-7-7
Use props
TahoeFlyer
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-6 21:11
So you have received a great deal of help from the DJI people and that has solved your problem? They are near enough to robots and cough up the same responses to every one. This is primarily a user forum, and it relies heavily on people like myself to help users find solutions to their problems, So you would get more help from the actual aircraft owners on here, if you have more patience and were not so rude. I see from you list of other issues that you are not very familiar with your aircraft, presumably because you have not read the manual, so good luck with your problem.

Please enlighten me with my lack of knowledge. I did in fact read the manual 2 times. I have changed several settings to fix my video problem. Interestingly enough it will happen and not happen with the exact same settings as far as I can tell. I have saved my camera settings and reload them each flight. Then I check them for accuracy. So if there is a setting I am missing that says stop skipping and digitization please feel free to tell me which of them it is. I would appreciate any input that is dji related to fix either issue.

I am aware there are 3 rd party solutions, however I feel that since I paid well for this item it should function as it is intended to without a 3 rd party. Which dji supposedly also prefers.

I did not say dji was a weath of knowledge. I just said they had been the most helpful to this point.
2018-7-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The wealth of knowledge is held mostly by the gracious forum members.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TahoeFlyer Posted at 2018-7-7 09:09
Please enlighten me with my lack of knowledge. I did in fact read the manual 2 times. I have changed several settings to fix my video problem. Interestingly enough it will happen and not happen with the exact same settings as far as I can tell. I have saved my camera settings and reload them each flight. Then I check them for accuracy. So if there is a setting I am missing that says stop skipping and digitization please feel free to tell me which of them it is. I would appreciate any input that is dji related to fix either issue.

I am aware there are 3 rd party solutions, however I feel that since I paid well for this item it should function as it is intended to without a 3 rd party. Which dji supposedly also prefers.

'So if there is a setting I am missing that says stop skipping and digitization please feel free to tell me which of them it is.'

The live feed and the recordings are MPEG encoded, they do not skip in their own right, that is caused by whatever you are using to view them. If you are shooting 4K, then it may not play on anything you own, it is very demanding. One option is the VLCPlayer, a free player download. The other point is not to bother playing back the cached material on your phone. The cached video is quite poor qwuality, the real movies and still are on the SD card in the aircraft. BTW, 4K 60 fps is meant for slow motion work, it is intended to be played back at 30 fps.

'Luckily the home button did work, however it did not actually return to home it just auto landed.'

If you were closer than 20 Metres to the home point, then the aircraft will land where it is rather than move to the home position. This is covered in the manual.

I think you would be better off asking if anyone here on this forum has been able to get the spherical panorama mode to work on a P4P-V2. And if so, where did it store the result and was it any good.
2018-7-7
Use props
TahoeFlyer
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-7 15:03
'So if there is a setting I am missing that says stop skipping and digitization please feel free to tell me which of them it is.'

The live feed and the recordings are MPEG encoded, they do not skip in their own right, that is caused by whatever you are using to view them. If you are shooting 4K, then it may not play on anything you own, it is very demanding. One option is the VLCPlayer, a free player download. The other point is not to bother playing back the cached material on your phone. The cached video is quite poor qwuality, the real movies and still are on the SD card in the aircraft. BTW, 4K 60 fps is meant for slow motion work, it is intended to be played back at 30 fps.

Thank you for your reply. Maybe I did not explain my video play back problem well enough. But with the same settings on the drone I will get one video that plays perfectly and another that has digitizations skips and other digital issues. Since I am using the same player and computer for both I see no way that my player and computer is the problem.

As for RTH landing directly and not at home point. I think you are mistaken as when I use the RTH function and I used a detailed take off it lands within a few inches of its take off point. What happened is a full software freeze up while in flight caused by me taking a pano. This resulted in a flight that started at 100’ and a new home point that was luckily not over a roof. By no means  was this a normal function of the drone. Also having no buttons work on the remote and the remote becoming disconnected because I initiated a pano picture is not a proper software response.
2018-7-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TahoeFlyer Posted at 2018-7-7 18:14
Thank you for your reply. Maybe I did not explain my video play back problem well enough. But with the same settings on the drone I will get one video that plays perfectly and another that has digitizations skips and other digital issues. Since I am using the same player and computer for both I see no way that my player and computer is the problem.

As for RTH landing directly and not at home point. I think you are mistaken as when I use the RTH function and I used a detailed take off it lands within a few inches of its take off point. What happened is a full software freeze up while in flight caused by me taking a pano. This resulted in a flight that started at 100’ and a new home point that was luckily not over a roof. By no means  was this a normal function of the drone. Also having no buttons work on the remote and the remote becoming disconnected because I initiated a pano picture is not a proper software response.

Just to be clear. It is a normal function of the RTH system that if you are within 20 Metres of the home point, the aircraft will not fly to the home point and land, it will land immediately where it is at the time. Outside of a 20 metres radius, it should perform a normal return to home. Your aircraft will not be finding a 'new home point', it is landing in place for another reason.

And with regard to the skipping. this is not a function of the recording. The modified MPEG recording principle does not skip frames. Only playback devices can do that. What are you video recording settings?
2018-7-7
Use props
TahoeFlyer
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-7 18:39
Just to be clear. It is a normal function of the RTH system that if you are within 20 Metres of the home point, the aircraft will not fly to the home point and land, it will land immediately where it is at the time. Outside of a 20 metres radius, it should perform a normal return to home. Your aircraft will not be finding a 'new home point', it is landing in place for another reason.

And with regard to the skipping. this is not a function of the recording. The modified MPEG recording principle does not skip frames. Only playback devices can do that. What are you video recording settings?

So you are saying that if the drone is 20 meters away or closer it just lands where it is?  That’s quite a distance. That means if I am flying over say a river 3 meters away and hit the RTH button it would land in the river. I’m not sure how you can say that, but that defiantly has not been my experience with any dji drone except maybe the Tello.
2018-7-7
Use props
TahoeFlyer
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-7-7 10:36
The wealth of knowledge is held mostly by the gracious forum members.

Well good then I came to the right place. I guess I just need to wait for someone with the knowledge to come around and share it then.
2018-7-7
Use props
TahoeFlyer
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-7 15:03

Also as a further note I am not using the MP4 codex as I have selected the MOV video format.
2018-7-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

TahoeFlyer Posted at 2018-7-7 20:53
Also as a further note I am not using the MP4 codex as I have selected the MOV video format.

I too, use the MOV selection, with my Phantom 3 Pro’.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TahoeFlyer Posted at 2018-7-7 20:45
So you are saying that if the drone is 20 meters away or closer it just lands where it is?  That’s quite a distance. That means if I am flying over say a river 3 meters away and hit the RTH button it would land in the river. I’m not sure how you can say that, but that defiantly has not been my experience with any dji drone except maybe the Tello.
Yes, see the bottom of Page 17 in the P4P-V2 on-line manual. And you would certainly not be the first to be caught out by that little quirk.
2018-7-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TahoeFlyer Posted at 2018-7-7 20:53

The MP4 and MOV specs are containers, the encoding inside them is identical, it is either H264 or H265, and both are based on the MPEG framework.

There is an easy way to solve this, post a shortish clip of one of your problem video clips to Dropbox and we can look at it and tell you if it plays properly or not.
2018-7-7
Use props
TahoeFlyer
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-7 21:10
Yes, see the bottom of Page 17 in the P4P-V2 on-line manual. And you would certainly not be the first to be caught out by that little quirk.

As a matter of fact I do see what you are referring to, as I started reading the manual for a 3rd time to see if you were based in fact. It does say what you say it does. However you leave out a key part of what it says. This is if the drone has lost all gps link and can no longer find its home point acutely. It is interesting that you think this is a normal thing for the P4PV2, as I have not found it to be. I always wait for 9 or more satalights before I launch my bird ( ussaly takes about 3-5 minutes) I also tend to take an accurate home point. At the time of the incident (according to the log) it had over 18 satellites. So I am not sure how you would think that a loss of gps landing would apply. In fact the take off flight showed the correct home point, the landing flight has no home point at all, it also starts at 100’ AGL. Now that’s talent!

In fact the drone hovered very accurately, despite not having main gimbal for vision, 15 mph winds and loss of controller connection.

Since you read the manual and know it so well, how long before the bird auto lands after a loss of signal? 10 seconds. It took me much longer then 10 seconds to relaunch, unplug and relaunch (according to flight logs it was 2:37) so why did it not auto land on remote disconnect?
2018-7-7
Use props
EdM
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Here is an example of a pano shot with the P4P V2 from a few days back of the Mississippi River Model that was used to predict what differing floodwaters would do.   Abandoned in the late 70's a group has formed to clean it up and try to preserve a piece of history.
2018-7-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TahoeFlyer Posted at 2018-7-7 21:24
As a matter of fact I do see what you are referring to, as I started reading the manual for a 3rd time to see if you were based in fact. It does say what you say it does. However you leave out a key part of what it says. This is if the drone has lost all gps link and can no longer find its home point acutely. It is interesting that you think this is a normal thing for the P4PV2, as I have not found it to be. I always wait for 9 or more satalights before I launch my bird ( ussaly takes about 3-5 minutes) I also tend to take an accurate home point. At the time of the incident (according to the log) it had over 18 satellites. So I am not sure how you would think that a loss of gps landing would apply. In fact the take off flight showed the correct home point, the landing flight has no home point at all, it also starts at 100’ AGL. Now that’s talent!

In fact the drone hovered very accurately, despite not having main gimbal for vision, 15 mph winds and loss of controller connection.

' However you leave out a key part of what it says. This is if the drone has lost all gps link and can no longer find its home point acutely. It is interesting that you think this is a normal thing for the P4PV2, as I have not found it to be.'

Unless the P4PV2 is different than all other Phantoms, the 20 Metre rule has been the case since the very first P3 model. No-one seems to know why DJI programmed it that way, and it has been a constant puzzle to everyone. It doesw not matter what triggers the RTH function, including manually pressing the RTH button, if it is within 20 Metres of the home point, it lands where it is. And yes, people have had their aircraft drop in the water as a result of this action.

But since you want to question everything I tell you, why not wait until someone else comes along and confirms what I said. Or better still, do a search on this forum, it has been the subject of many threads.

2018-7-7
Use props
EdM
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-7-7 22:58
' However you leave out a key part of what it says. This is if the drone has lost all gps link and can no longer find its home point acutely. It is interesting that you think this is a normal thing for the P4PV2, as I have not found it to be.'

Unless the P4PV2 is different than all other Phantoms, the 20 Metre rule has been the case since the very first P3 model. No-one seems to know why DJI programmed it that way, and it has been a constant puzzle to everyone. It doesw not matter what triggers the RTH function, including manually pressing the RTH button, if it is within 20 Metres of the home point, it lands where it is. And yes, people have had their aircraft drop in the water as a result of this action.

Geebax, you are correct.  20 Meter rule still in effect.   Mentioned a couple times in the manual and even has it's own dedicated picture and description.  That is one feature of the P4P V2 that I have not personally tried out yet and most likely never will.   Did try out RTH a couple of times from a distance just because it was a new bird, worked fine.

2018-7-8
Use props
TahoeFlyer
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-7-7 20:57
I too, use the MOV selection, with my Phantom 3 Pro’.

I am not sure why I don’t like the MP4 codex but for some reason I have always avoided it.
2018-7-8
Use props
TahoeFlyer
lvl.1
United States

EdM Posted at 2018-7-8 03:44
Geebax, you are correct.  20 Meter rule still in effect.   Mentioned a couple times in the manual and even has it's own dedicated picture and description.  That is one feature of the P4P V2 that I have not personally tried out yet and most likely never will.   Did try out RTH a couple of times from a distance just because it was a new bird, worked fine.

I believe you are both incorrect. As in the manual it indicates this is a landing condition when it has lost its gps and controller signal which is why it will land within s 20 m radius.   It is one of 3 RTH modes. The main mode for RTH is a smart mode where the P4PV2 uses  its 5 directions of obstacles avoidance and returns to the home point. During smart RTH the bird climes to its preset RTH altitude and then hovers over its take off point and then lands. One of the main selling points of this bird is this feature. It works great, not sure how you think it would just land where ever all the time and own this bird. Not sure how you all think you can compare a P3 to the P4 PV2 and think is going to be the same. That’s like comparing a hand held calculator to a gaming computer, pointless. Of course I guess at the last few feet it could shift 20 feet on landing as I always hand catch my bird.
2018-7-8
Use props
TahoeFlyer
lvl.1
United States

EdM Posted at 2018-7-7 21:33
Here is an example of a pano shot with the P4P V2 from a few days back of the Mississippi River Model that was used to predict what differing floodwaters would do.   Abandoned in the late 70's a group has formed to clean it up and try to preserve a piece of history.
[view_image]

Thanks it looks very nice. I have been enjoying making a ton of 360’s as well. It’s an amazing feature as far as I am concerned. Sometimes I just grap 10-20 pics and make some interesting flat panos as well.
2018-7-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

TahoeFlyer Posted at 2018-7-8 07:29
Thanks it looks very nice. I have been enjoying making a ton of 360’s as well. It’s an amazing feature as far as I am concerned. Sometimes I just grap 10-20 pics and make some interesting flat panos as well.

Please share a few of your works.

I’d like to see them. It interests me... Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

TahoeFlyer Posted at 2018-7-8 07:15
I am not sure why I don’t like the MP4 codex but for some reason I have always avoided it.

Does it it depend on your area of the planet?

Or is it the type device used, iOS or Android?

Anyway, my choice was for a reason, which I have forgotten, this morning.
Lack of sleep, with my sore arthritic neck.

RedHotPoker
2018-7-8
Use props
EdM
Captain
  • >>>
United States

TahoeFlyer Posted at 2018-7-8 07:26
I believe you are both incorrect. As in the manual it indicates this is a landing condition when it has lost its gps and controller signal which is why it will land within s 20 m radius.   It is one of 3 RTH modes. The main mode for RTH is a smart mode where the P4PV2 uses  its 5 directions of obstacles avoidance and returns to the home point. During smart RTH the bird climes to its preset RTH altitude and then hovers over its take off point and then lands. One of the main selling points of this bird is this feature. It works great, not sure how you think it would just land where ever all the time and own this bird. Not sure how you all think you can compare a P3 to the P4 PV2 and think is going to be the same. That’s like comparing a hand held calculator to a gaming computer, pointless. Of course I guess at the last few feet it could shift 20 feet on landing as I always hand catch my bird.

OK TahoeFlyer, got a challenge for you.   First I have to add a disclaimer, make sure your Refresh is paid up and in force.   Find you a site to fly with a water filled ditch.   Only need a couple of feet of water, will make retrieval  easier.   
Now move off the ditch 30 to 40 feet.    Make sure you have plenty of satellites locked in and the home point is established.   Climb to altitude of your choice.   Point the camera straight down.  Fly over the exact center of the ditch and hover.
Here's where it gets tricky.  Your choice, engage RTH or turn the controller off.   No matter what happens don't touch the controller again.  Now wade out in the ditch and retrieve your bird.   I am positive that you will be wading.  
Better yet, next time you are out flying do the above, but do it over dry land.   
Trust me, I know for a fact this is how it works on at least a P4, P4P V2 and a Mavic Pro.   Just came back from testing the P4P V2 just to make sure, it was the only one not tested.  Three out of three times it just set right down.  (You didn't think I would try it over water did you?)
Go out to 100 feet and it behaves just like a RTH from two miles out.
2018-7-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TahoeFlyer Posted at 2018-7-8 07:15

MP4 is not a codec, it is a container. So is MOV. You can procduce a file that is exactly the same but with either extension. MP4 is the norm, however the MOV format exists for those people who insist on using an Apple device, and there is no other reason for its existence. MOV does not produce a better result in any way.
2018-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules