Remote controller replacement?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IZAK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16959 ft

My battery in my Phantom Pro's Controller has recently died. I see that this is a very common problem. I myself am not a very "handy" guy when it comes to small solders and electronics so repairing it myself wont really be an option. Do any of you know how much DJI charges for Controller battery replacement? I am also looking into getting a used controller off of ebay. Are you able to re-bind a new controler to the drone or do you have to get a specific frequency controller that corisponds to your drone? I have found quite a few for under 80$ so it seems that it could be the cheeper option. Thanks for the help -Isaac
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel sorry for your RC. May we ask when did you purchase your aircraft?
2018-6-29
Use props
IZAK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16959 ft

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-29 06:28
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel sorry for your RC. May we ask when did you purchase your aircraft?

just over 2 years ago
2018-6-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

IZAK Posted at 2018-6-29 06:29
just over 2 years ago

Hi, since it was 2 years old already, definitely it's out of warranty already. For the ballpark figure of the services, only the repair center can determine that. You can rebind the controller manually once its already fixed.
2018-6-29
Use props
Dennyh34
lvl.1

United States

Warranty should not matter with this,  you guys have known about this widespread problem,  there should of been a recall.  Now there should be a class action lawsuit against you guys.   I have had nothing but problems with my controller since I got the thing 2 years ago and you guys did nothing but give me the run around.  Now my battery will only charge up to 3 lights.  Everyone who has had this problem should get a replacement controller for free.
2018-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules